Potential head football coach candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

I want Tommy Bowden back. If he can find another Coach Rod as his top assistant. I loved their offense and how both disciplined the team unlike CJ and staff. What a mess we are in now!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:I want Tommy Bowden back. If he can find another Coach Rod as his top assistant. I loved their offense and how both disciplined the team unlike CJ and staff. What a mess we are in now!
Stop posting as "hidden" we're on to you.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Willie Fritz is totally qualified and would do us proud. Assume our Baseball coach knows him well and can highly recommend Willie.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Willie Fritz is totally qualified and would do us proud. Assume our Baseball coach knows him well and can highly recommend Willie.
Wrong Jonathan. Pierce is going to tell him stay far away and please don't work for Rick Dickson.
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree. Let us get rid of Dickson first. Email Fitts and the Tulane Board.
Show Me
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:I agree. Let us get rid of Dickson first. Email Fitts and the Tulane Board.
Ok Pete.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

I guess at this point Dickson is the problem to getting good football coaching.
IM42lane
Swell

Please excuse my ignorance, but who in Hades is Willie Fritz?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
nawlinspete
Riptide

NFM
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /18102361/

Also, He was the secondary and special teams coach for the Bearkats in 1991 and 1992, helping lead Sam Houston to a Southland Conference championship and starting a special teams success tradition that lasted more than a decade. The "block party" saw Kat special teams block 80 punts, field goals and extra points in the 14 seasons from 1991 to 2004.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Coach Fritz would be beyond an ideal hire.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Coach Fritz would be beyond an ideal hire.
At this point, I would welcome Willie Gault...Wiliie Wonka...or even Free Willie
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
At this point, I would welcome Willie Gault...Wiliie Wonka...or even Free Willie
Willie Mays, Joe Willie Namath, Willie Shoemaker, Willie Tell, .......
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Willie Mays, Joe Willie Namath, Willie Shoemaker, Willie Tell, .......
LOL !!!!....Let all the "Willies" apply for the job .... I can see the classified ad now...."Wanted, One Willie" ...or... "One Willie Wanted" ..." No Williams need apply"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

This Thread should be moved to The Huddle so that it leads to considered discussion. Coach Fritz should be seriously considered for our open HC position.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

CJ done after this loss.
Let's hope we don't waste money and hire another search firm to get this done.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Who cares. Tulane sure doesn't
greenphantom
Swell

I hope so but Tulane will probably just replace him with Larry Coker or the Saints DB coach. Too bad we could not get Todd Monken the last go round.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:I hope so but Tulane will probably just replace him with Larry Coker or the Saints DB coach. Too bad we could not get Todd Monken the last go round.
Rob Ryan I guess. Loomis needs to find him a job so the Saints don't have to pay him what he's owed. He can stay in NOLA and watch his son play ball at Newman.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

Les Miles might be available soon.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:CJ done after this loss.
Let's hope we don't waste money and hire another search firm to get this done.
I don't think that's any more or less likely than it was yesterday, when it was no sure thing.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I say go after Willie Fritz, as I said four years ago. He has won at every level of football that he has ever coached. Tonight his Georgia Southern team is going eye to eye with Georgia. Of course Willie is a good ole boy, and our elitist BOA and administration probably feel they are too good for him.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Tulane is a sleeping giant in football. We are in the best recruiting area in the entire nation....our problem is that we need to quit hiring the same type of coaches we've been hiring and expecting different results.

The old school pro style offense etc....those days are gone for mid majors. The only ways those programs can run and compete with the best is you to have elite talent and we don't. Otherwise pro style offense only wins as many wins as talent dictates.

Tulane isnt going to be able to recruit against Big time programs unless we offer something unique. The way the football game is going in college these days is you have to hire one of these offensive gurus.....especially if you are a mid major or have trouble recruiting. You need an advantage.

There are several names on my list, and none of them are washed up sec coaches or any old coach that's been fired 3 times...as some on here keep touting. If I was ad, I'd hire Lincoln Riley yesterday before someone else does. We have to get away from hiring the local yocal with ties to area. We need to think outside the box of we want different results than what we've been getting.
Jonathan
Riptide

We need to fire CJ and Conroy tomorrow.