Potential head football coach candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

austxwave wrote:my gut says there will be a leak that a press conference will be held on Tuesday. the coach will be signed by tomorrow morning and hit the road recruiting. the name will leak as recruits will tweet it out or some variation of that leak. we'll all know at that point and anxiously await the aforementioned press conference on Tuesday which is just a formality.
Definitely what Dannen is trying to accomplish.

SobeWave
Ripple

austxwave wrote:my gut says there will be a leak that a press conference will be held on Tuesday. the coach will be signed by tomorrow morning and hit the road recruiting. the name will leak as recruits will tweet it out or some variation of that leak. we'll all know at that point and anxiously await the aforementioned press conference on Tuesday which is just a formality.
Hilarious that you think we need to "time" the press conference/hire reveal. This will be a blip on the Espn crawl regardless of the day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Heard this name today.
Kevin Johns.
http://iuhoosiers.com/coaches.aspx?path ... ll&rc=1157
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Heard this name today.
Kevin Johns.
phpBB [video]
Hope not. IU is epitome of a university that could care less about football' making Johns nothing more than a hanger on looking for a paycheck, unconcerned about winning and content on not being under pressure.

The IU administration, top to bottom would get rid of football if feasable.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
D did you mean to say turn down South Carolina?

Yes. My faux pas.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Heard this name today.
Kevin Johns.
Hope not. IU is epitome of a university that could care less about football' making Johns nothing more than a hanger on looking for a paycheck, unconcerned about winning and content on not being under pressure.

The IU administration, top to bottom would get rid of football if feasable.
Up until last week our university couldn't care less about football.
TU23
High Tide

Johns is sharp. Indiana was really good on offense and horrible on defense this year. Don't know how serious a candidate he is but he checks off a lot of Dannen's boxes. Wouldn't be a sexy hire but he's light years ahead of what we've had.
Jonathan
Riptide

My posts have been deleted three times by Steve or his Loyola partner on the north shore. why? The TCU offensive coordinator has supposedly accepted the job. NOLA said it was offered and this other web site says d he accepted it. This is non Ye Olde Green Wave. Why are you deleting my posts?
waveclem
Surge

Does anyone seriously not think this isn't spam?? He's begging to be banned.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TU23 wrote:Johns is sharp. Indiana was really good on offense and horrible on defense this year. Don't know how serious a candidate he is but he checks off a lot of Dannen's boxes. Wouldn't be a sexy hire but he's light years ahead of what we've had.
Bingo! He's my under the radar candidate.
He had both Ohio St beat and Mich on the ropes until the last play of the game.
Look at the points his offense put up!
http://www.iuhoosiers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
TU23 wrote:Johns is sharp. Indiana was really good on offense and horrible on defense this year. Don't know how serious a candidate he is but he checks off a lot of Dannen's boxes. Wouldn't be a sexy hire but he's light years ahead of what we've had.
How in the hell do you lose to RUTGERS on homecoming ?!?!?!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their offense was good this year. Better than some of the names we are hearing. Someone like this could help us recruit good lineman from that part of the country. Last time that happened we produced our best football teams in modern times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
You score 52pts but your defense gives up 55pts.
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

Jonathan that report was marked bogus by multiple people. He is NOT the new coach. Not everything you read on Twitter is true.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Forever TU wrote:Jonathan that report was marked bogus by multiple people. He is NOT the new coach. Not everything you read on Twitter is true.

Or on nola.com.

I think we need to give Jonathan a pass for now. He's probably got early stage dementia and really may not know what he's doing. :help:
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

I am still hoping this comes through. Fritz lit up again this year. I am stoked that we interviewed him yesterday. When I started this thread I was just pointing out what I thought would be a great candidate in general if we had a bad year. Well, we did, and Fritz had a good one as expected. He would win a lot here I believe, and solve the special teams problems.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:Their offense was good this year. Better than some of the names we are hearing. Someone like this could help us recruit good lineman from that part of the country. Last time that happened we produced our best football teams in modern times.
"That part of the country" is producing a tiny fraction of what it once had. Stay tuned for the Big Ten "Coaching Clinic Caravan" coming to your neighborhood.
If we wind up hiring the Hoosier, we're going to pay for a very solid defensive staff with connections to this region.
I don't understand why we can't follow the TCU model; solid defensive oriented HC with extensive experience and recruiting connections combined with whiz kid OC and staff?
Last edited by wave97 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDTulane
Riptide

I'm surprised to hear so many names this season. With the CuJO year did we have nearly this many?
JDTulane
Riptide

We interviewed Brady Hoke? apparently
SobeWave
Ripple

JDTulane wrote:We interviewed Brady Hoke? apparently

That is correct per ESPN.
hounddog
Low Tide

SobeWave wrote:

This would be like a Toldeo redux.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

hounddog wrote:
SobeWave wrote:

Lol but true.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
hounddog wrote:
SobeWave wrote:

Lol but true.

That's how I feel too.. Definite downward trend at Michi before his axe
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
You score 52pts but your defense gives up 55pts.
AAHHH...the Texas Tech method, is alive and well at Indiana...but c'mon...Rutgers !?!?!?!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bringing an offense like Kevin Johns runs would be a bonanza with all the skill players we have in this area. If Indiana had any defense they would have beaten most of their opponents especially Ohio St and Mich. this past season.
First time since 2007 Indiana has been bowl eligible.
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981