WE DEMAND TO THE SEE THE PLANS

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's right Tulane the stakeholders want to see the plans of all the candidates. We are sick and tired of the cone of silence. You screwed Arnie and so he screwed you. That's how life works. Now your search will have no credibility if we don't see the plans of all the candidates.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:That's right Tulane the stakeholders want to see the plans of all the candidates. We are sick and tired of the cone of silence. You screwed Arnie and so he screwed you. That's how life works. Now your search will have no credibility if we don't see the plans of all the candidates.
+1,000,000
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU-MD
Low Tide

@ScottDKushner: I have been told definitively that #Tulane is interviewing more than just those 5 candidates, but haven't been able to place them yet.
Arnie could still be in the running.
RobertM320
Green Wave

LSU-MD wrote:
@ScottDKushner: I have been told definitively that #Tulane is interviewing more than just those 5 candidates, but haven't been able to place them yet.
If they can find someone with a truly better plan and vision than Fielkow, I'd have to see it to believe it.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU-MD wrote:
Easy to find out. Call Eric Asher on his radio show at 11am today and ask.

1-504-556-9696
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU-MD
Low Tide

If they can find someone with a truly better plan and vision than Fielkow, I'd have to see it to believe it.
I'll submit my resume and here is my plan.

Step1: Look at what Tulane has been doing for 50+ years.
Step2: Don't do that anymore
Step3: See my earlier facilities plan
Step4: Pay the local punk kids to annoy the crap out of the NIMBYs until they are ready to sale and then buy and bulldoze their houses and turn Yulman into a proper stadium. It has potential it just needs the property between it and Audubon drive.
Step5: Leave for Bama AD and hire RD to destroy the program. :shhh:
RobertM320
Green Wave

LSU-MD wrote:
I'll submit my resume and here is my plan.

Step1: Look at what Tulane has been doing for 50+ years.
Step2: Don't do that anymore
Step3: See my earlier facilities plan
Step4: Pay the local punk kids to annoy the crap out of the NIMBYs until they are ready to sale and then buy and bulldoze their houses and turn Yulman into a proper stadium. It has potential it just needs the property between it and Audubon drive.
Step5: Leave for Bama AD and hire RD to destroy the program. :shhh:

I could get behind this... :) I'm assuming you mean hire RD at Bama, not back at Tulane.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

winwave wrote:That's right Tulane the stakeholders want to see the plans of all the candidates. We are sick and tired of the cone of silence. You screwed Arnie and so he screwed you. That's how life works. Now your search will have no credibility if we don't see the plans of all the candidates.
Ditto! We have had enough!
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

LSU-MD wrote:
Arnie is no longer in the running Kushner was specifically told this. Arnie is out I guess Tulane got scared he would actually be successful and win
LSU-MD
Low Tide

I could get behind this... :) I'm assuming you mean hire RD at Bama, not back at Tulane.
Yes, hire RD at Bama.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I amn trying to figure out what Benson has against Arnie.... All Arnie did was make Benson a billionaire by exposing Benson's hand on relocation after katrina and then the State giving Benson all of the property on what is now called Champions Sq and then leasing the office space from him !!! Benson should be kissing and wiping Arnie's butt !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:I amn trying to figure out what Benson has against Arnie.... All Arnie did was make Benson a billionaire by exposing Benson's hand on relocation after katrina and then the State giving Benson all of the property on what is now called Champions Sq and then leasing the office space from him !!! Benson should be kissing and wiping Arnie's butt !!!!
No doubt his past with Benson (wife a current board member and him a big donor) has got to hurt him with Tulane. Perhaps he knew going in he had no chance going in but wants to get the word out on what needs to be done to turn Tulane around.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll add that here is no acceptable excuse not to do this. All these candidates are Asst. AD's and are supposed to be looking to move up. Plus their names have been made public. Finally there is absolutely no excuse not to see Burke's plan as she is already at Tulane. So let's see them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TU23
High Tide

Winwave, normally you and I are in agreement on just about everything, but I respectfully disagree here. These are supposed to be confidential. Arnie got angry and breached that confidentiality to get everyone riled up about the decision not to interview him. That shouldn't put other candidates in the position to make their plans public. Some of them might have included plans like coaching changes that shouldn't be made public. And frankly, for the ones who have good ideas who aren't hired by Tulane, they shouldn't have to make their plans public for when they do take over as AD at another school. This isn't just about Tulane...some of these people are going to interview at other schools and making their plans public puts them at a disadvantage.
OUG
Riptide

The candidates themselves are not going to send their plans to Eric Asher or anyone else. By the way, if Arnie was still under consideration, he wouldn't have either. He burned a bridge, big time. You just don't do something like this during a process like this. It's like how when you're being considered for VP nominee, you go out of your way to NOT campaign for it in the media.

But maybe Tulane should leak the plans of those names who they have already leaked. I mean let's be real, Kushner didn't get those names yesterday because he met deepthroat in a parking garage 20 times in the last 2 months. Someone on the committee, probably the whole committee, wanted to put 5 names out there to the press. So to preserve the credibility of their future hire, and their own credibility, it probably makes sense to leak those documents as well so that there isn't the perception that ONLY Arnie has put forward a strategy for success.

But I would stop short of saying that if TU doesn't put them out there, they don't exist. I don't even know if there is a precedent for doing this through the media like that. That's something any search committee or process is loathe to do (not just at Tulane).
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TU23 wrote:Winwave, normally you and I are in agreement on just about everything, but I respectfully disagree here. These are supposed to be confidential. Arnie got angry and breached that confidentiality to get everyone riled up about the decision not to interview him. That shouldn't put other candidates in the position to make their plans public. Some of them might have included plans like coaching changes that shouldn't be made public. And frankly, for the ones who have good ideas who aren't hired by Tulane, they shouldn't have to make their plans public for when they do take over as AD at another school. This isn't just about Tulane...some of these people are going to interview at other schools and making their plans public puts them at a disadvantage.
How about the final choice of AD present their vision for success.
You can leave out the coaching search part.
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

TU23 wrote:Winwave, normally you and I are in agreement on just about everything, but I respectfully disagree here. These are supposed to be confidential. Arnie got angry and breached that confidentiality to get everyone riled up about the decision not to interview him. That shouldn't put other candidates in the position to make their plans public. Some of them might have included plans like coaching changes that shouldn't be made public. And frankly, for the ones who have good ideas who aren't hired by Tulane, they shouldn't have to make their plans public for when they do take over as AD at another school. This isn't just about Tulane...some of these people are going to interview at other schools and making their plans public puts them at a disadvantage.
A fair point. This was a real turd in the punch bowl from Arnie, as I said last night.

We are pretty unhappy with the taste of the punch for the past, oh, 50 years... so we're excited to see this happen. And Arnie obviously knew that. But it is incredibly unfair to the other candidates and the eventual AD. It isn't impossible for that AD hire to overcome. Burke could probably do a lot to win over fans in week one by: 1) talking about the importance of winning and accountability up and down the department; emphasizing that communicating with fans is a top priority; 3) saying flat out that whether it is the AAC being elevated or Tulane moving to a new conference, P5 is our primary goal; and 4) FIRING the FB and Volleyball coaching staffs.
TU23
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:
That should absolutely be fair game and should happen.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Mandeville Wave wrote:
Ditto! We have had enough!

plus 1 They screw this up and its over for giving a crap about Tulane, athletics or otherwise. Worse group of deceptive morons ever running a national university!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TU23 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That should absolutely be fair game and should happen.
+1,000,000
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

OUG wrote:

A fair point. This was a real turd in the punch bowl from Arnie, as I said last night.

We are pretty unhappy with the taste of the punch for the past, oh, 50 years... so we're excited to see this happen. And Arnie obviously knew that. But it is incredibly unfair to the other candidates and the eventual AD. It isn't impossible for that AD hire to overcome. Burke could probably do a lot to win over fans in week one by: 1) talking about the importance of winning and accountability up and down the department; emphasizing that communicating with fans is a top priority; 3) saying flat out that whether it is the AAC being elevated or Tulane moving to a new conference, P5 is our primary goal; and 4) FIRING the FB and Volleyball coaching staffs.

Talk is cheap and not very believable coming from anyone at Tulane. If she gets the job, she had better show Johnson the
door if she expects to get any support in her hire. Thats just one thing she needs to do to prove it ain't business as usual at Tulame.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I think you're missing the point. Do we expect Tulane to release plans of the other candidates? No. But now, whoever is hired HAS to express something pretty damn comparable when the time comes. This leak pretty much forces MORE scrutiny to be placed on Tulane and the board; much like building the stadium and it already being empty in the second year has done.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
JDTulane
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
I think you're missing the point. Do we expect Tulane to release plans of the other candidates? No. But now, whoever is hired HAS to express something pretty damn comparable when the time comes. This leak pretty much forces MORE scrutiny to be placed on Tulane and the board; much like building the stadium and it already being empty in the second year has done.
I agree with this take.
TU23
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
I'm not missing the point. I posted underneath that whoever is hired has to lay out their plan like this, but the original post was that everyone should have to give their take to the stakeholders before an AD was hired.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

They could release the plans after they had made their choice, but omit the names of who submitted it. Then the AD choice could give his/her version and that would be a good compromise. The fans could see how the AD choice stacked up with the other applicants and give shed alot of light onto the process, and confidentality could be maintained.