Temple score prediction thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

[/quote]] that could mean one of two things...

1) there is a lot more focused than we've seen in a decade
-or-
2) no one is mentally engaged

Lets hope its the latter.[/quote]

Really? I hope it's the former.

God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Tulane 7
Temple 42

I'm not buying the last two victories as evidence that this team has turned their season around.
I think U may be correct...Maine was Maine...and UCF if memory serves only had 9 seniors on the roster and was playing it's 4 & 5 unit QB's.... I think Temple's Defense / Special Teams scores twice.... and this could get ugly... I hope I am wrong
Nut, La. Tech is an 11 pt. favorite over UTSA @ San Antonio. :D
OUG
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Wow. JJ and OUG seem to love Tanner Lee, but I seem to have more faith in the kid winning games than they do!

Tanner&Tulane 31
Temple 27
Yeah. I have noticed that the Tanner Lee faithful don't seem to be confident in picking us to win.
Nobody said that he is going to carry us to victory in every game we play.

Just that he is the best QB on THIS roster.

Really, I think that at least 95% of Tulane fans would agree with that position. I don't see it as remotely controversial.
OUG
Riptide

So, I looked back at the prediction thread from last week.

While everyone is saying now that it was a win against a bad team, at the time of the prediction thread, many were predicting a loss, and several were predicting a blow out loss. 11 people predicted Tulane would win, and 8 people picked UCF. But what's shocking is the scores that the UCF pickers were predicting we would lose by -- and really nobody predicted the blowout (except for Swampnik). Only two people had TU by double digits. I'm not posting this to call anyone out; just to show that the misery around here sometimes leads to a negative bias in analyzing our own team objectively against others. Now this week is a totally different animal, but of course many were saying UCF would blow us out and Maine meant nothing.

Gwave4: UCF by 46
WaveClem: UCF by 34
Glofnut: UCF by 22
Sader: UCF by 21
RobertM: UCF by 17
Steve: UCF by 15
JerseyWave: UCF by 8
MBAwavefan: UCF by xxxx (unspecified)
WaveQB: Tulane by 1
DfromCT: Tulane by 2
TPS: Tulane by 3
GreenLantern: Tulane by 3
Showme: Tulane by 3
GreenGears: Tulane by 4
Wave755: Tulane by 6
AJCalhoun: Tulane by 5
wavefan03: Tulane by 7
OUG: Tulane by 11
Swampnik: Tulane by 14 (nailed it)

My pick for this week is still a loss: Temple 30-Tulane 24. But we'll be in it with a shot to win it late in the game.
waveclem
Surge

OUG wrote:So, I looked back at the prediction thread from last week.

While everyone is saying now that it was a win against a bad team, at the time of the prediction thread, many were predicting a loss, and several were predicting a blow out loss. 11 people predicted Tulane would win, and 8 people picked UCF. But what's shocking is the scores that the UCF pickers were predicting we would lose by -- and really nobody predicted the blowout (except for Swampnik). Only two people had TU by double digits. I'm not posting this to call anyone out; just to show that the misery around here sometimes leads to a negative bias in analyzing our own team objectively against others. Now this week is a totally different animal, but of course many were saying UCF would blow us out and Maine meant nothing.

Gwave4: UCF by 46
WaveClem: UCF by 34
Glofnut: UCF by 22
Sader: UCF by 21
RobertM: UCF by 17
Steve: UCF by 15
JerseyWave: UCF by 8
MBAwavefan: UCF by xxxx (unspecified)
WaveQB: Tulane by 1
DfromCT: Tulane by 2
TPS: Tulane by 3
GreenLantern: Tulane by 3
Showme: Tulane by 3
GreenGears: Tulane by 4
Wave755: Tulane by 6
AJCalhoun: Tulane by 5
wavefan03: Tulane by 7
OUG: Tulane by 11
Swampnik: Tulane by 14 (nailed it)

My pick for this week is still a loss: Temple 30-Tulane 24. But we'll be in it with a shot to win it late in the game.
Good post. I will happily eat crow for my prediction for last week. Although, I did predict a blow out loss last week and it turned out well. I will do the same for this week in hopes of the same outcome.

Temple 38
Tulane 10
breaker
Ripple

Cosby 23
Springer 13
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Temple 37
Tulane 13

Hope I'm wrong, but I think Temple is a bit better than average. I think we're well below average. Hope I'm wrong.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Eaglewave
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
COChip wrote:Temple 24 Tulane 3

CJ... has yet to beat a good team on the road
I disagree. The Houston win last year was solid.

Having said that, I think we lose this one.

Temple 24
Tulane 7

Houston sucked last year. That sh-t wasn't anything to have a second line about.
Ball Sumrall!
wave97
Swell

TulaneSportsGuy wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
TulaneSportsGuy wrote:We play well, keep the offense rolling from the last two games. There's been a new attitude at practice the last 3 weeks - like nothing I've ever seen at Tulane

Tulane-------28
Temple------27
I would so love to believe that. But that's the same thing the "insiders" have been saying every year since forever. Including this preseason, and we know how the first two games turned out.

Please prove me wrong.

Well, its been quieter at practice. Its odd, very different from what we ever saw with Toledo and different from anything we've seen with CJ. Less bullsh*t. BUT that could mean one of two things...

1) there is a lot more focused than we've seen in a decade
-or-
2) no one is mentally engaged

Lets hope its the latter.
WTF? Quiet is good...
It's going to be a beautiful day. There are some clear mis-matches that Tulane can isolate if Tanner keeps calm and let's himself react to what's happening right in front of him. There should be some big play potential for the Greenies.
Temple 28
Tulane 17
Last edited by wave97 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Temple 30, Wave 7.
Wave QB
Swell

OUG wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Wow. JJ and OUG seem to love Tanner Lee, but I seem to have more faith in the kid winning games than they do!

Tanner&Tulane 31
Temple 27
Yeah. I have noticed that the Tanner Lee faithful don't seem to be confident in picking us to win.

Really, I think that at least 95% of Tulane fans would agree with that position. I don't see it as remotely controversial.
I won't debate anymore, but I have been 100% correct about Tanner Lee so far. I wish the kid well.
sader24
Tsunami

28-17 Temple. Tanner Lee Is on pace for 21 TD 6 INT and 2500 yds as a Sophomore. That's better numbers than Shaun King had as a Junior. So I wouldn't say you've been totally correct about him.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:28-17 Temple. Tanner Lee Is on pace for 21 TD 6 INT and 2500 yds as a Sophomore. That's better numbers than Shaun King had as a Junior. So I wouldn't say you've been totally correct about him.
Clearly on historical pace to rank among Tulane's best QBs of all time, but some aren't sure he's more than FCS level. OK.
Wave QB
Swell

sader24 wrote:28-17 Temple. Tanner Lee Is on pace for 21 TD 6 INT and 2500 yds as a Sophomore. That's better numbers than Shaun King had as a Junior. So I wouldn't say you've been totally correct about him.
I have been 100% correct about Tanner Lee so far.

We shall see what the future holds. I don't wish anything by success to this kid, but I need to see W's and impressive performances before I even mention Lee in the same sentence as King. You obviously believe that he will be a Tulane great, so we shall see who is who and what is what.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

Temple 24
Tulane 7

Houston sucked last year. That sh-t wasn't anything to have a second line about.
Yeah? Houston sucked their way to an 8-5 record and a bowl win.
God Bless Everyone!
2ndGenWave
High Tide

19-9 Tulane

Lots of field goals. Tulane scores lone TD after a turnover inside Temple's 30.
OUG
Riptide

Wave QB wrote:
OUG wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

Tanner&Tulane 31
Temple 27

I won't debate anymore, but I have been 100% correct about Tanner Lee so far. I wish the kid well.
He's coming off a 4 TD 0 INT game. I think you may have some bias here because you're so entrenched in this argument.
OUG
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

Temple 24
Tulane 7

Exactly. That Houston win showed our potential. We were not a good team last year as a whole, or even an average one. But only a hater would say it wasn't a good win over a pretty good team overall. If we beat an ACC team in a bowl game we'd be pretty happy. Their only other AAC losses were at Cincinnati by 7 and to UCF by 5. We beat them by 7 at their place. Also, they're about to be nationally this year, so they clearly had some talent on that bowl team.

Generally the MO by some is that if Tulane beats a team, they must be garbage. Hopefully we see a lot of "who cares, it's TEMPLE!!!" tonight.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This guy predicting a Temple blowout.
http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2015/10/ ... 1429034816
Temple wins 45-13. I just don't see how Tulane keeps it close. The Green Wave isn't ready to win a game like this yet. I COULD be wrong and Tulane's defense COULD look as good as it did last week and Tanner Lee COULD complete 70 percent of his passes for 300 yards and five touchdowns and the Green Wave COULD put the rest of the AAC on notice, but yeah. The Owls in a rout.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Temple is not a strong 4-0 team. They're not stout defensively, so we should be able to score if we play like we're capable of. If you look at their record, their big win is against Penn State, which is a pretty average team at best this year. Cincinnati is good, but it was turnovers that won that game for the Owls. They were totally outplayed by Cincy. And even Charlotte moved the ball on them.

I'm going out on a limb here,

Tulane 23
Temple 21
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Eaglewave
Swell

OUG wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:

Temple 24
Tulane 7

Exactly. That Houston win showed our potential. We were not a good team last year as a whole, or even an average one. But only a hater would say it wasn't a good win over a pretty good team overall. If we beat an ACC team in a bowl game we'd be pretty happy. Their only other AAC losses were at Cincinnati by 7 and to UCF by 5. We beat them by 7 at their place. Also, they're about to be nationally this year, so they clearly had some talent on that bowl team.

Generally the MO by some is that if Tulane beats a team, they must be garbage. Hopefully we see a lot of "who cares, it's TEMPLE!!!" tonight.
I take that back, Houston wasn't garbage, but they played like sh_t against us. They weren't the Houston that we werew used to seeing. I watched UTSA beat them down.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

OUG wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
OUG wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

Tanner&Tulane 31
Temple 27

He's coming off a 4 TD 0 INT game. I think you may have some bias here because you're so entrenched in this argument.

I don't think he is being bias. The man was spot on when it came to Tanner's 2014 season and how he would play. That alone has made me respect his opinion. When you are right, you are right.

I switched my tune last spring from thinking that Montana should have won the job to Tanner Lee needing to be our starter. I still believe that Lee can be good for us. Right now, we all just need Tanner to go out there and put up points to shut up all of his critics.
Ball Sumrall!
jhg
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote:Temple is not a strong 4-0 team. They're not stout defensively, so we should be able to score if we play like we're capable of. If you look at their record, their big win is against Penn State, which is a pretty average team at best this year. Cincinnati is good, but it was turnovers that won that game for the Owls. They were totally outplayed by Cincy. And even Charlotte moved the ball on them.

Tulane 23
Temple 21
Our D is pretty good.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

jhg wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Temple is not a strong 4-0 team. They're not stout defensively, so we should be able to score if we play like we're capable of. If you look at their record, their big win is against Penn State, which is a pretty average team at best this year. Cincinnati is good, but it was turnovers that won that game for the Owls. They were totally outplayed by Cincy. And even Charlotte moved the ball on them.

Tulane 23
Temple 21
Our D is pretty good.
Your D is pretty good, but we make D's look better than they are, with all due respect.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I still don't think their D is pretty good. Charlotte ran all over them. Cincy had almost 600 yards of offense. In fact, I think coming into the game they were in the #70's nationally as far as defense. It was our own ineptitude that made them look like Top Ten material today.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson