Players missing time and out list

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
waveclem
Surge

Terren Encalade is more then likely done for the season with a hurt shoulder according to Guerry. Then, Rene Fleury is suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules. We have now have 5 scholarship recievers (4 if you don't count former walk on Larry Dace and 2 if you don't count the true freshman Preston and Hicks). CJ failed miserably with the wide receiver position. To have this few available bodies is a slip up on the staff for not recruiting any in 2013. Even if we had Leondre James and Darius Williams it would still be too few. I have no idea what the issue is with Fleury but this weekly suspension thing wreaks of something foul. Let's see how many players we lost from this years team already.

Darion Monroe 1 gm
Eric Bowie 1 gm
Trey Scott 1 gm
Rene Fleury indefinitely
Leonard Davis academics
Edward Williams academics
Kenneth Santa Marina academics
Braynon Edwards academics
Leondre James academics
Darius Williams NCAA clearing house issues
Darius Black NCAA clearing house issues
Doug Henry NCAA cleaing house issues
Anthony Taylor focused on track?
Richard Carthon focused on baseball
Terren Encalade out for season injury

Besides the 1 game suspensions I count 12 players that we no longer have on the team for this year. That means were playing with 73 guys week in and out. 10 better then FCS. Bad luck or self inflicted? This is a sinking ship and its looking a lot like the old Tulane if you ask me.

cajunfanatico
Swell

waveclem wrote:Terren Encalade is more then likely done for the season with a hurt shoulder according to Guerry. Then, Rene Fleury is suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules. We have now have 5 scholarship recievers (4 if you don't count former walk on Larry Dace and 2 if you don't count the true freshman Preston and Hicks). CJ failed miserably with the wide receiver position. To have this few available bodies is a slip up on the staff for not recruiting any in 2013. Even if we had Leondre James and Darius Williams it would still be too few. I have no idea what the issue is with Fleury but this weekly suspension thing wreaks of something foul. Let's see how many players we lost from this years team already.

Darion Monroe 1 gm
Eric Bowie 1 gm
Trey Scott 1 gm
Rene Fleury indefinitely
Leonard Davis academics
Edward Williams academics
Kenneth Santa Marina academics
Braynon Edwards academics
Leondre James academics
Darius Williams NCAA clearing house issues
Darius Black NCAA clearing house issues
Doug Henry NCAA cleaing house issues
Anthony Taylor focused on track?
Richard Carthon focused on baseball
Terren Encalade out for season injury

Besides the 1 game suspensions I count 12 players that we no longer have on the team for this year. That means were playing with 73 guys week in and out. 10 better then FCS. Bad luck or self inflicted? This is a sinking ship and its looking a lot like the old Tulane if you ask me.
Why recruit WR's when you've got an NFL-quality quarterback starting?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

Thanks for your U La La opinions. The Zips looked great under Bowden last weekend. The 15,000 in the Swamp three feet under sea level all left at halftime. Why?
gwave4
Trickle

I agree that 5 scholarship wide receivers under a former WR coach is absolutely absurd. To be fair, out of those 12 players, 1 of them is a regular starter (maybe Leonard Davis too). I think that Ed Williams and KSM can still practice with the team- the rest were unlikely to contribute this year. If CJ can find a way to utilize the tight ends and Badie/Rounds in the slot, it may create some opportunity for Veal and Breaux to create separation in one on one coverage.

Let's beat UCF on Saturday- they have nasty, arrogant fans.
Tulane '09
NYC/NOLA
nawlinspete
Riptide

gwave4 wrote:I agree that 5 scholarship wide receivers under a former WR coach is absolutely absurd. To be fair, out of those 12 players, 1 of them is a regular starter (maybe Leonard Davis too). I think that Ed Williams and KSM can still practice with the team- the rest were unlikely to contribute this year. If CJ can find a way to utilize the tight ends and Badie/Rounds in the slot, it may create some opportunity for Veal and Breaux to create separation in one on one coverage.

Let's not. We have a disgusting lame duck AD and terrible recruiting and coaching.

Allow the lame brains no wiggle room.

Only At Tulane
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
waveclem
Surge

gwave4 wrote:I agree that 5 scholarship wide receivers under a former WR coach is absolutely absurd. To be fair, out of those 12 players, 1 of them is a regular starter (maybe Leonard Davis too). I think that Ed Williams and KSM can still practice with the team- the rest were unlikely to contribute this year. If CJ can find a way to utilize the tight ends and Badie/Rounds in the slot, it may create some opportunity for Veal and Breaux to create separation in one on one coverage.

Ed Williams starts over Eric Thomas (you agreed with that). Leonard Davis definitely would have started over what we have back their now. Kenneth Santa Marina was the starter in spring and would have remained had he not got hurt. Leondre James would have started in a 4 receiver set (now with Encalade gone he would have been next up). Rene Fleury is a starter on special teams (very important thing to overlook). Darius Williams would have been counted on for contributions this year due to lack of bodies. Carthon (had 1 good season as a gunner on punt coverage) and Taylor were both late additions in their class. At the time of their signings both were considered a reach. Coaches offered them anyway.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Why recruit WR's when you've got an NFL-quality quarterback starting?
Say goodbye to Cajun Troll, he leaves us on Saturday after UL System Flagship La. Tech whips up on "lil" ULALA!!!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote: Why recruit WR's when you've got an NFL-quality quarterback starting?
Say goodbye to Cajun Troll, he leaves us on Saturday after UL System Flagship La. Tech whips up on "lil" ULALA!!!
Can anyone actually vouch for Wave755......that's to say, that he is indeed an adult and graduate of Tulane's law school? Anyone actually ever met him? He follows me around this site (and has at another as well) trolling me while calling me a troll. :lol: I just find it hard to believe he is what he claims, but as I said elsewhere, if he is, God help us all.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Can anyone actually vouch for Wave755......that's to say, that he is indeed an adult and graduate of Tulane's law school? Anyone actually ever met him? He follows me around this site (and has at another as well) trolling me while calling me a troll. :lol: I just find it hard to believe he is what he claims, but as I said elsewhere, if he is, God help us all.

On Saturday, "au revoir" Cajun Troll!!! :D
Forever TU
Surge

nawlinspete wrote:

Let's not. We have a disgusting lame duck AD and terrible recruiting and coaching.

Only At Tulane
Seriously? Wow. Way to be a true fan.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Forever TU wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Only At Tulane
Seriously? Wow. Way to be a true fan.
The ENDS JUSTIFY the means.

Only At Tulane

Roll Wave
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
sader24
Tsunami

Is it true that we have several players that have been ruled academically inelgible by CJ that are in fact considered elgible by both the NCAA and Tulane University? I was told this at the game and couldn't believe it.
waveclem
Surge

Both Ed Williams and Leonard Davis are both eligible but aren't "CJ eligible." Meaning they are not on track to graduate in 4 years. Don't they have 5 years to graduate? I think it's another case of Tulane trying to prove that they are the moral standard of athletics at the expense of our competiveness.
sader24
Tsunami

I was told the University considers them elgible and it's CJ that isn't letting them play.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:I was told the University considers them elgible and it's CJ that isn't letting them play.
I'd say it's unbelievable but it's perfectly believable.
Bham Wave
Ripple

Does anyone know why Zach Harris didn't dress out. He got a lot of playing time against Maine and is listed at #2 MLB but he was on the sideline but not in uniform for game this week.

I also liked seeing Edward Williams and Leonard Davis on sideline. They are not playing and could easily be sulking but both were into the game and fired up on sideline.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

As sad as it may sound. trying to do everything "right" is a recipe for losses and firings.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:As sad as it may sound. trying to do everything "right" is a recipe for losses and firings.
Only when you lack depth like at Tulane. That wouldn't hurt a school like LSU. Of course they suspend their players when playing McNeese and EM.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bham Wave wrote:Does anyone know why Zach Harris didn't dress out. He got a lot of playing time against Maine and is listed at #2 MLB but he was on the sideline but not in uniform for game this week.

I also liked seeing Edward Williams and Leonard Davis on sideline. They are not playing and could easily be sulking but both were into the game and fired up on sideline.
I would think it has to do w/his knee injury. He has had an issue w/swelling.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

sader24 wrote:I was told the University considers them elgible and it's CJ that isn't letting them play.
Perhaps CJ sat in their living rooms during recruiting and promised their parents that they would graduate.
waveclem
Surge

And like clockwork, Rickey Preston has been suspended for this week's game against Temple. We go into the game with a whopping 4 scholarship wide receivers. It's as if we're trying to fail. I want to know what team policy has a guy getting suspended every week. Maybe we can discipline them in a way that doesn't affect the team as a whole????!!!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Why can't we suspend our punter?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

waveclem wrote:And like clockwork, Rickey Preston has been suspended for this week's game against Temple. We go into the game with a whopping 4 scholarship wide receivers. It's as if we're trying to fail. I want to know what team policy has a guy getting suspended every week. Maybe we can discipline them in a way that doesn't affect the team as a whole????!!!
WOW !!!! Tulane will so be changing it's name to "Suspension State U "...complete with a motto or hashtag..."come play, part time"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !