Rich Stuff

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

On page 6 0f the Dickson retiring thread on the other site. I guess he told you JD.

This from noladave to JD:

"JD, you don't like it, quit posting here. Plain and simple.

I will not tolerate anyone telling me what to do on this board, do you understand?? If that doesn't get through to you, guess what, I can and will delete every post. Don't even think you have any power on this."

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

winwave wrote:On page 6 0f the Dickson retiring thread on the other site. I guess he told you JD.

I will not tolerate anyone telling me what to do on this board, do you understand?? If that doesn't get through to you, guess what, I can and will delete every post. Don't even think you have any power on this."
They circle the wagons when their friends are threatened.

That guy noladave has been in tight with the Wilson Center for years. He's basically a fan with a camera that finagled it into getting sideline access. I'm not hating on it, that's great for him -- but he obviously has gotten very used to the existing regime. This is what they do over there. On most days, the discussions are interesting reading, but at times like this you see them looking out for their friends in the Wilson Center as opposed to the fans posting there.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:On page 6 0f the Dickson retiring thread on the other site. I guess he told you JD.

That guy noladave has been in tight with the Wilson Center for years. He's basically a fan with a camera that finagled it into getting sideline access. I'm not hating on it, that's great for him -- but he obviously has gotten very used to the existing regime. This is what they do over there. On most days, the discussions are interesting reading, but at times like this you see them looking out for their friends in the Wilson Center as opposed to the fans posting there.
Doing that under the guise of "rules" that they think make Tulane out to be some kind of pious university that operates with morals and practices above other universities when are protecting their friends at the EXPENSE of the best interests of the university and community is f*cking b@tshit insane.

The above quote is a clear example of someone drunk on ill gotten power. What's truly insane is that this "power" was obtained by spending $7.99 on a domain name and hosting a website for $2.99/month. Steve can tell you the rest of it isn't too complicated. It's beyond my comprehension how these fools have come to believe that they should in their completely subjective decisions decide to "edit" or "ban" or in any way restrict Tulane fans from expressing their opinions. They act is if they represent the official view of the Tulane community when the truth is that 90% of those contributing have been edited or banned. So they are about as impartial as the North Korean government. They should be publicly shamed for the delusion that they are perpetuating and the damage they've done to the Tulane fan community.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:

And while I frequently disagree with JD, I know that he is as tried and true a Tulane fan as exists on earth today. I am happy to push back when I disagree but I would never suggest that he shouldn't or doesn't have a right to express his opinion.

Man reading that quote above again it gets more pathetic with time. This is another emperor has no clothes situation. Those abiding and enabling that forum to continue are part of the problem.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Holy moly I just went there to read the thread and it gets worse. Shame on those of you who continue to patronize that forum.

It could not be more clear that they prioritize Rick Dickson over Tulane Athletics. Disgusting.
sader24
Tsunami

Noladave and every other moron who thinks stifling open conversation on the future of Tulane Athletics can kiss my a##. They've been very integral in creating an atmosphere surrounding this program that accepts losing and holds nobody accountable. Between the losing and him and JTS running off dozens of the remaining fans through banning on a message board it's no wonder we have so few fans remaining and those that are are so disillusioned with the Athletic Department. I don't agree with JD on everything either, but I think it's pretty clear we need more like him and less like noladave. A man with a camera and an internet tough guy. Give me a break. Loser.
Show Me
Tsunami

Bully power. Those two should just quit posting over there. Nothing going to change. Dickson was a failure. His lack of attention for 15 years to the things that matter (winning) led to us becoming irrelevant with both the fans and media. Now you can't find Tulane even mentioned in the TP ( no beat writer), find them on a viable radio station or get more than a few thousand fans in a brand new $80 million stadium. Dickson should have retired when Toledo left. He should not have been allowed to hire another major sport coach.
JDTulane
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:

And while I frequently disagree with JD, I know that he is as tried and true a Tulane fan as exists on earth today. I am happy to push back when I disagree but I would never suggest that he shouldn't or doesn't have a right to express his opinion.

Man reading that quote above again it gets more pathetic with time. This is another emperor has no clothes situation. Those abiding and enabling that forum to continue are part of the problem.

<3 :)

For all the insults I hurled at you I adamantly support your right to be foolishly wrong! And sometimes you aren't and that always makes me sad...

But only through discourse and discordance can the truth be realized.
JDTulane
Riptide

But what's all this don't agree with JD crap? I'm ALWAYS right!
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Noladave makes me laugh. He boycotted games until SC was gone and he calls out JD for calling out RD. What a joke!!! Hide behind your message board with JTS mr Noladace both of you epitomize what's wrong with Tulane athletics.
Bigschtick
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:

JD is more of a real fan than some of the putz's over there, right GreenLantern! And NolaDave, is one of the biggest!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:
This.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Noladave and every other moron who thinks stifling open conversation on the future of Tulane Athletics can kiss my a##. They've been very integral in creating an atmosphere surrounding this program that accepts losing and holds nobody accountable. Between the losing and him and JTS running off dozens of the remaining fans through banning on a message board it's no wonder we have so few fans remaining and those that are are so disillusioned with the Athletic Department. I don't agree with JD on everything either, but I think it's pretty clear we need more like him and less like noladave. A man with a camera and an internet tough guy. Give me a break. Loser.
I'm pretty certain the number is more than dozens over the years. And if you understand the general laws of social media participation (1-9-90) that represents a huge percentage of public opinions that have been silenced. Without exaggeration, it's North Korea-level censorship.
GreenLantern
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:
Truth exists independently of our awareness of it. Unless of course you are posting on yogwf.com.
ajcalhoun
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote: And if you understand the general laws of social media participation (1-9-90) that represents a huge percentage of public opinions that have been silenced.
Please explain this or provide a link that can. I am not disagreeing with or challenging you; this is just a concept that I am unfamiliar with.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote: And if you understand the general laws of social media participation (1-9-90) that represents a huge percentage of public opinions that have been silenced.
Please explain this or provide a link that can. I am not disagreeing with or challenging you; this is just a concept that I am unfamiliar with.
http://www.nngroup.com/articles/partici ... nequality/
ajcalhoun
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Thanks! :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
TURVS71
Swell

Noladave, real name Dave Browning, and yes, I will call him out using his real name, is an idiot. His two bit contribution to Tulane Athletics is just that, worth about two bits. This guy just talks out of both sides of his mouth. In fact, he got mad at the athletic department some years back and they took away his picture taking privileges and he publically blasted them. In the grand scheme of things, it really is no big deal, but he does the exact same thing for which he "bans and deletes" posters from that forum. He insulted my son and my family by a post he made. This was many years ago and it is over and done. Unfortunately when someone insults your child, it's hard to let that go.(That being said, I would probably give him a nice "hello" if he ever spoke to me.)

So just consider the source........
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Interesting link, JJ! This part sounds like they're describing goTula.net

Signal-to-noise ratio. Discussion groups drown in flames and low-quality postings, making it hard to identify the gems. Many users stop reading comments because they don't have time to wade through the swamp of postings from people with little to say. :D :D :D
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
windywave
Low Tide

I find it amusing you guys started a thread to complain about a thread on YOGWF. You come off looking kind of lame

(And before any of you clowns start attacking me I called out NOLADAVE on thread so a preemptive STFU).
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

windywave wrote:I find it amusing you guys started a thread to complain about a thread on YOGWF. You come off looking kind of lame

(And before any of you clowns start attacking me I called out NOLADAVE on thread so a preemptive STFU).
Must. Not. Respond.
windywave
Low Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
windywave wrote:I find it amusing you guys started a thread to complain about a thread on YOGWF. You come off looking kind of lame

Must. Not. Respond.
Oh please sunshine don't hold back. I would love to hear the pathetic drivel that you would spout.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lame is the site that contributed mightily to the downfall of Tulane athletics. Lame are those that continue to contribute.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

windywave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Must. Not. Respond.
Oh please sunshine don't hold back. I would love to hear the pathetic drivel that you would spout.
There are so many ways to go I don't want to take the time, but you asked. For starters, it's a real problem when hundreds of Tulane athletics fans have been edited, deleted or banned from participating in discourse about Tulane athletics. I guess you haven't been deleted or banned, even though you were following "the rules", under the guise of their power trip, and it can be insulting to be on the receiving end of that. When you've been deleted, then publicly insulted, and then banned from responding, you have a right to be angry.

But again, the broader point, is that there aren't really any "rules" (as I saw you correctly noted in your response to such a threat), it's just a thinly veiled excuse to be able to white wash their BFF Rick Dickson's track record. It's just a few confused and power hungry fools who have done great damage to Tulane Athletics online community. And as I noted anyone who abides by such rules and participates in the forum where they are contained, is not only gullible but contributing to the continued limitation of badly needed discourse around Tulane athletics.
greenphantom
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:Noladave, real name Dave Browning, and yes, I will call him out using his real name, is an idiot. His two bit contribution to Tulane Athletics is just that, worth about two bits. This guy just talks out of both sides of his mouth. In fact, he got mad at the athletic department some years back and they took away his picture taking privileges and he publically blasted them. In the grand scheme of things, it really is no big deal, but he does the exact same thing for which he "bans and deletes" posters from that forum. He insulted my son and my family by a post he made. This was many years ago and it is over and done. Unfortunately when someone insults your child, it's hard to let that go.(That being said, I would probably give him a nice "hello" if he ever spoke to me.)

So just consider the source........
I would have taken his camera and shoved it right up his power hungry arse.