Rich Stuff

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I got banned for saying that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result was the definition of insanity. They only wanted to hear that ALL WAS WELL so I was banned. JTS banned people just like noladave and never allowed them back. They do still edit post and that's why tps is here. He had enough and stood his ground.
Exactly. I got banned during the last football coaching search for posting a thumbs down picture in a thread about a candidate that wasn't even interviewed for the job. I couldn't find my original post (apparently it was deleted) so when I reposted it I was banned immediately. I later was told I could come back "If I behaved" lol. I had well over 10,000 posts at the time and contributed a lot to the board. I never went back.

Interesting that you were banned for reposting posts you had deleted and you are now a censor.

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:

Interesting that you were banned for reposting posts you had deleted and you are now a censor.
No censor here. When one creates a new thread for every post it gets moved. All opinions are welcome just no spamming allowed.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

I haven't been on this board very long and don't post a lot. The YOGWF has gotten to a point you can't post anything negative and lord knows there is a great deal of things to feel negative about in the Tulane athletic world. I am so disgruntled with the overall Athletic Department that I rarely attend games (even baseball which I love and put in sweat and blood for over the last 20+yrs). I still follow the games on radio or TV but can't get motivated or enthused enough to go to them. I'll occasionally post on the other board after a game and usually get ripped by some of the sunshine pumpers for being negative; I had one tell me I'm no fan of Tulane. The more I look at it, I wonder why should I be if the leadership doesn't try to do things to build winning programs. I'm just glad TPS has a board where HONEST discussion of Tulane athletics is encouraged and welcomed.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:... I'm just glad TPS has a board where HONEST discussion of Tulane athletics is encouraged and welcomed.
Thanks Bearwave!
I wish I could claim the board but I'm only helping out when needed. We can all thank NOLABigSteve for the board.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

If it wasn't for this board they would've banned you awhile ago. I read everything on that board and most of us were banned for far less offensive posts than the majority of yours. They had to walk back their rules when this board started gaining popularity to compete. You should be here thanking this board instead of bashing it but you are too clueless to do so. The lack of accountability in the Athletic Dept is a direct result of that Board silencing opposition to how things were being screwed up. They provided cover for the AD by silencing all criticisms. It's no coincidence Toledo got the boot once this forum started bc valid criticism was finally heard publically and pressure was applied.
JDTulane
Riptide

I've been banned/unbanned 3 times now I think. I went from 4-5 posts a day to 4-5 posts a month.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:If it wasn't for this board they would've banned you awhile ago. I read everything on that board and most of us were banned for far less offensive posts than the majority of yours. They had to walk back their rules when this board started gaining popularity to compete. You should be here thanking this board instead of bashing it but you are too clueless to do so. The lack of accountability in the Athletic Dept is a direct result of that Board silencing opposition to how things were being screwed up. They provided cover for the AD by silencing all criticisms. It's no coincidence Toledo got the boot once this forum started bc valid criticism was finally heard publically and pressure was applied.
+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

I got banned during the Scelfo debacle of '06 and JtS offered to let me come back of if I apologized to him and asked forgiveness (paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it). It's personal with him. The "rules" exist so that he can shape the forum in his image, it's an extension of himself. How do we know this? He never posts on actual athletics stuff. He never talks about the games, the players, what happens on the field. His only posts ever are 1) promoting ridiculous propaganda on behalf of the administration about how hard it is to win at Tulane and how they can't be judged by wins and losses; and 2) admonishing others for embarrassing the athletic department. That's it. He never talks actual sports because he doesn't actually care about what happens on the field.
GreenGears
Low Tide

windywave wrote:
sader24 wrote:I'm not painting with a broad brush. I was on that board when it was sportsonly, the one that was run by Joe Parfait, and LSU-Tulane battleground, all of them from 97 or 98 on. They systematically banned and ran people off that didn't toe the party line, most times not for breaking any of the aforementioned rules but for just flat out not liking what people had to say. You don't know what you're talking about Windy, but at least on this board you are free to be wrong without being kicked off.
BUT WHY DO YOU CARE? SERIOUSLY WHY DO YOU GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT YOGWF IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH? THAT IS MY POINT.
Windywave, the reason everyone hates YOGWF is because the site masquerades as a forum in which Tulane fans are allowed to talk about Tulane sports. In reality YOGWF restricts the very idea that Tulane athletics has any possible issues and that all is well, bow before our mighty football team.

Here is the counterpoint to why we should bow before the all-mighty, righteous Tulane athletics department .
Tulane Football records since 2000.

2000 6-5
2001 3-9
2002 8-5
2003 5-7
2004 5-6
2005 2-9
2006 4-8
2007 4-8
2008 2-10
2009 3-9
2010 4-8
2011 2-11
2012 2-10
2013 7-6
2014 3-9
2015 well this is in progress so we shall see.

We have won at least six games three times since 2000. Six wins is a mediocre year for most universities, at other universities it is a disaster.

I just jotted these records down real quick so maybe it is not perfect. The reality is that Tulane is a top ranked, prestigious national university. There is little to no excuse for why Tulane is great at everything except athletics. I have met student athletes, many of them are wonderful Tulanians and I mean no disrespect to any of them or their accomplishments on the field.

The records for our sports teams are not what they should be for a university of Tulane's caliber. YOGWF refuses to even admit that we perform poorly in athletics and heavily censors anyone who does. That is the problem with that other board.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:Well if you're going to blame the board moderators over there for indirect silencing without direct censorship (they haven't censored posts in years) then you certainly can blame Jonathan Joseph for indirect silencing over here and on TWR. He does the same thing only much more Obnoxiously and much more regularly with the ridicule of posts that don't fit his Tulane is going down the tubes agenda.
Noladave's post was outrageous and numerous posters over there pointed it out and he hasn't been there since. And as I pointed out many times those who were banned from over there primarily been by him not by JTS (there are some exceptions, but JTS did allow everyone back).
Look how GreenWave is treated over here.
You've got to be pretty foolish to be unable to understand the difference between condescension and dissent vs mass censorship, but there ya go.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

windywave wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:Careful Windy. You are more similar to most of us, than the majority on that board. If NolaDave, Maddog, JTS and Roller have their way, you'll be without a home soon. Stick to the party line of we were fortunate to have RD, he saved us from D3 athletics, he was a great fundraiser, and he was instrumental in getting us into the AAC, blah, blah, blah, and you'll be fine there.
Yeah, that's what I do, I stick to the party line.
You are missing the forrest for the trees. Simply by participating there and lending any credence to "the rules" means that you are complicit and do stick to the party line. That's what it means to play by their BS "rules".
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

windywave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:Since the members of YOGWF cannot speak their mind someone has to speak up for the fanbase. Many folks in the admin and other relevant stakeholders follow these forums and need to know that the message on YOGWF is censored.......and it's not just about avoiding talking about firing coaches in season (which is an absurd rule BTW) or criticizing players (which I might be able to at least live with) but now we have talk of censoring criticism of the AD and I am sure those nutjobs have done other censorship outside their "rules". For instance. they banned me (one of the only young grad alumni from my class that follows TU and a person who donates, buys season tickets and even a dam brick) before I even posted because I called out those fools for taking months to approve new members including members of the baseball team.

You are way off on this one windy. Censoring the voice of the fan has done nothing but hurt TU athletics and someone needs to stand up to present the true feelings of the fans and not covering up the ineptitude of TU.

How noble of you to stand up for the oppressed. If only they lived in a free society and had access to a free internet and could find someplace where they could express their points.

You realize you are making my point for me, right? Why do you care what happens at YOGWF? You and everyone else with vitriol are coming off as petty jealous losers every time you knock them. That is my point. If you can't see that then I guess it proves my point about the students admitted pre-Cowen versus during his tenure.
You're not dumb, but you're being very obtuse. Why do you think dictatorships censor the media and the internet? It's the exact same reason Jts/GreenWave does it.

If you care about Tulane athletics, mass censorship of the fanbase is a problem. That's why people care. That you think there is any other "us vs them" going on is your own misunderstanding.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:I've been banned/unbanned 3 times now I think. I went from 4-5 posts a day to 4-5 posts a month.
So why go back? It's obviously not a forum for Tulane fans to express there opinions. Your voice is needed, and the idea that you should be banned/edited/deleted is further proof of the insanity.
JDTulane
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:I've been banned/unbanned 3 times now I think. I went from 4-5 posts a day to 4-5 posts a month.
So why go back? It's obviously not a forum for Tulane fans to express there opinions. Your voice is needed, and the idea that you should be banned/edited/deleted is further proof of the insanity.

I know of a handful of posters who exclusively post there that I like to talk to now and then. It's also a little fun to poke the bear with the stick as they say.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

I know of a handful of posters who exclusively post there that I like to talk to now and then. It's also a little fun to poke the bear with the stick as they say.
Just my opinion, if it wasn't for your involvement with GASP, you would have been outright banned a while ago.
DrBox
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
DrBox wrote:Well if you're going to blame the board moderators over there for indirect silencing without direct censorship (they haven't censored posts in years) then you certainly can blame Jonathan Joseph for indirect silencing over here and on TWR. He does the same thing only much more Obnoxiously and much more regularly with the ridicule of posts that don't fit his Tulane is going down the tubes agenda.
Noladave's post was outrageous and numerous posters over there pointed it out and he hasn't been there since. And as I pointed out many times those who were banned from over there primarily been by him not by JTS (there are some exceptions, but JTS did allow everyone back).
You've got to be pretty foolish to be unable to understand the difference between condescension and dissent vs mass censorship, but there ya go.
They aren't censoring posts over there.
But at least you recognize your condescension. You ran off a poster at TWR who only wanted to talk football.
Much easier to talk football there than here.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
But at least you recognize your condescension. You ran off a poster at TWR who only wanted to talk football.
Curious, how do you come up with that POV? They absolutely delete posts. They 100% are threatening censorship and the rules themselves suppress your ability to discuss any topic openly.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

But the existence of that forum is a net negative for Tulane Athletics. That forum exists to whitewash the record of those responsible for the sad state of Tulane Athletics. Your participation there contributes to the problem, and I know you would like to be a part of the solution.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
You post personal attacks towards me which are demonstrably untrue, then you try to suggest that the other forum doesn't censor? I'm not sure we're operating from the same reality.

I make no apologies for my posting style. If you can't stand the heat, best to get out of the kitchen. Tulane Athletics needs the unvarnished truth in the worst way and I hope to be able to contribute that.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Curious, how do you come up with that POV? They absolutely delete posts. They 100% are threatening censorship and the rules themselves suppress your ability to discuss any topic openly.
FWIW I joined that site shortly after I joined this one, I've said whatever I wanted never had a single post deleted.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This was posted by baywave on th other site:

Baywave1
Post subject: Re: Men's basketball previewPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:29 pm

President's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:
One more thought: you might wish to get your season tickets now. Otherwise you'll be fighting the bandwagoners including the students in January if the team does in fact take off.

( Here wave-em-in responded w/a laughing gif and then baywave posted below)

Let me guess you're a season ticket holder already so you're not worried about getting tickets? If not, maybe this is more appropriate for the other board which specializes in being really loud about how Tulane underachieves while having really short arms at the same time to fix things? Just asking.

My response to baywave:

I'm a long time season ticket holder for football, basketball and baseball and have given tens of thousands to the program. There are many others here who are die hard fans who have done the same. You're nothing but another in a long list of chickenshit cowards on that site. You and many there read this site just like people here read that site. The difference is you and your cowardly friends like to take shots at us knowing they can't be answered there. Well they will be answered here going forward. There's no jts or noladave to protect you here. So go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Chickenshit Coward might be the most accurate way to describe the bad posters over there. There are some solid posters over there, and I even agree with many of Windywave's posts over there (even though he's been a complete jackass over here). Here's the thing to remember for both boards. We have an actual opportunity to change how this Athletic Department is run for the 1st time in 15+ years. Now we can either be good little boys and politely accept whatever they shove down our throats this time and "have faith in the process" and "dont start complaining before they pick someone." Or we can make it abundantly clear before they pick someone that we will not tolerate the status quo and that we are all extremely dissatisfied with the Athletic Department. The problem with being polite and being positive when dealing with Tulane and waiting till after the make a selection is that, "THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY AT THE UNIVERSITY AND WE'LL BE STUCK WITH THAT SELECTION FOR 2 DECADES". For 70 years Tulane fans have been waiting idly by hoping the University makes the right decisions with the Athletic Department and then when it doesn't we are sentenced to decades of misery. Now is the time to rabble rouse, complain, beat the drum, and be on their ass more than we ever have. If we don't do this we'll be right back in the same boat 24 months from now whining about how terrible the Athletic Department is. How long is YOGWF going to have the University stick it up their asses in regards to Athletics and continue to trust them and wait and see?? Are ya'll really not sick of this sh*t? What have they really done to be positive about?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See my threads about Burke and Sidwell. This site is doing what good fans everywhere do to light a fire under the administrations staff. Sadly we have too any who are more concerned w/ being an insider and getting patted on the head like a good lapdog.
Wavetime
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:On page 6 0f the Dickson retiring thread on the other site. I guess he told you JD.

This from noladave to JD:

"JD, you don't like it, quit posting here. Plain and simple.

I will not tolerate anyone telling me what to do on this board, do you understand?? If that doesn't get through to you, guess what, I can and will delete every post. Don't even think you have any power on this."
They circle the wagons when their friends are threatened.

That guy noladave has been in tight with the Wilson Center for years. He's basically a fan with a camera that finagled it into getting sideline access. I'm not hating on it, that's great for him -- but he obviously has gotten very used to the existing regime. This is what they do over there. On most days, the discussions are interesting reading, but at times like this you see them looking out for their friends in the Wilson Center as opposed to the fans posting there.
Doing that under the guise of "rules" that they think make Tulane out to be some kind of pious university that operates with morals and practices above other universities when are protecting their friends at the EXPENSE of the best interests of the university and community is f*cking b@tshit insane.

The above quote is a clear example of someone drunk on ill gotten power. What's truly insane is that this "power" was obtained by spending $7.99 on a domain name and hosting a website for $2.99/month. Steve can tell you the rest of it isn't too complicated. It's beyond my comprehension how these fools have come to believe that they should in their completely subjective decisions decide to "edit" or "ban" or in any way restrict Tulane fans from expressing their opinions. They act is if they represent the official view of the Tulane community when the truth is that 90% of those contributing have been edited or banned. So they are about as impartial as the North Korean government. They should be publicly shamed for the delusion that they are perpetuating and the damage they've done to the Tulane fan community.

That's just it JJ. They do exactly what the hell they want. That's why this is the only true site where fans can express what' they feel is best (free site). Tell me where Gotula.net has been wrong? Yoggies wanted to keep Scelfo. We wanted Toledo gone, they resisted. We wanted Cowen gone, they resisted. We wanted RD gone they resisted. They didn't resist because of what was best for Tulane but because of what was best for their self interest.
JDTulane
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
JDTulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Just my opinion, if it wasn't for your involvement with GASP, you would have been outright banned a while ago.

You are correct good sir. :D I cling to that every time I throw the shade at JTS.