Line now moves to Wave 1pt. > UCF - The Spread Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Tulane v. UCF Opens “pick 'em,” let’s see where this line moves for the week, if at all? (UCF-Tulane nos.143-144 for Vegas spread sheet).

Admittedly, a very tough game to call? :?:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

GreenLantern
Riptide

In the last three meetings, the combined scores are UCF 130 - Tulane 27. The fact that it is opening as "pick 'em" is progress.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

We're at home vs an 0-4 team with a Massey rating of 107 and it's a pick 'em. I prefer to define progress differently.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pick'em...wow...UCF has sunk to the level of Tulane.... gawd, what a disgrace for O'Leary, almost as bad as Resume' Gate
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote: We're at home vs an 0-4 team with a Massey rating of 107 and it's a pick 'em. I prefer to define progress differently.
Is George O'Leary getting his resume up-to-date? Tell him to not put any lies in it this time!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

Sagarin by RPI ranks UCF 105, Tulane 132. By Sagarin's ratings formula winless UCF is still a 3.25 pt. favorite over home Tulane. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

But there are only 128 FBS teams. How could this be? :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:But there are only 128 FBS teams. How could this be? :roll:
Simple actually, Sagarin ranks many FCS teams ahead of us, & yes, even Buddy T's Dartmouth.

See below:

123 Harvard
124 Kansas
125 South Dakota
126 McNeese State
127 Army
128 Portland State
129 Florida Atlantic
130 Dartmouth
132 Samford
132 Tulane

Sad, to say the least! :cens_green:
waveclem
Surge

If anyone wants a pretty safe bet this weekend look at Marshall as a 20 point favorite over Old Dominion at home. Marshall is 3-1 and Old Dominion is coming off a 49-0 ass whooping at home to mighty Appalachian St. I would take Marshall with the points all day. In fact, I did.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
Simple actually, Sagarin ranks many FCS teams ahead of us, & yes, even Buddy T's Dartmouth.

See below:

123 Harvard
124 Kansas
125 South Dakota
126 McNeese State
127 Army
128 Portland State
129 Florida Atlantic
130 Dartmouth
132 Samford
132 Tulane

You missed the :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

See below:

123 Harvard
124 Kansas
125 South Dakota
126 McNeese State
127 Army
128 Portland State
129 Florida Atlantic
130 Dartmouth
132 Samford
132 Tulane

You missed the :roll:
OK, you were being facetious! And, it is still sad Sagarin ranks us below Harvard, McNeese State & Dartmouth. :shakingno:
nawlinspete
Riptide

The 1-2 Green Wave is a three point dog to a winless UCF team that has lost to two FCS teams. And we're the home team.

Great job Curtis. Your recruiting stinks; your coaching stinks; your coaching stinks; you're fired.

Only At Tulane
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

This is a dumb thing to be upset about
nawlinspete
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote:This is a dumb thing to be upset about
Not upset that we'll lose.

Upset that our Law School Dean President thinks that The Law Of Diminishing Returns is a good thing and that he fully embraces said Law for Tulane Athletics.

Only At Tulane
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:

Upset that our Law School Dean President thinks that The Law Of Diminishing Returns is a good thing and that he fully embraces said Law for Tulane Athletics.

Only At Tulane
nawlinspete wrote:The 1-2 Green Wave is a three point dog to a winless UCF team that has lost to two FCS teams. And we're the home team.

Great job Curtis. Your recruiting stinks; your coaching stinks; your coaching stinks; you're fired.

Only At Tulane
I don't get it. Unless we had defeated Duke and/or Georgia Tech, we were going to be an underdog in this game regardless. Remember that betting lines are based on perception/popularity and not based on vegas' prediction on what will happen. UCF is a much higher profile program, and that is why it is the favorite. Hell, Louisville, when it started 0-3, would have been a favorite against us just because it is a higher profile program. The same applies to other multiple loss higher profile programs - most sporadic bettors back the higher profile program and vegas knows that.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Only At Tulane
nawlinspete wrote:The 1-2 Green Wave is a three point dog to a winless UCF team that has lost to two FCS teams. And we're the home team.

Only At Tulane
I don't get it. Unless we had defeated Duke and/or Georgia Tech, we were going to be an underdog in this game regardless. Remember that betting lines are based on perception/popularity and not based on vegas' prediction on what will happen. UCF is a much higher profile program, and that is why it is the favorite. Hell, Louisville, when it started 0-3, would have been a favorite against us just because it is a higher profile program. The same applies to other multiple loss higher profile programs - most sporadic bettors back the higher profile program and vegas knows that.
As I understand the odds, all Vegas is trying to do is to balance the betting. The more people who want to bet for UCF, the more points Tulane will get to encourage bets for the Wave.

BTW, UCF lost to FCS Furman, but I don't think they've lost to another FCS program, at least not this year.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Again. The cricism is directed at allowing Dickson and Johnson and the Cowens to all be here on September 30, 2015.

They are all beyond effective or worthy of support. All need to be dragged across the street NOW.

Only At Tulane
Aberzombie1892
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Only At Tulane

Only At Tulane
As I understand the odds, all Vegas is trying to do is to balance the betting. The more people who want to bet for UCF, the more points Tulane will get to encourage bets for the Wave.

BTW, UCF lost to FCS Furman, but I don't think they've lost to another FCS program, at least not this year.
We aren't disagreeing about Vegas. Balancing the line to get even bets factors in popularity - most sporadic bettors would pick UCF over Tulane just because of UCF being a higher profile program, and, as such, Vegas factors that into the line. However, smart money would bet on Tulane.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread moves to UCF 3pts. > Tulane, and right in line with Sagarin's ratings formula for winless UCF still a 3.25 pt. favorite over home Tulane. (UCF-Tulane nos.143-144 for Vegas spread sheet).

Jonathan
Riptide

I predicted three wins this year for CJ. I am moving it to four. I think that we can defeat UCF as they are bad,very bad. He needs to be fired at the end of the season by our new AD
CJ is not a college head coach.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread now moves to UCF 2pts. > Wave, so 3pts. drew some $$$ on our boys, tough game to call. :D :) ;)

Forever TU
Surge

We are now favored by 2
RobertM320
Green Wave

Forever TU wrote:We are now favored by 2
:o
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think I'd take the under 44. Don't see either team with that much offense.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Green Wave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:Again. The cricism is directed at allowing Dickson and Johnson and the Cowens to all be here on September 30, 2015.

They are all beyond effective or worthy of support. All need to be dragged across the street NOW.

Only At Tulane
Oh well that deadline has come and gone. How about November 1st?
ROLL WAVE!