Potential AD candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

LSU-MD wrote:New plane to watch. A private jet was just chartered to pick up somebody @ KNEW (Lakefront) this afternoon. The plane is owned by a company out of Chicago. Destination after NOLA, not yet known but the plane from yesterday still has its N-number blocked.
Flight PWA450 from Lafayette to Lakefront is continuing on to Atlanta. Maybe its Hudspeth on the way to interview for the Georgia job? LOL

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Mandeville Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:What would be your reaction if it were Burke/Lionel Washington?
I sure hope this is not the case. If do than Tulane is even more dysfunctional than I could have ever imagined.
If true everyone must have turned us down. Nobody is buying what Tulane is selling.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm going to lunch. Can't sit here and wait all day.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

from collegead.com

TULANE UNIVERSITY
Sources have informed College AD that an announcement naming the next Tulane Athletic Director could happen as early as today. If it is today, sources have confirmed to College AD that Baylor Deputy Athletic Director Todd Patulski is currently in Waco at the Baylor athletic offices. Patulski and Tulane Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief Operating Officer Barbara Burke are considered to be finalists for the position. But College AD has also heard some late “wildcard” names. College AD is working diligently to confirm or eliminate those “wildcard” candidates. We will update the situation as soon as more information becomes available.
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
2ndGenWave
High Tide

Hearing rumors that Georgia St. AD Charlie Cobb is the dark horse candidate. Was Appalachian St. AD from 2005-2014.
wave97
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:What would be your reaction if it were Burke/Lionel Washington?
I wouldn't give them another penny and just "sit out" Tulane athletics hoping I was wrong about their decision. For me such a decision would simply mean "more of the same" and I have taken all I can stand.
I'm getting mixed signals as the day goes on.
I'm hoping for the best.
And, having given up this season 65 to GT, 49 to Temple, 42 to UH, 41 to Memphis & 49 to SMU I really don't get all of this LW stuff?
GT curb stomped our D when we played with only two interior d-lineman & that's on Lionel. He corrected that mistake against Navy and Army.
Most other loss margins had far more to do with the comical special teams play & the 90+ snaps that our offense placed directly on the back of our defense. SMU was a game that I can't explain - nobody showed up for that one.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

LSU Law Greenie wrote:from collegead.com

TULANE UNIVERSITY
Sources have informed College AD that an announcement naming the next Tulane Athletic Director could happen as early as today. If it is today, sources have confirmed to College AD that Baylor Deputy Athletic Director Todd Patulski is currently in Waco at the Baylor athletic offices. Patulski and Tulane Deputy Director of Athletics/Chief Operating Officer Barbara Burke are considered to be finalists for the position. But College AD has also heard some late “wildcard” names. College AD is working diligently to confirm or eliminate those “wildcard” candidates. We will update the situation as soon as more information becomes available.
Jesus! Patulski was offered and turned us down. Explains delay
DrBox
Riptide

2ndGenWave wrote:Hearing rumors that Georgia St. AD Charlie Cobb is the dark horse candidate. Was Appalachian St. AD from 2005-2014.
Lord, that would be awful.
Just what we need. Sunbelt ADs.

Give me Burke!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Mandeville Wave wrote:

TULANE UNIVERSITY
That's sure what it looks like. Fair bet that Patulski used this process to get a nice raise.

And in line with everything Tulane Athletics over the past decade.
alumniwave
Low Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:

TULANE UNIVERSITY
That's sure what it looks like. Fair bet that Patulski used this process to get a nice raise.

Said this over a week ago.

Hearing UNI AD is wildcard.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

alumniwave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:

TULANE UNIVERSITY

Troy Dannen is TU's new AD. Northern Iowa AD
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Patulski was offered and turned us down.
I'm hearing White passed on us as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

If accurate, this is a good hire!

No. Iowa has had, perennially, an excellent FCS football program and an excellent D-1 Basketball program.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Patulski was offered and turned us down.
This is the worst news in all of this. Once again confirming that Cowen has degraded Tulane to a point where quality candidates, for any athletic position, have no interest in climbing into the cesspool that Cowen has created here. We're probably lucky to have gotten Dannen as our AD.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wavetime
Swell

I guess it's true that Baylor threw the farm at Patulski to keep him. I'm glad Tulane went after White and Patulski. I'm also glad we didn't go after Burke. We needed a clean break from Cowen. I'm more at ease with this decision knowing that we did try and hit for the fences a bit.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wavetime wrote:
I guess it's true that Baylor threw the farm at Patulski to keep him. I'm glad Tulane went after White and Patulski. I'm also glad we didn't go after Burke. We needed a clean break from Cowen. I'm more at ease with this decision knowing that we did try and hit for the fences a bit.
I doubt it took the farm to out bid us.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I received a text message from Todd... I think it came down to two factors... His family loves living in Waco and Baylor gave him a pretty big bump in salary... here is the message he sent me:
Woody...thank you for your note. I am flattered to have been considered for the AD job at such a prestigious university as Tulane. However, I will not be the guy they introduce. Very good people were involved and I truly believe, with the plans I was shown, Tulane has made a commitment to succeed.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

alumniwave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:

TULANE UNIVERSITY

You were correct, and I believed you at the time.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:I received a text message from Todd... I think it came down to two factors... His family loves living in Waco and Baylor gave him a pretty big bump in salary... here is the message he sent me:
Woody...thank you for your note. I am flattered to have been considered for the AD job at such a prestigious university as Tulane. However, I will not be the guy they introduce. Very good people were involved and I truly believe, with the plans I was shown, Tulane has made a commitment to succeed.
Well I'll be....
LSU-MD
Low Tide

I doubt it took the farm to out bid us.
Baylor doesn't have a farm. So they had to throw the church at him.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote:
This is the worst news in all of this. Once again confirming that Cowen has degraded Tulane to a point where quality candidates, for any athletic position, have no interest in climbing into the cesspool that Cowen has created here. We're probably lucky to have gotten Dannen as our AD.
Correct. Just like our coaching searches, all our top candidates turn us down.

Now that being said, I'm pretty intrigued by Dannen so far.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:I received a text message from Todd... I think it came down to two factors... His family loves living in Waco and Baylor gave him a pretty big bump in salary... here is the message he sent me:
Good stuff thanks for posting!
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:I received a text message from Todd... I think it came down to two factors... His family loves living in Waco and Baylor gave him a pretty big bump in salary...
So in other words, he'll be featured on an episode of Fixer Upper in the not so distant future. :lol:
Show Me
Tsunami

Time to get the ball in motion
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane doesn't care. We're trying half-assed measures while our competition is all in. Nowhere else can AD's and coaches with these kinds of track records continue to be employed. It's gotten worse, not better, under Fitts.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V