Maine Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Tulane 13
Maine 28

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Eaglewave
Swell

Maine 10
Tulane 7

(We miss a 31 yard field goal to bring it to OT.)
Ball Sumrall!
Show Me
Tsunami

Maine 7
Tulane 27
Last edited by Show Me on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC Wave
Swell

Maine 17
Tulane 13
Forever TU
Surge

Tulane 21 (one pick six on D)
Maine 6
2ndGenWave
High Tide

Tulane-20
Maine-13
TXWave88
Surge

This is the game we do ok on offense and ok on defense and then the admin and coaching staff beat their chest like we are a good team. Our potential will show against a team that does not play in our division but we cant score many points. Big whoopty doo! This is my guess because that is what will keep us on the crap train making the admins think we are still on track this season and with this regime.... Its laughable but true and very sad for us fans here.

Tulane 24 bc we decide to run the ball with our best rbs and not the 5th string giving badie more than 2 touches.... Lee still throws for around 50% completion percentage.

Maine 20 bc they have to play down south and will be worn out by kickoff due to humidity
nawlinspete
Riptide

Just lose baby. Tx, you explained why. The administration must have no wiggle rtoom to rationalize.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave QB
Swell

I can't believe I am worried about Maine. I know folks don't pay much attention to FCS football, but Maine has a very aggressive defense. They play like crazy men on defense. They beat UMass in 2013 by 10 and lost to Northwestern by 14. The Bears trailed BC by 7 going into the 4th quarter last weekend.

Maine 6
Tulane 20
Last edited by Wave QB on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sader24
Tsunami

Tulane 28 Maine 20. If we lose this game someone major has to be fired on Monday. I like many others will not be in attendance and will not give 1 thought to this game on Saturday. I'll be tuned into the LSU-Auburn game. Welcome to Tulane football.
GreenGears
Low Tide

I always want Tulane to win. However will losing get us back to winning faster?
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenGears wrote:I always want Tulane to win. However will losing get us back to winning faster?
There is no hope of success with the current ship of fools.

A clean sweep is required.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Just lose baby..
You been pulling against Tulane since day one. No difference here.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Just lose baby..
You been pulling against Tulane since day one. No difference here.
Wrong, but we must lose. Read TxWave's post again please.
If it makes you feel better even TPS stopped feeding us the party line a couple of weeks ago, The current regime must all be forced out and anything short of TOTAL FUTILITY has failed. No wins for Dick/John.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane 16
Maine 10
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Tulane 28 Maine 20. If we lose this game someone major has to be fired on Monday. I like many others will not be in attendance and will not give 1 thought to this game on Saturday. I'll be tuned into the LSU-Auburn game. Welcome to Tulane football.
I'm with Pete. This is why I hope we lose this weekend. At that point, it would be bluntly obvious to everyone that someone major should be held accountable and it inevitably won't happen. Dickson prioritizing employing himself and his buddies over the success of the program needs to be laid out bare for the world to see, because the smoke and mirrors is just enough to throw most or all alumni off the scent.

It will get worse before it get's better, so here's to hoping this weekend we finally reach rock bottom.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
sader24 wrote:Tulane 28 Maine 20. If we lose this game someone major has to be fired on Monday. I like many others will not be in attendance and will not give 1 thought to this game on Saturday. I'll be tuned into the LSU-Auburn game. Welcome to Tulane football.
I'm with Pete. This is why I hope we lose this weekend. At that point, it would be bluntly obvious to everyone that someone major should be held accountable and it inevitably won't happen. Dickson prioritizing employing himself and his buddies over the success of the program needs to be laid out bare for the world to see, because the smoke and mirrors is just enough to throw most or all alumni off the scent.

It will get worse before it get's better, so here's to hoping this weekend we finally reach rock bottom.
I extremely disappointed and upset but I think going 10-2 would be better at this stage then 0-12.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

I think it is a little disingenuous when some of you state that you wish for Tulane to lose the remaining games yet you would cry out for blood if you thought that the players had quit on the coaches during a game.
msdos
Swell

Tulane 10
Maine 0
sader24
Tsunami

I don't hope Tulane loses this weekend and while I have no hope that we will turn it around this year sure I would love to see us in a bowl game. A loss here is probably what this program needs. There needs to be a complete overhaul of athletic operations in regards to football. In the South a failure of Football is a failure of the Athletic Department. I just talked to someone who was a former Tulane fan and still attends some basketball games. He said point blank, you know the coaching is horrible when they can't fix Special Teams. It's the easiest thing to correct with coaching.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this team quit on CJ after last season, you can tell by the conditioning and self discipline, or lack thereof

Maine 27.... Tulane 10
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

Maine 31
Tulane 20

Maine gets a pick six and score touchdown off a Tulane special teams blunder.

500 Students show up in first half
50 remain after halftime
swampnik
Surge

Greenies: 24
Blackies: 10
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:I don't hope Tulane loses this weekend and while I have no hope that we will turn it around this year sure I would love to see us in a bowl game. A loss here is probably what this program needs. There needs to be a complete overhaul of athletic operations in regards to football. In the South a failure of Football is a failure of the Athletic Department. I just talked to someone who was a former Tulane fan and still attends some basketball games. He said point blank, you know the coaching is horrible when they can't fix Special Teams. It's the easiest thing to correct with coaching.
A loss is not "probably" needed. A loss is needed.

You are correct Sader; a complete overhaul of athletic department and operations is mandated.

Dickson needs to be fired no later than the day after we lose to Maine to allow us time to fully vet potential HC candidates once the new AD is hired.

No wiggle room. 0-12.

Only At Tulane
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:I think it is a little disingenuous when some of you state that you wish for Tulane to lose the remaining games yet you would cry out for blood if you thought that the players had quit on the coaches during a game.
Well I hope you aren't directing that at me. I feel sorry for the kids and I actually feel sorry for Curtis Johnson, but at least he's going to end up with a good amount of cash from this debacle.

There's no way this situation gets better before it gets worse. Figure out what that means in any context.