GT Game Day thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

How can anyone watch this shit!

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

dpm wave wrote:Tulane MUST clean house. This has to lie on Dickson's feet with blood on his hands.

No way this is just the fault of the OC and Timmaayyy Teams coordinator.
Dickson is untouchable. Pitchforks have been the only option for many, many years.
sader24
Tsunami

They have to fire CJ on Monday. I'm not overreacting and being emotional. This program under his leadership is done. It has to be done. If I was Presidenr I'd clean house athletically and in football from the top down. The team doesn't respect him and has quit on him.
Wavetime
Swell

I don't want GT to score 70 because of the players giving their all. But if it means cleaning house then so be it.

This is worse than Toledo, Teevens and Davis combined!!!!!!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Quitters!!!!!

Fire Rick Dickson!!

Everyone that cares about Tulane should be writing, emailing, calling President Fitts and Members of the Tulane Board to get this mess cleaned up!!!
TURVS71
Swell

How long does the Tulane Adminstration expect fan/donor support to be there with the obvious coaching blunders? The lack of direction and organization is so obvious that this university is embarrassing itself with this team . Curtis Johnson has NO head coaching ability nor organizational skills. You CAN'T expect the remaining fans to keep putting up with this. From the top on down, house cleaning is MANDATORY! Dickson and Tulane, you are an EMBARASSMENT to the game of football!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wavetime
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
dpm wave wrote:Tulane MUST clean house. This has to lie on Dickson's feet with blood on his hands.

No way this is just the fault of the OC and Timmaayyy Teams coordinator.
Dickson is untouchable. Pitchforks have been the only option for many, many years.

Let's get some pitchforks
JerseyWave
Riptide

Yulman Stadium, Rick Dickson's creation and legacy, will be empty next week vs Maine and the rest of the season. The $75 million elephant in the room is stuck on Tulane's campus.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Complete house cleaning is warranted.
I've never seen a young team regress like this in my life.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

Pulling the QB in the 3rd qtr. no respect. We don't deserve any.
Wavetime
Swell

"Bringing in guys who aren't even on the depth chart". Says Graf. How sad is that in the 3rd QTR.
greenphantom
Swell

Worst team in FBS. I will be shocked if we have 3,000 fans next week
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We will lose to Navy by an equally ugly score, and by a little less to Army. Frankly, I could see us winless, as every team on our schedule is better coached than we are. Maybe we beat Maine. Maybe.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

We need names and contact information of the key members of the Tulane Board of Trustees responsible for intercollegiate athletics!
Jaxwave
Swell

I honestly think we have better talent than our play reflects. Hire the right guy we can have success next year. Find a hot shot FCS offensive guru and let's go. We sure set up Toledo and CJ for retirement. Bad coaches with a bad administration spell disaster. They did have the one credential we were looking for in a coach, they would take the job. CJ worst I've ever seen at Tulane.
dpm wave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:We need names and contact information of the key members of the Tulane Board of Trustees responsible for intercollegiate athletics!
To contact the board, write or call:
Cyndy M. English,
Tulane Board Office
317B Gibson Hall
Tulane University
New Orleans, LA 70118
tel 504-865-5738
fax 504-865-5865
[email protected]
JerseyWave
Riptide

Who is Cyndy English? What's her title? is she on the board or is she an administrative assistant?
Wavetime
Swell

There we go....51-7
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:Who is Cyndy English? What's her title? is she on the board or is she an administrative assistant?
Gawd help us if she is related to Wally English ... Time to take it across the street.....again...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

If the rest of the season is similar to this CJ has to show some respect as a man and resign. Coaching football to him looks like the subject is algebra and he hasn't mastered addition and subtraction. He has no knowledge of how to do this job. His resume said that and Dickson ignored it. Like me being asked to get Apollo 13 home.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:I honestly think we have better talent than our play reflects. Hire the right guy we can have success next year. Find a hot shot FCS offensive guru and let's go. We sure set up Toledo and CJ for retirement. Bad coaches with a bad administration spell disaster. They did have the one credential we were looking for in a coach, they would take the job. CJ worst I've ever seen at Tulane.
The talent is actually as advertised. It's just the coaching is preventing any player from looking good and the strength and conditioning is a joke.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

May be time to Pickett and/or protest at the coaches show this Wednesday. WE cannot continue to accept this!!
Dave breslin
Swell

Fitts has been found and asked about how to solve the problem. He said "what problem". The football problem. "We have a football team?" Actually,he may be correct. We don't have one.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:If the rest of the season is similar to this CJ has to show some respect as a man and resign. Coaching football to him looks like the subject is algebra and he hasn't mastered addition and subtraction. He has no knowledge of how to do this job. His resume said that and Dickson ignored it. Like me being asked to get Apollo 13 home.
Exactly! I posted at the time of CJ's introductory press conference that it was an embarrassment. CJ had the deer in the headlights look. It was just a Saints pep rally in the Wilson Center. All we knew is that we were getting a recruiter as a Head Coach and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire recruiting. Tulane still gets mostly the leftovers on signing day with a couple of diamonds in the rough. Without a doubt, Tulane has the worst coaching staff in the AAC!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:Fitts has been found and asked about how to solve the problem. He said "what problem". The football problem. "We have a football team?" Actually,he may be correct. We don't have one.
Fitts is an Ivy Leaguer. He has no clue about major college football in the South. We need members of the Board of Trustees to Act!!!!