Tulane suspends senior SS Darion Monroe, freshman LB Eric Bowie for Georgia Tech game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
sader24
Tsunami

When your 4 year starter and defensive captain gets suspended you know it's getting ugly. What in the hell is going on in this program. Seems like its complete chaos. Monroe is CJ's biggest recruit and the guy he parades around all the time. If he has bailed on the regime this is going to be a long season.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:When your 4 year starter and defensive captain gets suspended you know it's getting ugly. What in the hell is going on in this program. Seems like its complete chaos. Monroe is CJ's biggest recruit and the guy he parades around all the time. If he has bailed on the regime this is going to be a long season.
Another sign that things could unravel.

I feel sorry for Monroe.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

Well, our best win last year was without Monroe for most of the game. Let's see if we can get a win without him this year.
wave97
Swell

Put Teamer out there at SS. We'll need some sand out there.
Last edited by wave97 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Thanks. I got called away and didn't know I'd messed it up. :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

sader24 wrote:When your 4 year starter and defensive captain gets suspended you know it's getting ugly. What in the hell is going on in this program. Seems like its complete chaos. Monroe is CJ's biggest recruit and the guy he parades around all the time. If he has bailed on the regime this is going to be a long season.
Its going to be a long season with him. I feel real bad for the whole team!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Do not allow Dickson/Johnson to use this down the road to recuse themselves for the disaster they have authored and fostered.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RATSHIT
Ripple

Monroe had to do something really bad. I bet he said something about the coaches or the other players. I thought he was very close to the coaching staff?
This is really strange.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Many here have been BEGGING Johnson TO GROW A PAIR. Apparently he has listened. You cannot now complain.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Robert1969
Riptide

This is proof of my theory that no Tulane fan ever goes to hell when we pass. God has pre-punished us.
sader24
Tsunami

You don't grow a pair by suspending your Senior safety. You grow a pair by having the type of discipline in place that you don't have to worry about suspending your safety b/c he doesn't do anything to get suspended. This is not a sign of growing a pair, this is a sign of chaos.
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:You don't grow a pair by suspending your Senior safety. You grow a pair by having the type of discipline in place that you don't have to worry about suspending your safety b/c he doesn't do anything to get suspended. This is not a sign of growing a pair, this is a sign of chaos.
Most likely. But you still cannot have it both ways.

Undoubtedly Johnson will plead "I saw the light" when he is fired and point to these suspensions as a sign that he deserves yet another chance. Not.
wave97
Swell

sader24 wrote:You don't grow a pair by suspending your Senior safety. You grow a pair by having the type of discipline in place that you don't have to worry about suspending your safety b/c he doesn't do anything to get suspended. This is not a sign of growing a pair, this is a sign of chaos.
I agree completely, this is way too late for it to be perceived as anything than what I fear it is; complete disrespect from a cornerstone player.
nawlinspete
Riptide

wave97 wrote:
I agree completely, this is way too late for it to be perceived as anything than what I fear it is; complete disrespect from a cornerstone player.
Agree completely. Dick/John must not be allowed to reframe these suspensions as cause for their redemption.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Must have happened in Atlanta. Monroe tweeted a picture from the College Football Hall of Fame. He is on the road trip. He's smiling next to Coach LW.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Talk about reactionary, we have no idea what happened. Could be a big deal, could be nothing serious. Might be a long season regardless but this doesn't indicate he's bailed on the regime of that there's complete chaos.
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Another double post. Sorry, y'all, I don't know what's up with my computer tonight. (I'm sober, I swear!)
God Bless Everyone!
swampnik
Surge

If only CJ could have "suspended" judgement on this decision till the Maine game. (sigh)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:If only CJ could have "suspended" judgement on this decision till the Maine game. (sigh)

Hell, Tulane could have Ronnie Lott in his prime on the field and Ga Tech would still put up 50...sit Monroe now, a game that Tulane has zero chance to win and then have him back for some games (4) that you might be able to win
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

I don't think it's reactionary when a guy who has never missed a start and is paraded around by CJ all over town as one of the 2 LEADERS on this team gets suspended for violating team rules in the week following a loss in which everyone in the building thought the coaches were in way over their head.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Weed or curfew, imo. Team captain suspended in game two, something is rotten.

I would really like to see more evidence on the average number of academicaly ineligible players per team.
Jonathan
Riptide

If it was not serious team captain would not be suspended for the game today. Give Tech now another seven points for this blowout. Fire Dickson and CJ. If Tommy Boy and Coach Rod were there he would not have did what he did. DISCIPLINE!