Rise Up

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
msdos
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: that the Tulane Athletic Department is making a CONSCIOUS effort to keep from being successful in athletics?
oh come on. They probably spent a good bit of money on the (IMO, very stupid) Rise Up campaign and they just want to make sure that's all that's out there. Also, I don't know what the rules are on using other universities' logos, so that might also factor into it.

RobertM320
Green Wave

msdos wrote:
RobertM320 wrote: that the Tulane Athletic Department is making a CONSCIOUS effort to keep from being successful in athletics?
oh come on. They probably spent a good bit of money on the (IMO, very stupid) Rise Up campaign and they just want to make sure that's all that's out there. Also, I don't know what the rules are on using other universities' logos, so that might also factor into it.
Wait a minute. You mean they're worried about using other teams logos, but they're so incompetent they don't realize they used an NFL team's slogan?? Oh come on, yourself. 1) Tulane Athletics doesn't spend a good bit of money on ANYTHING. 2) IF they in fact did, then its further proof the department is incompetent and its time for Dickson to step down. We have students in the Business School that could do a better job of creating a campaign without stealing someone else's thunder. Heck, Cowen likes to brag about our academics? Then make use of it, dammit.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

BTW, just posted that bar schedule on the Tulane University Facebook page, along with my own comments.

https://www.facebook.com/TulaneU?sk=wall&filter=12

It's time for US to "RISE UP" against mediocrity.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:BTW, just posted that bar schedule on the Tulane University Facebook page, along with my own comments.

https://www.facebook.com/TulaneU?sk=wall&filter=12

It's time for US to "RISE UP" against mediocrity.
Thanks for posting that on their page.

RobertM320: I know, I need to come into the store too at some point. We're planning a wedding in 6 months so no big boy toys for me. I'll have to leave my wallet at home when I come.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe we can trade for services rendered. We'll talk later.

Also, I really need to dig out and scan all my old Tulane photos from when I was shooting for M.L.Lagarde and the Hullabaloo. I've got mostly B&W football, basketball, and baseball (1978-86), a few color shots (Roch Hontas era), and even some road football. Stopped doing anything once the kids came along in the mid-80's, other than in 1996 when we went to the NIT Final Four. I do have some photos from that season.
sader24
Tsunami

What is wrong with these people? Can someone please give me this idiot's email. Why doesn't Kearney Gay get off his sorry a$$ and go distribute his Atlanta Falcons schedules to each bar and restaurant in the city like the beer companies are doing for LSU and the Saints. Everything we have going wrong with this sorry a## program and they are worried about this B.S. He's probably too busy painting bathroom toilets green in the Superdome to do whatever his job is supposed to be. TPS do you still have an extra? Also, I don't wanna put the bar I own on here yet, b/c a guy who owns a bar downtown offered me a good bit more than its probably worth and I've been in discussions about selling it. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to do it so I didn't want to tell ya'll to come by only to find out I've sold the place. Should be making a decision in the next week or so, if I decide not to sell it I'll PM those that asked. Might have a party over there if any Tulane away games are on TV.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Thanks for the info sader. Just let us know. Would definitely come by if we could get an away game on the tv's.
Roll Wave!
Bigschtick
Riptide

[email protected]

Everyone always complains about how little attention local busineses give to Tulane athletics so alongs comes this company that prints up a complementary 100 copies of a far more imaginative poster but then big old Tulanesports marketing comes along and threatens so they pull the poster. There is nothing about that poster from Dumag which in my opinion impinges on the Tulane"s "Rise Up" Campaign which itself is a ripoff slogan and a stupid one at that. If Tulane actually paid this outfit to come up with this little ditty, then they are all bigger halfwits than I gave them credit for and by the way, when was the last time anyone has seen this department do anything creative or aggressive in promoting Tulane athletics? It don't happen yet I see people on all the forums that are always coming up with good ideas how Tulane could improve PR and they are free!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

On that Tulane Facebook page, top left corner, there is a great Tulane banner with the pelican on it. Anyone know where I can purchase??
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: TPS do you still have an extra?
Yes, I have one for you. I'm on the fence coming out today, weather permitting. If not for sure next week.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

How about the info about the banner, if anyone knows.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:How about the info about the banner, if anyone knows.
I have Dave (Campus Connection) looking into it for you.
Roll Wave!
TURVS71
Swell

I have the Tulane/Pelican Banner flying in front of my home right now. Came with football ticket renewal last year.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
RWR
Swell

Hey ya'll while I agree w/the sentiment it's game week. Let's focus and get some chatter about the team. I've tried all week to post relevant info. and no response. Time to get w/it. LET'S GO CAGE SOME LIONS!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
sader24 wrote: TPS do you still have an extra?
Yes, I have one for you. I'm on the fence coming out today, weather permitting. If not for sure next week.
Sader I dropped it off around 7pm tonight, sorry I missed you, the bartender had said you had already left.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Rise Up! But if it continues more than four hours, seek medical attention or in the alternative, married men should seek out their girlfriend(s).