Guerry Smith puts OC Eric Price on the hot seat.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Guerry Smith puts into print what we've been saying all along.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... factors-in

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Guerry Smith puts into print what we've been saying all along.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... factors-in
Hell... I wish for the good ole day's.... Frank Scelfo !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Guerry is a great journalist, and any of you interested in practice info and insights and aren't subscribed to the Wave Report are missing out.
Wave755
Tsunami

Lindy Infante made Larry Smith, RichRod made Tommy Bowden, CJ has tied his destiny to the Price Family, this year will tell the tale.
Profoundwizard
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:Guerry is a great journalist
That's certainly a unique opinion.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Price’s offenses have finished outside the top 100 nationally in yards for all three years of his Tulane tenure, ranking 109th in 2012, 115th in 2013 and 107th in 2014. The Wave has not placed higher than 90th in scoring, bottoming out at 121st out of 125 Football Bowl Subdivision teams last season with a 16.0 average.

His two-year stint as Memphis offensive coordinator before arriving at Tulane provided more of the same: The Tigers were 117th in total offense in 2010 and 116th in 2011.
What's that definition of insanity?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

I love our Tulane fan base asked by a loyal U La La fan the definition of insanity!
Jonathan
Riptide

The Prices need to be fired with CJ for hiring them and not firing both. The three need to go.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Price’s offenses have finished outside the top 100 nationally in yards for all three years of his Tulane tenure, ranking 109th in 2012, 115th in 2013 and 107th in 2014. The Wave has not placed higher than 90th in scoring, bottoming out at 121st out of 125 Football Bowl Subdivision teams last season with a 16.0 average.

His two-year stint as Memphis offensive coordinator before arriving at Tulane provided more of the same: The Tigers were 117th in total offense in 2010 and 116th in 2011.
What's that definition of insanity?
Back to "Those Other Louisiana Schools," Cajun Troll! :P
Wave QB
Swell

Believe it our not, we have some very technical passing plays in our playbook that can really ruin a college defense. However, we make so many horrible decisions and act like we don't know when to run or pass. Price really needs to unleash this season. If this offensive can score at least 21 points per game, we could have a great season. Our defense will make some things happen.

We do have some nice stuff in our playbook.

phpBB [video]
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:Believe it our not, we have some very technical passing plays in our playbook that can really ruin a college defense. However, we make so many horrible decisions and act like we don't know when to run or pass. Price really needs to unleash this season. If this offensive can score at least 21 points per game, we could have a great season. Our defense will make some things happen.

We do have some nice stuff in our playbook.

phpBB [video]
Just watching that shows you how much we missed Xavier Rush last season. Also 3 NFL guys on offense. Griffin, Grant, and Darkwa
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Guerry is a great journalist
That's certainly a unique opinion.
I'll rephrase. Guerry is not yet ready to win a Pulitzer, but he's easily one of the very best journalists that has covered Tulane Athletics in the last 20 years.

Did Tammy ever ask about years of subpar results? Outside of Guerry and Scott Kushner, what journo has asked a tough question?

Meanwhile, tose who subscribe to the Wave Report know about 2x of what's going on at practice than non subscribers. Just an FYI.
Dave breslin
Swell

If I was a journalist,my article would say"it's time to poop or get off the pot". That would be the whole article.
Jonathan
Riptide

CJ should have fired the Prices two years ago. I will not believe them until I see any turn around in the first two season games. What I want to see is a new dynamic Tanner Lee with a great passing game with no interceptions, a stellar offensive line opening mega holes for our great running backs and lastly creative play calling with a wide mix of plays. I need to see all three to believe it.
Eaglewave
Swell

Jonathan wrote:CJ should have fired the Prices two years ago. I will not believe them until I see any turn around in the first two season games. What I want to see is a new dynamic Tanner Lee with a great passing game with no interceptions, a stellar offensive line opening mega holes for our great running backs and lastly creative play calling with a wide mix of plays. I need to see all three to believe it.
Me too. I like Tanner Lee, but he played exactly like Wave QB warned he would play in his first season of staring. He didn't handle pressure well and tossed the ball up for grabs several times. His inexperience as a QB starting High School QB showed. Now, he must forget about last season and shine.
Ball Sumrall!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Being better than Tammy is a very low bar though I'll agree that he is. I'd say Kushner is way better than Guery.
I don't doubt that he does a nice job of reporting what he sees at practice but we have guys on here that can do that.
Wavetime
Swell

I understand that everyone has a different level of income and passion for Tulane Athletics. That being said, I have subscribed to our Rivals site for many years. I do so because we have a void in coverage for our team. We all know when a Saints or LSU player gets a parking ticket, but we never get any news on our team. Yeah, Scott and Guerry may not be winning an award anytime soon, but they are diligent and do the best they can.

FWIW