Duke Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Since our game is next Thursday, I would say that we are now in Game Week mode. So give your predictions for the game vs. Duke.

Tulane 24
Duke 21

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
sader24
Tsunami

Duke 34 Tulane 21
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm drinking the green Kool-Aid.
Tulane 19
Duke 13
Two missed extra points. Wave runs over the Devils led by Badie. Defense plays great. Special teams give up a TD. Lee tosses a TD.
Wave plays turnover free.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

Duke will get a late score to win by 3; 24-21. Wave offense will be better than last year but special teams will hurt once again.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

Tulane Wins 21 to 17
tgibson
Low Tide

Tulane wins 28-21 in OT
OUG
Riptide

Tulane 28 Duke 24.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Duke 24 Tulane 10
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
swampnik
Surge

Greenies: 21
Blue Meanies: 14
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
ajcalhoun
Swell

CN Hide & Seek Team wrote:Tulane Wins 21 to 17
This.
God Bless Everyone!
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

ajcalhoun wrote:
CN Hide & Seek Team wrote:Tulane Wins 21 to 17
This.
and i may be high on the score total.

this should be a low scoring afair thursday night.
batonverde
Ripple

Tulane - 37
Duke - 20
Duke will not be able to stop our run game allowing our play action to lead to big plays. Their new lb's are converted safeties, decent coverage with zero run support. I believe Tanner and freshman receivers/TE's have learned from a year of miscues. Duke scores 0 pts off of our turnovers. Let's be honest, Duke is not even close to the same offense as last year. New QB, new receivers, 2 new OT's, and their strongest asset before fall camp was rb's. They had to shift a 3rd string QB to rb because of injuries. Our D will confuse the rookie qb into a couple of picks and our D line and Lb's will contain their running game. Tulane wins the line of scrimmage on both sides.
I also believe we have a kicker that will consistently be good inside of 40 yards and one that can make it from 55.
ROLL WAVE! SHOCK THE WORLD!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think the game will be closer than many think, but CJ shows, once again, he is not HC material and makes some questionable decsions and Tulane loses one it should have won... The learning curve / internship needs to end for CJ...these are his players and his schemes ( gawd help us) time for him to take full responsibility. I think the talent level has been raised, but the overall coaching, except for defense, has not. I predicted 4 wins and I stand by that post while praying I am wrong !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

batonverde wrote:Tulane - 37
Duke - 20
Duke will not be able to stop our run game allowing our play action to lead to big plays. Their new lb's are converted safeties, decent coverage with zero run support. I believe Tanner and freshman receivers/TE's have learned from a year of miscues. Duke scores 0 pts off of our turnovers. Let's be honest, Duke is not even close to the same offense as last year. New QB, new receivers, 2 new OT's, and their strongest asset before fall camp was rb's. They had to shift a 3rd string QB to rb because of injuries. Our D will confuse the rookie qb into a couple of picks and our D line and Lb's will contain their running game. Tulane wins the line of scrimmage on both sides.
I also believe we have a kicker that will consistently be good inside of 40 yards and one that can make it from 55.
ROLL WAVE! SHOCK THE WORLD!!
BarKeep .. I will have what he is having...Hell, make mine a double, because that has to be some real good kool aide !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

The defense keeps Duke's new quarterback off-balance. The running game sets up our passing game and Lee no longer looks like a freshman. In a real turn of events, ST accounts for two field goals.

Tulane shocks everyone and wins 27-10.

And then I awoke.
Wave755
Tsunami

:2thumbs: Wave 21, Blue Devils 17.
JDTulane
Riptide

We sure as hell won't score any field goals.

Tulane 28 Duke 24 with a 4th quarter interception to put us up.
breaker
Ripple

I will preface this saying that while I am a Tulane fan who regularly attends games I am a Duke alum and that is where my heart is.

Aside from special teams I think the two teams are fairly even talent-wise. Tulane has an opportunity to run the ball against a depleted Duke front 7, but Duke has one of the nation's top secondaries with a lot of experience and big play guys, led by all-ACC safeties Devon Edwards and Jeremy Cash. Duke will suffer from the loss of 3 year starter at QB and top 2 receivers, but returns 3 very good running backs. The heir apparent at QB, Thomas Sirk, has not set the world on fire in Spring ball or in camp. 3 of 5 OL starters return, though one of the losses was an NFL 1st rounder. Offense versus defense, it should be a stalemate, except for the Price's playcalling and the challenge of an interception prone quarterback facing a ball-hawking secondary.

Where this game will get ugly (again) is on special teams. Duke returns Groza semi-finalist Ross Martin at kicker and Guy semi-finalist Will Monday at punter, and KOR Devon Edwards is an All-American returner who has 3 TD's and a 28 yd avg for his career. Duke coverage units are always solid, and face little pressure with Martin consistently kicking in end zone and Monday gets good hang time and is a good directional punter. While there may not be any SportsCenter-worthy special teams disasters this year, it is still a mismatch of epic proportions.

I (albeit with a Duke bias) predict a 30-10 Duke Win, with each offense getting one touchdown, Duke going 3-3 on field goals and Tulane going 1-3, and Duke getting both a return TD and a pick six. Until the last two years Duke hasn't been favored that often under Cutcliffe, but I cannot remember Duke losing as more than a 3 point favorite under his tenure.

Looking forward to a fun night of tailgating and football.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

breaker wrote:I will preface this saying that while I am a Tulane fan who regularly attends games I am a Duke alum and that is where my heart is.

Aside from special teams I think the two teams are fairly even talent-wise. Tulane has an opportunity to run the ball against a depleted Duke front 7, but Duke has one of the nation's top secondaries with a lot of experience and big play guys, led by all-ACC safeties Devon Edwards and Jeremy Cash. Duke will suffer from the loss of 3 year starter at QB and top 2 receivers, but returns 3 very good running backs. The heir apparent at QB, Thomas Sirk, has not set the world on fire in Spring ball or in camp. 3 of 5 OL starters return, though one of the losses was an NFL 1st rounder. Offense versus defense, it should be a stalemate, except for the Price's playcalling and the challenge of an interception prone quarterback facing a ball-hawking secondary.

Where this game will get ugly (again) is on special teams. Duke returns Groza semi-finalist Ross Martin at kicker and Guy semi-finalist Will Monday at punter, and KOR Devon Edwards is an All-American returner who has 3 TD's and a 28 yd avg for his career. Duke coverage units are always solid, and face little pressure with Martin consistently kicking in end zone and Monday gets good hang time and is a good directional punter. While there may not be any SportsCenter-worthy special teams disasters this year, it is still a mismatch of epic proportions.

I (albeit with a Duke bias) predict a 30-10 Duke Win, with each offense getting one touchdown, Duke going 3-3 on field goals and Tulane going 1-3, and Duke getting both a return TD and a pick six. Until the last two years Duke hasn't been favored that often under Cutcliffe, but I cannot remember Duke losing as more than a 3 point favorite under his tenure.

Looking forward to a fun night of tailgating and football.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... -torn-acl/
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

Heart

Wave 21
Devils 17

Head

Devils 24
Wave 14
Wave QB
Swell

Duke 35
Tulane 17
Dave breslin
Swell

TU 24 Duke 21. That would be Priceless. With Price-TU 3 Duke 24
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote:TU 24 Duke 21. That would be Priceless. With Price-TU 3 Duke 24
:lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

Duke 27-17.
sader24
Tsunami

To be honest I haven't seen anything in our last couple meetings with Duke to suggest we are in their ballpark right now. I hope I am wrong an am pleasantly surprised, but at this point I can't give Tulane credit that we don't deserve. To beat a team with more talent, you really need to be more organized, disciplined, coached, schemed, etc than them. Nothing in the last 3 years leads me to believe we'll see a well conditioned, disciplined, organized football team Thursday. From Day 1 this has been a sloppy program with more hype than substance. Anyone predicting a victory in this game is hoping that our defense is better than it really is, there will be no major special teams miscues, and that the offense will come alive from hibernation. I don't see it, but I will be in attendance with 3 friends so I hope I'm wrong.