Duke 37 - Tulane 7 Final

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 am

All we gotta do is stop the run folks. their Oline and WRs are a negative. They'll start an inexperienced QB.


winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12088
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 pm

If we are going to do anything noteworthy this season it starts w/a win here in a very winnable game.
Find A Way!
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:18 pm

This line apparently opened higher and the money came in on the Wave to move it. We return with a DL and LB group who should be even better. I just dont see Marley and LaFrance getting worse, so Duke has to run away from them.
51WaveBG
High Tide
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Duke will be well coached. LW will put a good defense on the field. Will the offense show up and amaze us all by putting some points on the board? Will our offensive coordinator and CJ show some spark of intelligent game management skills? I wonder?
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17734
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:52 pm

winwave wrote:If we are going to do anything noteworthy this season it starts w/a win here in a very winnable game.
+1
I believe the team that is best prepared will win this game. Our talent and experience level is there for a win at home vs Duke if we come in prepared enough.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 pm

It's a winnable game for sure. No excuses on offense for this game. We have the RBs and Oline . Its all about whether Tanner can keep drives alive and not wear out our defense.

Im glad we get Duke at home this year and not last. Ga Tech the next week is looking even tougher of a game than last year.

oh, and Im very glad to be talking football game matchups finally. Been too long. I can smell the tailgate grills' smoke already.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Duke will win this game by 10. Tulane three or four wins for season at most as per all the expert pundits. If true fire CJ and Dickson after the season ends. Please no salary increase and contract extension as usual Rick for CJ. You already have him over a million dollars per year for three wins. Sick.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 am

Jonathan,

Who would you hire as AD and coach?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7699
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:22 am

so not to start a different thread, I will attach this preseason SB Nation preview here
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... i-navy-ucf
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Eaglewave
Swell
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:58 pm

I haven't seen anything in this coaching staff to make me believe in this team this season. I think Duke is going to beat us decisively. I sure hope I am wrong.


I refuse to set myself up for disappointment. I wish we were opening up the season with Nicholls or Northwestern State so I could have confidence in a week 1 win.
" Lee looked good today, Montana looked good, Powell did some good things, Jordy looked great! Having all of these QB's who can all make plays is a great problem to have!" ( Former Head Coach Curtis Johnson)
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:49 am

I've looked at our 2015 at least a hundred times. The only loss I etch in stone is at Georgia Tech. I'm not saying we'll beat Duke but I'm not conceding defeat either. l think we will win at least 8 games this season whether we beat Duke or not.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7699
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:01 am

ajcalhoun wrote:I've looked at our 2015 at least a hundred times. The only loss I etch in stone is at Georgia Tech. I'm not saying we'll beat Duke but I'm not conceding defeat either. l think we will win at least 8 games this season whether we beat Duke or not.
"Bartender, I will have what he is having, that must be one hell of a concoction !!!....Please bring several dozen asprin as a chaser."
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Eaglewave
Swell
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:36 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:52 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:I've looked at our 2015 at least a hundred times. The only loss I etch in stone is at Georgia Tech. I'm not saying we'll beat Duke but I'm not conceding defeat either. l think we will win at least 8 games this season whether we beat Duke or not.
"Bartender, I will have what he is having, that must be one hell of a concoction !!!....Please bring several dozen asprin as a chaser."

Make that two.
" Lee looked good today, Montana looked good, Powell did some good things, Jordy looked great! Having all of these QB's who can all make plays is a great problem to have!" ( Former Head Coach Curtis Johnson)
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Duke 9 & ½ pts. > Wave (nos. 143-144 for Vegas sheet) http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:44 pm

I like us @ +9.5. I think we can win straight up but I'd never bet it.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6108
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 pm

If we eliminated all the special teams gaffes and a couple of int's, last year's game would have been pretty damned competitive. HUGE "if" there, though.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Actually the line opened at Duke 13 & 1/2 pts. > Wave & promptly plunged to 9 & 1/2 pts., too many people wanted the Wave and 13 & 1/2 pts. Vegas thinks this should be a competitive game. :)
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6108
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Wave755 wrote:Actually the line opened at Duke 13 & 1/2 pts. > Wave & promptly plunged to 9 & 1/2 pts., too many people wanted the Wave and 13 & 1/2 pts. Vegas thinks this should be a competitive game. :)
Or at least the bettors that bet the game down 4 points do. If it settles in here, there's money coming in for Duke -9.5 Pretty nice split if you already bet Wave + 13.5. You pay the vig (at worst) for the opportunity to win both bets.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1623
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 am

It's great to see that they expect a competitive game. I am really concerned about our special teams, linebackers, Tanner Lee and the WR corps. (In that order).

I don't think people understand how important it is to have a good kicker. After Santos saving the 2013 season, you would think Tulane fans and coaches would understand this. There is no such thing in hoping the offense puts enough points on the scoreboard to avoid the kicker winning games.

Our linebackers need to look like they are a college unit. I love Marley and believe that he is a monster, but he is just not big enough to lead a defense. I am very disappointed in Edward Williams because that kid can play and should have been ready for a breakout season. That kid was highly recruited for a reason. Although I am disappointed in him, I think the CJ is picking the wrong time to send a message to players.


The Tanner Lee talk is over. The kid much perform this season or sit on the bench. This is his third year on the team and it's showtime.

The WR's corps needs weapons! You can win a battle with 1 gun.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Wave QB wrote:It's great to see that they expect a competitive game. I am really concerned about our special teams, linebackers, Tanner Lee and the WR corps. (In that order).

I don't think people understand how important it is to have a good kicker. After Santos saving the 2013 season, you would think Tulane fans and coaches would understand this. There is no such thing in hoping the offense puts enough points on the scoreboard to avoid the kicker winning games.

Our linebackers need to look like they are a college unit. I love Marley and believe that he is a monster, but he is just not big enough to lead a defense. I am very disappointed in Edward Williams because that kid can play and should have been ready for a breakout season. That kid was highly recruited for a reason. Although I am disappointed in him, I think the CJ is picking the wrong time to send a message to players.


The Tanner Lee talk is over. The kid much perform this season or sit on the bench. This is his third year on the team and it's showtime.

The WR's corps needs weapons! You can win a battle with 1 gun.
Lot easier to recruit good kickers playing in a Domed stadium, but still no excuse for not having one if that proves true for this season.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Duke loses starting CB Bryon Fields to torn ACL:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... -torn-acl/

Tough break for the young man. Hoping for a full recovery.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12088
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Depth Chart:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tul ... 830aaa.pdf

Maybe this thread can now be renamed the Duke Game thread?
Find A Way!
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 pm

-7.5 now . Somebody is liking the greenies
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Spread moves to 7 & 1/2 pts., 6 pt. swing since opening @ Duke 13 & 1/2 pts. > Wave (Duke v. Tulane nos. 143-144 for sheet) http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/. :D
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 pm

winwave wrote:If we are going to do anything noteworthy this season it starts w/a win here in a very winnable game.
Agree.
Post Reply