Duke 37 - Tulane 7 Final

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OUG
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote:And you guys wonder why I beg for easier schedules. Our administration isn't serious about a legitimate top FBS football program. Those of you who don't agree with my easy schedule theory, last year's pre season hype should have answered your questions. If we hadn't gone 7-6 in 2013, there is no way we would have experienced that Georgia Tech pre game hype and gameday lines in 2014. Now, we are playing with FCS attendance fire in 2015.

If we can somehow win 6 games this season, our fans will once again be standing in lines for tickets for Week 1 2016 tickets and the Southern game will be sold out quickly.
Reports are that the student section has "sold out" for what its worth.

There are no lines for tickets this year because they are being claimed and distributed electronically. But as of this morning, there were no tickets left to claim.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
winwave wrote:It appears from that article that season ticket sales are below 10,000. Some of these are out of towners who won't make this game. a lot of families will stay at home for this one and watch on tv. Can't imagine Duke filling the visitors section. So w/the students we'll be lucky to have 10,000 there. Win and those numbers will go up quickly.
If that's the case, for the opening game against an ACC opponent, then Yulman stadium is a disaster. You cannot convince me that 10K wouldn't show up for this game at the Dome.
No way 10k shows up for a Thursday night game in the Dome, none. Even schools like ECU have trouble with weekday games. Not saying 10k is anything to be proud of but 1) we still don't know what the final number will be and 2) a few 1,000 would have traveled to the Dome for an 830 game when the Saints were on earlier.

We get your POV on Yulman but this has nothing to do with the stadium and everything to do with the previous year's 3-9 record and previous decades of futility. Still the attendance and experience at Yulman will be much better. If they were still in the DOME, for instance, I would not go nor buy season tics.
Utterly ridiculous. The "experience" at a college football game with 10K is poor regardless of whether it's at the Dome or Yulman.

Tailgating is the majority of your Tulane football experience? You woudn't go to the game because it's 3 miles farther away? C'mon.
Have you been to a game at Yulman and do you have a basis for comparison on the experience? Which game?
No I haven't. Because no one in their right minds spends thousands of dollars and 4 days of travel and hotels to watch a <100 rated football team play against no name opponents. No that doesn't make a bad fan either.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
winwave wrote:It appears from that article that season ticket sales are below 10,000. Some of these are out of towners who won't make this game. a lot of families will stay at home for this one and watch on tv. Can't imagine Duke filling the visitors section. So w/the students we'll be lucky to have 10,000 there. Win and those numbers will go up quickly.
If that's the case, for the opening game against an ACC opponent, then Yulman stadium is a disaster. You cannot convince me that 10K wouldn't show up for this game at the Dome.
No way 10k shows up for a Thursday night game in the Dome, none. Even schools like ECU have trouble with weekday games. Not saying 10k is anything to be proud of but 1) we still don't know what the final number will be and 2) a few 1,000 would have traveled to the Dome for an 830 game when the Saints were on earlier.

We get your POV on Yulman but this has nothing to do with the stadium and everything to do with the previous year's 3-9 record and previous decades of futility. Still the attendance and experience at Yulman will be much better. If they were still in the DOME, for instance, I would not go nor buy season tics.
Utterly ridiculous. The "experience" at a college football game with 10K is poor regardless of whether it's at the Dome or Yulman.

Tailgating is the majority of your Tulane football experience? You woudn't go to the game because it's 3 miles farther away? C'mon.
Have you been to a game at Yulman and do you have a basis for comparison on the experience? Which game?
No I haven't. Because no one in their right minds spends thousands of dollars and 4 days of travel and hotels to watch a <100 rated football team play against no name opponents. No that doesn't make a bad fan either.
You can do some other things when visiting NOLA. I hear the city is a pretty popular tourist destination.

BTW, thanks for telling me how ridiculous my personal choices are.......very JJ of you.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:For the 1st time in 2 years I have people using up my additional 3 tickets tomorrow night. I know several people going that absolutely would not be going if it was in the Dome. This game will draw better than if the game was in the Dome for sure. I'm not sure by how much but I would guess 3,000+. Of course this game would draw a hell of alot better anywhere if we had won 7 games last season. I'm pretty active on social media, watch tv, aware of media and I've seen absolutely nothing making local people aware that there is a game in Yulman tomorrow night. Marketing has been nonexistent or at the very least ineffective from what I can tell. There has been little or no buzz around Fall camp. Like many of us have been saying for awhile, Tulane is out of tricks and excuses. We are at the point where the ONLY thing that will help attendance from here on out is consistent winning and good football.
There is A LOT on the line tonight for the CJ era. They just bet $100M that the stadium would fix the problem when that's clearly not the case. If the CJ era goes south, not a lot of coaches will want to touch this mess.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

You can do some other things when visiting NOLA. I hear the city is a pretty popular tourist destination.

BTW, thanks for telling me how ridiculous my personal choices are.......very JJ of you.
You're right. I should have said 98%-99% of Tulane alums will not do that, which is to say very very close to 100%. So, yeah, the point stands.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
sader24 wrote:For the 1st time in 2 years I have people using up my additional 3 tickets tomorrow night. I know several people going that absolutely would not be going if it was in the Dome. This game will draw better than if the game was in the Dome for sure. I'm not sure by how much but I would guess 3,000+. Of course this game would draw a hell of alot better anywhere if we had won 7 games last season. I'm pretty active on social media, watch tv, aware of media and I've seen absolutely nothing making local people aware that there is a game in Yulman tomorrow night. Marketing has been nonexistent or at the very least ineffective from what I can tell. There has been little or no buzz around Fall camp. Like many of us have been saying for awhile, Tulane is out of tricks and excuses. We are at the point where the ONLY thing that will help attendance from here on out is consistent winning and good football.
There is A LOT on the line tonight for the CJ era. They just bet $100M that the stadium would fix the problem when that's clearly not the case. If the CJ era goes south, not a lot of coaches will want to touch this mess.
Good grief.
OUG
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Good grief.
Pathological.
ajcalhoun
Swell

OUG wrote: Pathological.
God Bless Everyone!
OUG
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

I don't know about 4 days, but if you're asking who would do so, one might presume the same type of person who reads and writes about that <100 rated football team on the Internet for hours a day on social media?

All of this takes away from the point of my question though, which is that if you haven't been to a game at Yulman, you can't pontificate on the difference in the game day experience. Well you can, but not without talking out of your ass.
Wave755
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
JJ, take a deep breath & relax a little, let's see how we do tonight, we have 3 great backs going up against a defense all consider suspect for the run. It is game one of the new season, this is supposed to be fun, we are all excited for Wave football tonight!!!!!!!!!! :shakingno: :roll: :D

P.S.- And, stop feeding the trolls in the OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS FORUM! :warn:
tgibson
Low Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Good grief.
Pathological.
Is there disagreement? We're heavy underdogs next week. An 0-2 start and there will be Dome like crowds at Yulman. The momentum behind Yulman and the CJ era will be gone or heavily in trouble and there is nothing else. We have no plans to improve our football program materially via facilities.

Meanwhile, the pathology rests with those who think that ~10K in attendance tonight would represent anything other than a pathetic statement about the Tulane football program.

This is a very big game.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tgibson wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
When there is something new to say, I will say something different. Finding out that we are expecting 10K in a season opener vs a P5 opponent speaks loudly that THE RECORD IS STILL BROKEN. The few fans paying attention believing that Tulane won't even cover the spread speaks loudly as well THAT THE RECORD IS STILL BROKEN.

I hope that there is something new to talk about tomorrow. I really really hope.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote: I don't know about 4 days, but if you're asking who would do so, one might presume the same type of person who reads and writes about that <100 rated football team on the Internet for hours a day on social media?

All of this takes away from the point of my question though, which is that if you haven't been to a game at Yulman, you can't pontificate on the difference in the game day experience. Well you can, but not without talking out of your ass.
Yes, I can pontificate on the value of the game day experience, as in its importance RELATIVE TO THE FOOTBALL GAME ITSELF is fixed.

Meanwhile, if we can't get more than 10K to show up for opening night vs Duke, it speaks pretty clearly that the game day experience ain't good enough to draw people to what should be an interesting football game. The market is speaking here, not me.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The betting line is down to 6 1/2 now. Down from 13 at one point.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:The betting line is down to 6 1/2 now. Down from 13 at one point.
Vegas still holding @ 7, this will be a good one, (Duke v. Tulane nos. 143-144 for sheet). :D http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
cajunfanatico
Swell

Which radio program will carry tonight's game?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
JerseyWave
Riptide

My pregame analysis:

I wish I could be in Yulman tonight, work and travel could not allow it. I hope on offense we feature a heavy running attack using our talent depth and experience. Pound LaZedrick, open holes for Sherman and mix in Dontrell.

I'm scarred to death of Tulane's special teams. If the game comes down to a field goal we are screwed just like Tulsa last year.

On defense, I'm hoping LaFrance steps it up and Aruna shows his tremendous potential.

Roll Wave!!!!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Beautiful night in Yulman
JerseyWave
Riptide

Opening drive of season is three and out followed by bad punt!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Aruna forces fumble!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Offense picking up where it left off last season, one of the worst in the nation!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I'm at the game and...Lee is garbage until proven otherwise.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wifi but what is the password? Lol
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981