Tulane Tailgating

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TexanMark
Trickle

Hey Guys...Cuse fan here

It looks like we are playing you Columbus Day Weekend in NOLA. I plan to bring a group of 50-70 Cuse tailgaters to the game. I'm looking for a good, safe place to tailgate. Looking for parking lots that will take a Bus and hopefully close by some bars. Any suggestions?

Personally I think Cuse/Tulane should play fairly often with home and home's...our two schools are very similar. We recruit similar students and both are Private. Both my sons applied and were accepted to Tulane. Despite loving Tulane they each took offers to other schools.

With crazy expansion scenarios...I wouldn't mind Tulane in the Big East but figure Houston, UCF, Memphis and ECU are higher on the list. I'm old enough to still remember the Sugar Bowl...really think Tulane needs a 30-35k seat stadium on or near campus I was amazed at how narrow your campus is and understand land is at a premium.

BYW..my Tailgating Blog is here...http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

JTLiuzza
Swell

The TU faithful tailgate on top of the SW garage in the dome. There's no spot outside the dome that I'm aware of where tailgating is done. Not enough of us.

I look forward to seeing Syracuse in the dome.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
TexanMark
Trickle

Well that sucks...hmmm maybe it'll have to be a pregame at a bar.
RWR
Swell

There are lots outside of the Dome for buses but our crowds are so small I don't know if they'll be open for the game. I would suggest contacting the Dome well in advance and inquire about their availability. The Dome is close enough to the French Quarter that you could congregate in a bar there and then head to the Dome. There are no bars near the Dome big enough for your group open before Tulane games as that area was devastated by Katrina and hasn't come back yet bar wise.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TexanMark...Greetings from Georgetown (we do not acknowledge Austin) Texas...I suggest finding a bar/resturant on Poydras street near the LaPavillion Hotel for your pregame party..it will be an easy walk to the dome..Under the current Tulane leadership(?) Tulane will be out of the Footabll Biz within the next 10 years..so no need for an on campus stadium or Conference expansion, That said a conference is only as good as you make it, no matter what conference, you play the big boys, beat the big boys and the money will follow...you reap what you invest...it is called "investment spending"..some in the academic world have no clue what that is, but will bug the hell out of you to attend their Business school or get your MBA from their University.

Enjoy your trip to New Orleans, I am not sure what the contract obligations are between Cuse and Tulane, so unless you are going to the Sugar Bowl or to see the Saints, this may be your last trip to the Big EZ for a game..by the way if you bring 70 people, there may be a total of 150 at the game

PS...Houston and UCF should be on the Big East radar..they bring TV sets...and I am not so sure that TCU will ever play a game in the Big East...the Big 12 will be making some moves after next season, Memphis (TV sets in SEC country and Fed Ex money) and TCU (competitive program) were to be the schools invited ..should be an intresting next "off season"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TexanMark
Trickle

Thanks for the suggestions...I think we'll do a pregame deal as you suggested in the French Quarter. I'm also, going to see what Syracuse does before the game for an official tailgate...I'm talking to Scott Sidwell at Cuse.

BTW, I'm not sure the Big 12 is going to bring in TCU and Memphis as you suggest...they have no incentive since BEVO is happy (for now) and I don't think either would bring in enough revenue. Just my 2 cents.
whodatwavefan
Ripple

Let Scott know that there are plenty of Wave fans praying that somehow, one day, he will be our AD.
RWR
Swell

Actually there won't be that many. He participated willingly in Dickson's lie about a poll being done that showed the fans wanted football games at 1:00.There was no poll. He also clearly displayed the typical Tulane attitude of "hey ,we're Tulane therefore you can't expect much.". "They can keep him. He's not welcome here.
JTLiuzza
Swell

RWR wrote:Actually there won't be that many. He participated willingly in Dickson's lie about a poll being done that showed the fans wanted football games at 1:00.There was no poll. He also clearly displayed the typical Tulane attitude of "hey ,we're Tulane therefore you can't expect much.". "They can keep him. He's not welcome here.
+1
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
JDTulane
Riptide

I'll be tailgating! Roll wave!