Another case of Tulane being Tulane??

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
waveclem
Surge

Anyone on this board who also does twitter might be familiar with the young Tu student that has recently been doing all the new looking graphics for Tulane football. His twitter moniker is Cold Gold I think. Anyway, he is a pretty talented kid who has upgraded the graphic designs of Tulane's social media presence for almost a year now. He was nothing more then an intern brought on by Coach Detrick Belvin. I am not sure exactly what happened but apparently last night he took twitter with anger because the athletic department booted him. They basically told him to stop making these cool designs for our school at no cost to us. He said he believes it came straight from our favorite AD. He had some very choice words for the athletic department who showed no appreciation for the work he put in. The million dollar question is why would they get rid of him? If you go on twitter he says it beautifully.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Go ahead and reset the "Days since a Rick Dickson Disaster" meter to zero. No one should be surprised by any ongoing dysfunction as it has been institutionalized.
TU23
High Tide

Yep, Tulane is getting a days worth of bad press. This kid is torching the athletic department (rightly so).
nawlinspete
Riptide

People insecure in their position because they know they are not good at what they do are always on the defensive. Apparently The Curse of Ricky is all pervasive.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

Remember,Rick is a dick
JerseyWave
Riptide

I spoke to Drew in the ticket office today. He is mailing me a couple of copies of the new Football poster at no charge. The poster looks impressive from what I have seen on the internet. Expect single game tickets available in early August. He said he will notify me of the date of availability.
Cole Golden
Trickle

k
Last edited by Cole Golden on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

FIRE RICK DICKSON!!! I'm telling you guys all the crap that happens in the Wilson Center leads to ONE person, Rick Dickson!

Reminds me of the firing of the Strength and Condition Coach they recently fired for being tough with a bowler.
Cole Golden
Trickle

Also, privately, I was told this would happen by several people, maybe 10. They told me that there was no way the upper echelon of power would ever let me last. I assured them everything was good. And then, I watched it all play out exactly as they said.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Is there no limit to the damage Ricky does with his every word, thought and action ?

C'mon BofA and President Fitts; Dickson has long ago earned and deserved Dishonorable Discharge and he is degenerating further. He must be axed now.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cole Golden wrote:Also, privately, I was told this would happen by several people, maybe 10. They told me that there was no way the upper echelon of power would ever let me last. I assured them everything was good. And then, I watched it all play out exactly as they said.
Thanks for sharing the details. To those of us who have followed Tulane athletics for a loooooong time it is no surprise at all. what a shame. Thanks for the work you did do. Can you give a link to your work and to what was put out on twitter today. Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

A fish always rots at the head.

This is a disgusting story, but shame on anyone here who finds themselves surprised by any of this. I feel bad for Cole having to put up with this for doing nothing other than great work.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Another word of thanks to Cole from an alumnus that knows Tulane is its' own worst enemy. Sadly, you are another example of the structure of the Athletics Department getting in the way of progressively moving into the 21st century. This might be worse than the debacle of the strength coach getting fired.

President Fitts: Please realize that this unpaid intern has done more to promote Tulane than Rick Dickson has. In his 15 years as AD, Rick Dickson has ruined the tremendous foundation set down by Dr. Kevin White and Sandy Barbour, two Administrators whom Rick Dickson cannot come close to matching. We need another great AD, not a yes man like Rick Dickson whom helped perpetuate the biggest disaster of the Cowen Era: The "Tulane Model."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Cole Golden
Trickle

If you have Twitter, I released 5 or 6 items last night. Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/cGoLd_design/media
Cole Golden
Trickle

k
Last edited by Cole Golden on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Damn !!! It is sad when a person with talent and a passion for he/she does to be terminated !!! I guess terminate is the wrong word since the young man was not getting paid !!!

Mr Golden thanks for what you have done, you are truly talented and once again Tulane shoots itself not in the foot, but the head !

RD needs to be blindfolded and tied to a goal post at rinky-dink stadium and ..well ya know the rest of the story
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Cole Golden
Trickle

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys. It does mean a lot.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cole Golden wrote:If you have Twitter, I released 5 or 6 items last night. Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/cGoLd_design/media
Thanks. Good stuff.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

I think what happened to you is terrible. Those of us who have been around this Athletic Department and this Athletic Director for a long time have seen this happen in other areas of the Athletic Department time and time again. It actually made it's way to the other board for about a decade when the guy who ran it was Rick Dickson's lapdog. If you posted anything that wasn't 100% approved you were simply banned from the board. It's sometimes frustrating when newer fans or graduates take those of us who have been around for such a long time to task for being paranoid or constantly negative about the situation in Tulane's Athletic Department. The Tulane Athletic Department is one of the most insecure organizations I've ever been around or witnessed on a consistent basis. They are afraid of not being in complete control at all times and fear any vision that isn't specifically their own. When in doubt they use intimidation to either get their way or to cut access of former players, alumni, fans, booster group members,etc. They've threatened on multiple occassions to fire employees who associate or help Tulane fans whose opinions and voices they don't approve of. I and many others have been saying this for some time, a complete overhaul of the Athletic Department Hierarchy is a must in order to move forward in a positive direction. Too many feathers have been ruffled, to many enemies have been made, to many P.R. nightmares have happened. I'm not exaggerating when I guess that Rick Dickson's approval rating among what's left of the Tulane Season Ticket Holders in any of the 3 major sports hovers in the neighborhood of 5-15% at best. Even on YOGWF I can't really find one poster who doesn't think he needs to resign or be fired. The losing is bad enough, but when the AD manages to anger, belittle, alienate, and just flat out run off what few fans we have remaining it's absurd.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:I think what happened to you is terrible. Those of us who have been around this Athletic Department and this Athletic Director for a long time have seen this happen in other areas of the Athletic Department time and time again. It actually made it's way to the other board for about a decade when the guy who ran it was Rick Dickson's lapdog. If you posted anything that wasn't 100% approved you were simply banned from the board. It's sometimes frustrating when newer fans or graduates take those of us who have been around for such a long time to task for being paranoid or constantly negative about the situation in Tulane's Athletic Department. The Tulane Athletic Department is one of the most insecure organizations I've ever been around or witnessed on a consistent basis. They are afraid of not being in complete control at all times and fear any vision that isn't specifically their own. When in doubt they use intimidation to either get their way or to cut access of former players, alumni, fans, booster group members,etc. They've threatened on multiple occassions to fire employees who associate or help Tulane fans whose opinions and voices they don't approve of. I and many others have been saying this for some time, a complete overhaul of the Athletic Department Hierarchy is a must in order to move forward in a positive direction. Too many feathers have been ruffled, to many enemies have been made, to many P.R. nightmares have happened. I'm not exaggerating when I guess that Rick Dickson's approval rating among what's left of the Tulane Season Ticket Holders in any of the 3 major sports hovers in the neighborhood of 5-15% at best. Even on YOGWF I can't really find one poster who doesn't think he needs to resign or be fired. The losing is bad enough, but when the AD manages to anger, belittle, alienate, and just flat out run off what few fans we have remaining it's absurd.
Well said.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:I think what happened to you is terrible. Those of us who have been around this Athletic Department and this Athletic Director for a long time have seen this happen in other areas of the Athletic Department time and time again. It actually made it's way to the other board for about a decade when the guy who ran it was Rick Dickson's lapdog. If you posted anything that wasn't 100% approved you were simply banned from the board. It's sometimes frustrating when newer fans or graduates take those of us who have been around for such a long time to task for being paranoid or constantly negative about the situation in Tulane's Athletic Department. The Tulane Athletic Department is one of the most insecure organizations I've ever been around or witnessed on a consistent basis. They are afraid of not being in complete control at all times and fear any vision that isn't specifically their own. When in doubt they use intimidation to either get their way or to cut access of former players, alumni, fans, booster group members,etc. They've threatened on multiple occassions to fire employees who associate or help Tulane fans whose opinions and voices they don't approve of. I and many others have been saying this for some time, a complete overhaul of the Athletic Department Hierarchy is a must in order to move forward in a positive direction. Too many feathers have been ruffled, to many enemies have been made, to many P.R. nightmares have happened. I'm not exaggerating when I guess that Rick Dickson's approval rating among what's left of the Tulane Season Ticket Holders in any of the 3 major sports hovers in the neighborhood of 5-15% at best. Even on YOGWF I can't really find one poster who doesn't think he needs to resign or be fired. The losing is bad enough, but when the AD manages to anger, belittle, alienate, and just flat out run off what few fans we have remaining it's absurd.
Everyone should read this post twice. This is an unhealthy organization that requires a complete overhaul, and responsible managers and administrators would not disagree.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Soon after being hired as the Miss State coach, Dan Mullen called a meeting for everyone
involved with football -- faculty, secretaries, staff -- and delivered words that made then
athletic director Greg Byrne cringe: “You are part of the problem.” Mullen insisted that
the way things had always been done hadn’t worked. “We have to change everything,”
he said.
These words need to be said by the next Tulane AD.
sader24
Tsunami

This Athletic Department will never hire a personality that strong for its football program. Dickson can't handle someone that knows what needs to be done and knows how screwed up it is and isn't afraid to state it openly. Good head coaches try to hire assistant coaches they think are better than them and empower them to run their specific area. Tulane hires weak personalities that they can control and we all see what that has given us. Cowen was insecure and distrustful so he hired a weak Dickson, in turn Dickson became insecure so he hired coaches he could control. The one coach who outshone them was Rick Jones, since they couldn't fire him they simply neutered his ability to recruit and get in players essentially making it as hard as possible for him to win. This is why Dickson can't handle criticism and has gotten defensive and downright dismissive towards the fanbase. They created a cocoon where dissention was not allowed including YOGWF. When he stepped out of his cocoon and actually heard real opinions he couldn't handle it. Just look at how they've reacted to Gotula. He tried to make longtime season ticket holders and a football alum pariahs.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Insecure. Unstable. Intimidation. Harassment. Suspicious of others. Control Freak.

Sounds like a profile of a depressed paranoid. I would not like to be driving anywhere near this person, sounds like a textbook road rage driver. Surely Tulane will remove responsibility from such an obsessed person and get said person into counseling.
IM42lane
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:Insecure. Unstable. Intimidation. Harassment. Suspicious of others. Control Freak.

Sounds like a profile of a depressed paranoid. I would not like to be driving anywhere near this person, sounds like a textbook road rage driver. Surely Tulane will remove responsibility from such an obsessed person and get said person into counseling.
FIRE DICKSON NOW!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere