Tulane FB OOC schedules 2014 thru 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
sader24 wrote:We have very little to gain by playing ULL. We are trying to move up not down. We are above ULL in the college football pecking order and status wise, why help legitimize an instate team that we recruit against. If they go 11-1 they end up in the New Orleans Bowl, if we go 11-1 we end up in a much better bowl and probably a major bowl.
Sorry you don't agree, Cajun, but its a fact. Look at it from the perspective of someone not interested in either school, say, someone from Iowa. They see:

1. Better name recognition
2. Better Conference affiliation
3. Higher ceiling as far as Bowl invites go.

Tulane wins in all categories, whether you agree or not. Its no different than comparing a Northern Illinois to Minnesota. The casual fan sees G5 MAC vs P5 B1G, and just assumes that Minnesota is the better team, when in reality N Ill would probably have won that game.
The man has a point you know. Locally TU might not be as respected as ULL, but nationally the brands are just very different.

cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
sader24 wrote:We have very little to gain by playing ULL. We are trying to move up not down. We are above ULL in the college football pecking order and status wise, why help legitimize an instate team that we recruit against. If they go 11-1 they end up in the New Orleans Bowl, if we go 11-1 we end up in a much better bowl and probably a major bowl.
Sorry you don't agree, Cajun, but its a fact. Look at it from the perspective of someone not interested in either school, say, someone from Iowa. They see:

Tulane wins in all categories, whether you agree or not. Its no different than comparing a Northern Illinois to Minnesota. The casual fan sees G5 MAC vs P5 B1G, and just assumes that Minnesota is the better team, when in reality N Ill would probably have won that game.
I'll agree with you when it comes to casual fans as Tulane blows us away in name recognition. The AAC still has a lot to prove as a football conference. As it relates to bowl invites, I still view the Access Bowl as attainable for either squad. For me, that's the ceiling.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

I'll agree with you when it comes to casual fans as Tulane blows us away in name recognition. The AAC still has a lot to prove as a football conference. As it relates to bowl invites, I still view the Access Bowl as attainable for either squad. For me, that's the ceiling.
And, Cajun Troll, notice Forbes Magazine ranks UNO 571 & ULALA 572? ULALA is no more a national university than is UNO. :lol:

See:

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/universi ... lafayette/

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/universi ... p-colleges
DrBox
Riptide

Playing ULL in football is a drag. Always has been. Fans that have just wanted to insult and blame since the 1980s; it hasn't stopped, so no interest in playing them. No reason to play a team whose fans feel that way.
No reason not to play them in baseball, though. I'm sure we will play a deuce next year.
GreenLantern
Riptide

DrBox wrote:Playing ULL in football is a drag. Always has been. Fans that have just wanted to insult and blame since the 1980s; it hasn't stopped, so no interest in playing them. No reason to play a team whose fans feel that way.
I'm not a big fan of playing ULL in football because as so many others have stated, there is much to lose and little to gain.

Concerning the ULL fans, my wife and I attended the 2013 NO bowl vs. ULL. We stayed at the Monteleone and getting a cab after the game was impossible. We were the only two green-clad fans in a sea of red as we walked from the Dome back to the hotel. We found the fans to be friendly and gracious winners. If the circumstances were different and Tulane fans were in Baton Rouge, I can promise that the environment would be much more hostile.

A Tulane-ULL game has to be a great financial benefit for New Orleans. It seems that when LSU fans drive down for a game, they buy a bucket of Popeye's, a case of beer and throw the litter on the road on the way home after the game. The ULL fans enjoy the city and make a weekend vacation of the event. I realize that I'm making extreme generalizations but there you are.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:Playing ULL in football is a drag. Always has been. Fans that have just wanted to insult and blame since the 1980s; it hasn't stopped, so no interest in playing them. No reason to play a team whose fans feel that way.
No reason not to play them in baseball, though. I'm sure we will play a deuce next year.
Back when Brian Mitchell qb'd for the Cajuns I attended a couple of Wave vs Cajun games in the Dome. From what I recall there was a good mix of both Cajun and Tulane fans. The only insult I recall was a huge sign high up in the Dome calling Cajun fans swamp scum. With most of New Orleans exisiting below sea level, that one still makes me LOL.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Forever TU
Surge

2016 Football schedule completed w/ games vs. Southern and UMass:

Home: ULL, Southern, SMU, Navy, Memphis, Temple
Away: UMass, UConn, Wake Forest, UCF, Houston, Tulsa

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 15aaa.html
ArtVandelay
Ripple

Forever TU wrote:2016 Football schedule completed w/ games vs. Southern and UMass:

That's an extremely unattractive home schedule. I can't imagine many of the casual college football fans in this city wanting to see any of those teams play. Another pathetic job of scheduling by Tricky Rick.
Jonathan
Riptide

U Mass and Southern to football schedule. Is this a joke.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Why is anyone surprised?

Get the pitchforks out or this will happen over and over and over until bankruptcy.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It is freaking disgusting!!! Drop Miss St and add Southern and UMass. Poor CJ. Try selling that schedule to the kids he's trying to recruit.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:It is freaking disgusting!!! Drop Miss St and add Southern and UMass. Poor CJ. Try selling that schedule to the kids he's trying to recruit.
It would be irresponsible to leave out that he PAID $350K to drop MSU and add Southern and UMass. :headbash: :headbash: :headbash: :headbash:
nawlinspete
Riptide

ArtVandelay wrote:
Forever TU wrote:2016 Football schedule completed w/ games vs. Southern and UMass:

That's an extremely unattractive home schedule. I can't imagine many of the casual college football fans in this city wanting to see any of those teams play. Another pathetic job of scheduling by Tricky Rick.
The AD knew about this IMPENDING DISASTER YEARS AGO. After all, the AD is its author. The AD did nothing. The AD is a do nothing. Correction, he is an economic disaster. HE cancelled a game with a $350,000 payday resulting in a $350,000 forfeiture to schedule MASS and SU. After costing us $700,000 his stupidity will result in 2016 home attendance (actual) that will struggle to hit 30,000 real butts in seats.

Once again: FIRE DICKSON. NOW.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
oliveandblue
Surge

I see 7-8 wins on that schedule. It's awful, but keep in mind that our program isn't that good either. You do not want to schedule 0-4 before conference play begins.

Wins sell tickets - not opponents.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I can't find the logic. He dropped a road game against Miss St in favor of a road game against UMass. Our fans in New Orleans can easily make a road trip to Starkville against a traditional SEC opponent. Instead we play an FBS newcomer as Dickson explains it, "a chance to play in Gillette Stadium."
oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane's athletic budget is not big enough to schedule 3-4 P5 teams in nonconference play.

Dickson's probably feeling a little warm after a 3-9 season, and he's going to cook the books to become a bowl team again.

That's exactly what the UMass game is designed to do.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:

The AD knew about this IMPENDING DISASTER YEARS AGO. After all, the AD is its author. The AD did nothing. The AD is a do nothing. Correction, he is an economic disaster. HE cancelled a game with a $350,000 payday resulting in a $350,000 forfeiture to schedule MASS and SU. After costing us $700,000 his stupidity will result in 2016 home attendance (actual) that will struggle to hit 30,000 real butts in seats.

Once again: FIRE DICKSON. NOW.
From a butts in seats standpoint, Southern and ULL are good opponents (so are Navy and Memphis for that matter). Only Temple and UMass stand out as opponents that may not move the meter in attendance, however, if we have a solid record when we face them, butts will be in seats. We should have a decent overall record too, since we are avoiding East Carolina and Cincinnati and we have Wake Forest.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote:

I see 7-8 wins on that schedule. It's awful, but keep in mind that our program isn't that good either. You do not want to schedule 0-4 before conference play begins.

Absolutely not true. Wins against nobodies draws no one. To draw you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Absolutely not true. Wins against nobodies draws no one. To draw you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.
We have hundreds of threads, and thousands of posts on this board, and you know what? This sentence sums everything up.

WIN CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.

Regardless of the sport, the venue, the amenities, whatever. Do what it takes. And Tulane hasn't.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:
oliveandblue wrote:

Absolutely not true. Wins against nobodies draws no one. To draw you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.
+1
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:Absolutely not true. Wins against nobodies draws no one. To draw you have to WIN CONSISTENTLY AGAINST QUALITY OPPOSITION.
We have hundreds of threads, and thousands of posts on this board, and you know what? This sentence sums everything up.

Regardless of the sport, the venue, the amenities, whatever. Do what it takes. And Tulane hasn't.
Absolutely. The problem is that the imbelciles in charge believed they had a different and better way, a boutique program they called the Tulane Model. They spent $100M building facilities to support this boutique program rather than one that can and will win consistently against quality opposition.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Absolutely. The problem is that the imbelciles in charge believed they had a different and better way, a boutique program they called the Tulane Model. They spent $100M building facilities to support this boutique program rather than one that can and will win consistently against quality opposition.
Thanks. In fact I have been posting this for a decade now. It started when someone on the other site said we just need to win. Knowing how Tulane operates I pointed out that we can't let them set the bar that low or they would just schedule to get easy wins. That's why I posted in caps to drive the point home.

It's days like this that make me wonder. I am sick to my stomach that we canceled State for this. Like several other long timers here I get told by others often "I don't know how you've endured Tulane athletics for so long". Things like this announcement is why we get told that. :cry:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
puffy
Surge

Looks like my decision to decline renewing my season tickets was indeed a wise one...and will stretch into at least 2016.

Why is Tulane reverting back to CUSA-era scheduling? Like Nature Boy Ric Flair says, "To be THE man, you've got to beat THE man!".
cajunfanatico
Swell

ArtVandelay wrote:

Yulman will be packed solid for both the Southern and ULL games. I don't know what's unattractive about that.
Green Wave
Swell

Revised the Schedule and scheduled only games Pie chart

ROLL WAVE!