2010 Hawaii Bowl question:

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

How do you feel about Tulsa scoring/throwing for a touchdown so late in the game already having scored 55 points?

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Dupergreenie
Surge

it may be a cop out but i've always had two opinions on situations like that. first off its the other teams job to stop the other. if one team is scoring a lot, well shouldnt pride kick in eventually and you try to stop them? however had a tulsa player gotten hurt i would have said that was good for them for trying to do too much. but i usually tend to say score until they stop you.
sader24
Tsunami

It's not like if West Monroe beats a Class C team by 90, two teams from two similar conferences in stature and both teams offer scholarships. Also, Hawaii has been to a BCS game recently so I think like was said on that 30 for 30 on Miami, "If you don't want to watch us dance in the end zone, don't let us get there." I also think a bowl game is a reward for your team and after traveling all the way out to Hawaii you should "reward" your team and let them play full out the whole game.
Wavebacker
Ripple

It's classless and Football could use some class. Don't do it because it looks bad. Yeah they may have been winning but running the score up in a Bowl game is bush league unless there's some reason known for it.