2015 NCAA Baseball Regional Discussion & Predictions

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'd take it since they only have 3 AAC bids. ( ECU, UH and Tulane)
But facing Texas A&M would be tough.
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/fiel ... s-week-14/

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

If Tulane goes to Tex A&M, then the first great problem would be the MIGHTY ANTEATERS (U.C.I.). That team gives someone fits every year that they get selected (Cal. St./Fullerton, too).

At this point, I do not care where Tulane would go ... as long as they go. If they wind up in Red Stick, then so be it. It has been a LONG TIME since Tulanians have had any baseball postseason hope.

DRIVE for 35 -- ROLL GREEN WAVE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Pepper
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Much better there than Red Stick. We need to win the Memphis series to get there.. Memphis most important series and games of the year. I hope our coaching staff and players are on top of this unlike the miserable performance against a Southern Miss team by our pathetic mid week pitchers and as usual no hitting team.
The only thing pathetic is you and your same old mantra.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dallas Baptist as a National Seed and a Regional Host? Wow....
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
dpm wave
Swell

College Sports Madness has Tulane in the BR Regional with LSU and SeLa.
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/bas ... acketology

Baseball America will have their projections out tomorrow or Friday. Expect Tulane to remain on the outs of their field.
Jonathan
Riptide

God help us if they send us to Baton Rouge. Send U La La there and Tulane to College Station A&M.
JDTulane
Riptide

Just send us !! And I won't care where :D
Jonathan
Riptide

College Station!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

interesting....Tulane to College Station and Rice to Baton Rouge...seems pretty strange to me
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Just send us !! And I won't care where :D
AMEN!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Rice to Baton Rouge & Tulane to College Station is based on the selector's seeding. Rice a second seed & Tulane a third seed.
Forever TU
Surge

Baseball America has us in the Iowa City bracket with Iowa, USC and Columbia

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/ ... 64-may-14/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Forever TU wrote:Baseball America has us in the Iowa City bracket with Iowa, USC and Columbia

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/ ... 64-may-14/
I'd go to BR or College Station to see a regional but I'm going to pass on going to Iowa.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree with you. I am not going further than Red Stick or College Station, but Tulane needs the invitation first. Roll Wave. defeat Memphis?
Jonathan
Riptide

Does our RPI need to move from the 50s before the Memphis win To the 40's after the Memphis series win to get there?
Forever TU
Surge

The answer is no. We still need to do well in the tourney. Also, no need to start a new thread for every question.
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not tell me what to do. You are dealing with the wrong person. Thanks for your advice. How many wins in the tournament do we need to get a bid? Will Warren Nolan drop our rpi' to the 40's after our Memphis series win?
Jonathan
Riptide

After the Memphis win series Tulane need to be in the 40s RPI to get invited to the NCAA tournament. Am I correct or wrong?
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/rpi

#38 after the two wins today.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Jonathan
Riptide

That is great news! thanks!
BC Wave
Swell

Jonathan, I am having a difficult time following you. Previously you have stated Tulane needed to sweep its last two series to get to the NCAA tournament.

We did neither. By your own logics (and you spoke in no uncertain terms) we cannot make the tournament.
BC Wave
Swell

BC Wave wrote:Jonathan, I am having a difficult time following you. Previously you have stated Tulane needed to sweep its last two series to get to the NCAA tournament.

We did neither. By your own logics and you spoke in no uncertain terms) we cannot make the tournament.
DrBox
Riptide

Probably but let's win at least a couple and make it a no brainier.
Robert1969
Riptide

Virtually every college baseball site thinks we are in. Now, if we have an 0-2 disaster in Clearwater, that might change their minds. But Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers think we are in. And those are two great college baseball prognosticators.

We have a Top 40 RPI, and we won four of our last five weekend series. So, if we don't stink in Clearwater, I am inclined to believe we are in.
Jonathan
Riptide

Anywhere but Baton Rouge. Cannot go two and out in AAC Tournament or no regional. RPI in now 37.