Football season tickets

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I received a call this week from my Tulane ticket rep, Drew Davenport. I had a season tickets to the family fun zone last year, but only used them for the first game against Georgia Tech. The ticket rep called about renewing my tickets for this coming season and I WILL NOT. I went into my explanation to the ticket rep and told him to give my message to his boss. Until Tulane shows me a commitment to winning, I will not make anymore financial commitment to Tulane Athletics! In addition, I'm waiting for a new Athletic Director!!!

rollinggreen
High Tide

I will NEVER purchase a ticket to any athletic event until Dickhead Dickson is gone!
Jonathan
Riptide

Many of us will be canceling our season tickets,TAF and Westfelt membership after a disappointing 3 win losing season,not firing the Prices and coming in fourth in the state in recruiting after LSU,U La La and La Tech by top respected 247 Sports... And Dixon is paying CJ over a million dollars a year! Our QB was terrible almost leading the nation in interceptions! Yulman will look like the Superdome in Tulane attendance. We need Dickson gone to get rid of Conroy and CJ and hire top quality young coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I received a call on Tuesday.... I informed the young man that I will no longer be contributing to TAF or purchasing tickets. I wished him all the best but under RD's leadership (?) and the past results of the Coach's hired, he had an uphill climb.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

I got eight season tix last year. I will NOT buy any more until this operation shows some life on the field. Why buy a crappyproduct?
JDTulane
Riptide

Yet to get a call. I'm sure it is coming. Cheap seats :)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:Yet to get a call. I'm sure it is coming. Cheap seats :)
I got a call. Will be buying 2-3 young alum tics at $100 a seat. It's worth to me.
MicMan
Swell

Meanwhile, now that acceptance letters have gone out, TU's Facebook posts glorifying the School That Loses $20M a Year have increased five-fold. The beg-a-thon is in full swing.
sader24
Tsunami

I know several 1st time season ticket holders from last year who aren't renewing. I'm up in the air about what I'm doing. Not firing the Prices was completely absurd to me and many of the recent public comments from CJ make me feel like he's bought into the Tulane Model which is a complete deal breaker for me.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ticket renewals are going quite slow. Tulane is now going to adjust donation requirements in certain seating areas. Unfortunately some big donor pledges (5 year) have already been reneged upon. The new stadium goodwill has gone down the tubes in less than a season. Hopefully winning will turn the tide.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

With only three pathetic wins,not firing the Prices and fourth in recruiting this year behind LSU A&M, U La La and La Tech as per 247 Sports what do you expect? Dickson paying CJ over a million dollars a year for three wins with a $15 to $20 million deficit. Crazy! Another losing season for CJ coming up.Season ticket sales and TAF donations going down the tube. Who wants to support a losing program?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Ticket renewals are going quite slow. Tulane is now going to adjust donation requirements in certain seating areas. Unfortunately some big donor pledges (5 year) have already been reneged upon. The new stadium goodwill has gone down the tubes in less than a season. Hopefully winning will turn the tide.
But the "crown jewel" stadium was supposed to create the winning. :roll: :roll:

My prediction that Yulman would be deemed a failure before we were done paying it off went from another one of my "trollish" "conspiracy theories" to looking like easy money.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Ticket renewals are going quite slow. Tulane is now going to adjust donation requirements in certain seating areas. Unfortunately some big donor pledges (5 year) have already been reneged upon. The new stadium goodwill has gone down the tubes in less than a season. Hopefully winning will turn the tide.
Just wondering.

Does this fact completely negate the "Dome is the problem" argument? I mean I think it's now a proven fact otherwise.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:

My prediction that Yulman would be deemed a failure before we were done paying it off went from another one of my "trollish" "conspiracy theories" to looking like easy money.
Who said that?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

On the bright side, this puts CJ squarely on the hot seat because Tulane literally cannot afford not to win.

On the negative side, there's now a white elephant, financial drain on the athletic program that puts the program that much closer to bankruptcy.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Who said that?
It's been the implication, backed by $80M, for almost 10 years now.
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:

The problem right now isn't Yulman being small. The problem is the coaching. By your own admission, JJ, the talent has improved over the Toledo years. Tanner Lee has ability, but he is poorly coached. Anyone that follows Tulane Football can see the improved talent over five years ago. We are all frustrated by the lack of accountability. Tulane has a good defense. Tulane's scoring offense is among the worst in the country. One Touchdown in the last three games. The special teams are a disaster. The fact that the Price brothers kept their jobs and CJ isn't changing the offense is unconscionable! There is no fire, no urgency to win. Better coaching with this personnel is capable of winning 9-10 games against the 2015 schedule. It is not going to happen because the same lousy coaches are returning.

And Yes, Ed Conroy has out recruited CJ this year. Conroy and his staff got talent from Chicago, Ohio and Washington DC. CJ is struggling in his own backyard. CJ is dependent on his under the radar recruiting to produce. Conroy is now winning battles against the big boys!!!!

As I told my Tulane Football ticket rep, I will not commit to Tulane Athletics until Tulane shows me a commitment to winning!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

The problem right now isn't Yulman being small. The problem is the coaching. By your own admission, JJ, the talent has improved over the Toledo years. Tanner Lee has ability, but he is poorly coached. Anyone that follows Tulane Football can see the improved talent over five years ago. We are all frustrated by the lack of accountability. Tulane has a good defense. Tulane's scoring offense is among the worst in the country. One Touchdown in the last three games. The special teams are a disaster. The fact that the Price brothers kept their jobs and CJ isn't changing the offense is unconscionable! There is no fire, no urgency to win. Better coaching with this personnel is capable of winning 9-10 games against the 2015 schedule. It is not going to happen because the same lousy coaches are returning.

And Yes, Ed Conroy has out recruited CJ this year. Conroy and his staff got talent from Chicago, Ohio and Washington DC. CJ is struggling in his own backyard. CJ is dependent on his under the radar recruiting to produce. Conroy is now winning battles against the big boys!!!!

As I told my Tulane Football ticket rep, I will not commit to Tulane Athletics until Tulane shows me a commitment to winning!
I didn't say anything about Yulman being too small. Yulman is what they built instead of the facilities that would draw the good coaches and players that would lead to winning.

Of course there's no urgency to win. Winning isn't the goal and they've told us that explicitly. We don't judge by wins and losses. We judge by Scott Cowen's book sales and political talking points.
sader24
Tsunami

Talked with very long time season ticket holder who sat close to me last year. He's pretty sure he's dropping from 6 to 2 tickets. I got a call today and I had 4 last season. I can't really justify getting more than 3 and that's a stretch. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they had a 50-60% renewal rate which would have to be a rather large financial hit.
Jonathan
Riptide

We are getting calls now from the Tulane athletic department to renew our Tulane football season tickets and TAF donations,. Tell them you are not renewing because 1 CJ did not fire the Prices 2 You had only three wins last year 3 your 2015 recruiting class was fourth in the state as per 247 Sports after LSU A&M, U La La and La Tech and you are not seeing CJ earn his million dollar annual salary our failed AD Rick Dickson gave you as Tulane has a 20m per year deficit! We should alway be number two in recruiting after LSU A&M.

Conroy did not out recruit CJ. They are both losers. They cannot bring in four and five star athletes to get us to the next level,winning seasons,bowl games,to the top 25 and the NCAA tournament after 20 years. Retire Rick Dickson and fire CJ and Conroy.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote: Conroy did not out recruit CJ. They are both losers. They cannot bring in four and five star athletes to get us to the next level,winning seasons,bowl games,to the top 25 and the NCAA tournament after 20 years. Retire Rick Dickson and fire CJ and Conroy.
Jonathan, has Tulane ever consistently recruited 4 and 5 star players? I doubt it. Those guys routinely go to the premier programs (P5's) and that's going to be even moreso going forward.

As JJ has said in this thread and elsewhere, and Fred Dowler (I miss Fred's commentary) said long ago, the issue of basic football facilities was more critical to Tulane's success than the issue of a stadium. There's a direct correlation between recruiting both players and coaches tied to facilities. Afterall, where do most players and coaches spend the majority of the time? It's certainly not in a stadium.

Tulane had the luxury of playing in one of the premier stadiums in the country but because of a consistently lousy product, few folks came. And while a sparse crowd looked miserable in the Dome, a sparse crowd at Yulman will be flat-out embarrassing. If there was ever an example of putting the cart before the horse, Yulman is it.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

I am sure Canjun F you have given thousands of dollars to Tulane TAF like me over the years and you hold premium seats in the Westfelt section. You are a joke and a U La La supporter with Flash. You like coming on this board every day but come up with zero dollars to support Tulane athletics.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I am sure Canjun F you have given thousands of dollars to Tulane TAF like me over the years and you hold premium seats in the Westfelt section. You are a joke and a U La La supporter with Flash. You like coming on this board every day but come up with zero dollars to support Tulane athletics.
So you admit to supporting the failed CowDick policies with your entertainment dollars?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:
Jonathan wrote: Conroy did not out recruit CJ. They are both losers. They cannot bring in four and five star athletes to get us to the next level,winning seasons,bowl games,to the top 25 and the NCAA tournament after 20 years. Retire Rick Dickson and fire CJ and Conroy.
Jonathan, has Tulane ever consistently recruited 4 and 5 star players? I doubt it. Those guys routinely go to the premier programs (P5's) and that's going to be even moreso going forward.

As JJ has said in this thread and elsewhere, and Fred Dowler (I miss Fred's commentary) said long ago, the issue of basic football facilities was more critical to Tulane's success than the issue of a stadium. There's a direct correlation between recruiting both players and coaches tied to facilities. Afterall, where do most players and coaches spend the majority of the time? It's certainly not in a stadium.

Tulane had the luxury of playing in one of the premier stadiums in the country but because of a consistently lousy product, few folks came. And while a sparse crowd looked miserable in the Dome, a sparse crowd at Yulman will be flat-out embarrassing. If there was ever an example of putting the cart before the horse, Yulman is it.
This. An empty Yulman would be a backbreaker for the program.
JDTulane
Riptide

Got my call earlier this week. Have yet to return it. Plan on renewing tho. Shrug. Thats an odd sign...