Football season tickets

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
Dave breslin wrote:If the wifi goes down,like it does sometimes,will they postpone the game because you can't get in? Or will everyone "go across the street" to watch?
I see what you're trying to do here, but wifi isn't needed to get into the game, and won't ever be.
I see what you're trying to do here, but that's not necessarily true. The bar code readers are going to authenticate the ticket's validity from somewhere and connectivity is needed to do that.
It would be done the same way that bar codes have always been scanned.
Same as at the supermarket. Scanner reads barcode > computer queries server on a network using simple network connection (doesn't have to be wireless). Some portable barcode readers have very significant local storage in the handheld and can authenticate a barcode against a local database.

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
Dave breslin wrote:If the wifi goes down,like it does sometimes,will they postpone the game because you can't get in? Or will everyone "go across the street" to watch?
I see what you're trying to do here, but wifi isn't needed to get into the game, and won't ever be.
I see what you're trying to do here, but that's not necessarily true. The bar code readers are going to authenticate the ticket's validity from somewhere and connectivity is needed to do that.
It would be done the same way that bar codes have always been scanned.
Same as at the supermarket. Scanner reads barcode > computer queries server on a network using simple network connection (doesn't have to be wireless). Some portable barcode readers have very significant local storage in the handheld and can authenticate a barcode against a local database.
Ya, there are plenty of stadiums with no wifi and all of them scan bar codes at this point.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Turchin scanned with no wifi, Jazz Fest scans with no wifi, Gretna Fest no wifi, Voodoo Fest no wifi in City Park are just a few that come to mind.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This digital ticket and new App are the bomb!
I'm enjoying giving away my extra tickets this way. If you have an iPhone you can add your tickets to your Passport App and show this bar code to get in. I just sent another extra ticket to someone via a pic text message.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

2016 Promo
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I'm on-board the Fritz and TD bandwagon. Very impressed with the effort Fritz and his coaches are demonstrating with recruiting, social media, creating a plan for Spring Ball, connecting with lettermen, and visiting alumni groups outside New Orleans - TD and Fritz are working on a visit to Houston in late May! I'm upping my season tickets from 4 to 6 and actually plan on using them this year.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
nawlinspete
Riptide

Anything short of SRO for all home games this season will be a major negative and a bad way to begin our push for P5, especially because we're talking only 23,660 in our joke of a stadium.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Spring ball will actually take place during the SPRING! Spring game is schedule for April. One year CJ finished spring practice before the end of February. Coach Fritz will use all 15 practices.