Football season tickets

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
oliveandblue
Surge

Our student body is not interested in going to the Superdome for a game unless the team is in the top 15. The OCS was necessary. Tulane students are not really sports junkies - and if they are, then it's normally PROFESSIONAL sports that draws their eye.

What isn't necessary is the bad TV angle. What isn't necessary is awful performance from the AD.

Yulman isn't the problem. The people behind the scenes are the problem.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

oliveandblue wrote:Our student body is not interested in going to the Superdome for a game unless the team is in the top 15. The OCS was necessary. Tulane students are not really sports junkies - and if they are, then it's normally PROFESSIONAL sports that draws their eye.

What isn't necessary is the bad TV angle. What isn't necessary is awful performance from the AD.

Yulman isn't the problem. The people behind the scenes are the problem.
Ok so a top 25 Tulane team wouldn't draw in the Dome? Tulane admits students with anti-college football DNA? But yes, the people behind the scenes are the problem.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Got my renewal in the mail. My TAF donation requirement doubled from $125 to $250. For 4 tickets on the Goal Line they want me to pay $1100. 4 tickets in the Superdome was a little over $300 for better seats. I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but at the very least I'm going from 4 tickets to 3. I'm considering just giving them up completely. I'm sorry, but Tulane football in Yulman is not worth $42 per ticket.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Ticket renewals are going quite slow. Tulane is now going to adjust donation requirements in certain seating areas. Unfortunately some big donor pledges (5 year) have already been reneged upon. The new stadium goodwill has gone down the tubes in less than a season. Hopefully winning will turn the tide.
I thought this meant Tulane would be lowering TAF donation level requirements to boost sales. Based on Saders post that apparently isn't the case.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:Got my renewal in the mail. My TAF donation requirement doubled from $125 to $250. For 4 tickets on the Goal Line they want me to pay $1100. 4 tickets in the Superdome was a little over $300 for better seats. I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but at the very least I'm going from 4 tickets to 3. I'm considering just giving them up completely. I'm sorry, but Tulane football in Yulman is not worth $42 per ticket.
I just paid my TAF with baseball tickets. I have tickets up in the Westfeld club with a couple of GB's and I have one in the GB section downstairs.
The ticket downstairs came with a bill for TAF again and a rediculous $15 anynomous fee besides the cost of the ticket. I just wish Tulane ticket office and TAF would get together before pissing fans off that already donated. Because of that I threw it in the trash. This ticket went unused for every game but the GT one last year.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Ticket renewals are going quite slow. Tulane is now going to adjust donation requirements in certain seating areas. Unfortunately some big donor pledges (5 year) have already been reneged upon. The new stadium goodwill has gone down the tubes in less than a season. Hopefully winning will turn the tide.
I thought this meant Tulane would be lowering TAF donation level requirements to boost sales. Based on Saders post that apparently isn't the case.
So did I. Lol. Only at Tulane. I guess I should have asked up or down. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Who would give a nickel to TU athletics in season ticket renewals or TAF donations with a three win season and a fourth ranked recruiting class in state by 247 Sports after LSU ,U La La and La Tech. We are paying CJ by Dickson over a million dollars a year for this with a 20m annual Tulane deficit. crazy.
T1B2TW
High Tide

I don't understand. I received my 2015 ticket and TAF renewal form in the mail this week. I am in the same section/row/seats(2) as last year and my donation and ticket prices did not increase (with a renewal by 05/30) just as Drew Davenport told me when he contacted me. And although there is a "processing fee" of $15 tacked on which wasn't there previously, that small fee is not going stop me from renewing. Other situations may be a factor in that decision eventually however.
sader24
Tsunami

All I know is I paid $800 last year and this year they want $1065.
MicMan
Swell

T1B2TW wrote: And although there is a "processing fee" of $15 tacked on which wasn't there previously, that small fee is not going stop me from renewing.
HAHAHAHA. TU adding 'small fees'! Line up, suckers, to git yer wallets vacuumed! WE BIG TIMEY NOW!!
T1B2TW
High Tide

You know what. I don't ever remember TU charging for mailing your tickets. This is apparently what the processing fee is for. If this is indeed what it is for, then don't complain when they charge for costs that have risen in the last few years. And MicMan, I bet you still have your first communion money.
Forever TU
Surge

The $15 fee is to cover the cost of the nice card stock.
Green Wave
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Got my call earlier this week. Have yet to return it. Plan on renewing tho. Shrug. Thats an odd sign...
Never give up! Never Surrender!

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
Jonathan
Riptide

Will not renew myTAF and Westfelt season tickets until. Rick Dickson is fired. Three wins are unacceptable paying CJ by Dickson over a million dollars a year poor recruiting class in 2015 fourth in state after LSU,U La La and La tech. Yulman will be as empty as the Superdome this coming year.Also another losing season game in Fogelman Arena for another losing conference season after Conroy schedules the usual pre season patsies such as Loyola of New Orleans ,Southern etc.
Jonathan
Riptide

I and many of my friends are not renewing our major TAF donations and season tickets for the poor product Rick Dickson and CJ are delivering,three wins! Fourth in state recruiting and retaining the Prices. I will only support a winning program.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I will not be renewing.. I have also asked my Tulane rep to delete my e mail address and phone number from their records. I will reconsider tickets and donations when and if I can see some type of progress being made in both administration and coaching...until then...one dollah' from my Fathers trust will be donated...not one dime more....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
dpm wave
Swell

Anyone else gone on the website and seen the plethora of season tickets that weren't renewed? A precipitous increase in availability from last year and with lowered TAF donation requirements to boot.

Another 2-9 or 3-8 year will doom CJ and should end RD.
They have really put themselves "all in" by sticking with the Price boys.
Jonathan
Riptide

Amen. Also fourth in the state in recruiting for the last two years by CJ after LSU, U La La and La Tech as per 247 Sports. We should be number two every year. Yulman in the fall will look like the Superdome of old with few Tulane fans until we get rid of Rick Dickson and CJ.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Many people, including myself, bought tickets because of the brand new Stadium. After a 3-9 season, 2-4 home record, and one the worst offenses in college football, the novelty has worn out. This is what happens when you run a program without any accountability and no urgency to fix it.

I made it clear to the ticket rep that I was not renewing my season tickets under these circumstances. The Price brothers should have been fired and I will not offer any financial support to Tulane Athletics until Rick Dickson is gone.
Wave755
Tsunami

The SuperDome was never our problem, 1997 & 1998 are 2 of my favorite years for Wave football, and 1979 was great too, Our real problem is of course no commitment to winning shown in part for both 1979 when we didn't hire Lindy Infante and then gave RichRod the heave hoe in 1998 under the theory, now we have had a winning season let's find a "warm body who will stay."

The student turnout for the Temple game last year was abysmal, only a little more than would have shown up at the Dome. It is all about winning, not venue.

For the last year of Mike Ditka Saints fans couldn't give away pre-season tickets and could only sell regular season tickets below face value with the Saints drawing a real attendance of only a little over 35,000 a game. :x
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

With the current "Leadership ?" in both the Athletic Dept and on the Coaching Staff....Hell has a better chance of freezing, than I have of renewing my tickets.

If Tulane were a publicly trade company, they would have to pay people to own it's stock...what a joke, these clown have become. The more, actually less, I "hear" from Fitts, the more certain I am that SC still lives on campus
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

"What, me worry" ? Ridiculous . You don't like my schedules ? So what ? You don't like my win/loss record ? So what ? You don't like my coaches ? So what ? You don't like my human resources practices ? So what ? You don't like me ? So what ?

I'm here forever ! Ha Ha !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

So this data point officially concludes that prioritizing a <25K OCS was a major, major, major, major mistake.

At least Dickson is already in the planning phase of his next mistake and is still destroying Tulane Athletics while being paid handsomely to do it. So I guess that's the good news.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Seems a good bet that after the second season of Yulman, the stadium will have 8 figures of debt and, given ticket sales estimates, will be cash flow negative on the operations side.

Without question, that would be the doomsday scenario for Yulman Stadium. Too bad nobody could have seen this coming. :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: