Baseball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
glennc
Low Tide

This team is the same as last year. good pitching, but has trouble hitting the ball even if it was as big as a basketball.

Jonathan
Riptide

You are correct. Six years no hitting. Major new blue chip recruits needed.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

We are better,due to coaching and a year of experience, but hitting is still our weakest part of the game and we cannot hit quality pitching.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave wrote:We are better,due to coaching and a year of experience, but hitting is still our weakest part of the game and we cannot hit quality pitching.
I agree we still are a weak hitting team overall. However last weekend we did actually hit their regular Friday and Saturday starters. Their coach made a good move by pitching a guy Thursday who we had trouble w/last year and thereby being able to throw his usual Friday and Saturday guys on full rest. Hopefully what we did then and against Nicholls is a sign of good things to come. Gandolfo has certainly shown significant improvement. Kaplan is also hitting well in the last couple of weeks. Carthon is also showing signs of life at the plate. The team still has time to get better. They get a chance to prove themselves in a league that currently is predicted to have 4 teams in the tourney.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
TUInsiderInfo
Trickle

I am new to this board, but I have followed it for some time now and mostly laughed at 98% of the posts on here because they are generally posted without any real knowledge. Not here to make enemies though..I am a lifelong Tulane fan and I bleed green..With that said, I must ask the board this question...Does anyone here honestly feel confident that Tulane baseball will ever be anywhere close to what it was from say '99-'05 ever again? And if so, what logical reasons could you give me to make me change my mind...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TUInsiderInfo wrote:I am new to this board, but I have followed it for some time now and mostly laughed at 98% of the posts on here because they are generally posted without any real knowledge. Not here to make enemies though..I am a lifelong Tulane fan and I bleed green..With that said, I must ask the board this question...Does anyone here honestly feel confident that Tulane baseball will ever be anywhere close to what it was from say '99-'05 ever again? And if so, what logical reasons could you give me to make me change my mind...
I've felt that way for the last 5 or 6 years and could see it coming. The rules now in college baseball are stacked against a high tuition private school that doesn't much care about winning. We will make a regional or two but getting CWS talent and going to Omaha as a national seed like we did in those days is not very likely.
Tulane Class of 1981
TUInsiderInfo
Trickle

I agree, TU fans get caught up in seeing what the Stanford's, Vandy's and Rice's are doing on a national level and think it is possible for Tulane to do same just because it is an expensive private school. Totally ignoring the fact that those programs have numerous things in place to help get high-level players. Things in place that are not a short snap of the fingers away. Its about depth of talent, this team currently is very talented. It was the 23rd ranked recruiting class for a reason, the best TU has brought in since Katrina. With the current lack of need-based aid, and lofty standards for academic aid, as well as a flat-out laughable "max-amount" someone can receive is the problem(20K is the max, still leaving 40+K). There becomes a lack of depth, an injury or two to a big $ guy and its near impossible to be an elite team. Last year Vandy had 28 players on 93% or more...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Flip through to page 13 and click on the video on the top corner of the page. A very well produced piece by Tulane Communications on David Pierce and the team.
http://www.pageturnpro.com/Progress-Pri ... fault.html
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

A win over LSU would be nice tomorrow (04/21/2015), but a series win over Cincy this upcoming weekend is a MUST to separate Tulane from being the last team in the league.

AAC baseball is very evenly matched this year. There is still much to play for through the end of the year and into the league tournament.

ROLL GREEN WAVE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere