Baseball vs. LSU 3/24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
capwave
High Tide

Out coached, out played, out f***ng everything. Just an absolute train wreck!

Show Me
Tsunami

capwave wrote:Out coached, out played, out f***ng everything. Just an absolute train wreck!
+1
Completely embarrassing.
wavemania
Surge

Have some of you forgot how bad we were last year? None of this should shock you. Just wonder if Andy would have been Gaut's hitting coach if he was hired. Pierce gets 3 years to turn this around. After that, if he can't , will be another bust in RD's hiring regime
Jonathan
Riptide

More than being out coached, LSU players are obviously the best college players in the nation,all potential top major league recruits. Pierce has a long way to go to clear out the poor group of players that we have now and rebuild this program. Hunter Newman blew our pitches out tonight with his performance.
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

wavemania wrote:Have some of you forgot how bad we were last year? None of this should shock you. Just wonder if Andy would have been Gaut's hitting coach if he was hired. Pierce gets 3 years to turn this around. After that, if he can't , will be another bust in RD's hiring regime
Dude we beat LSU 3-2 last year.
Show Me
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:More than out coached. LSU players are the best in the nation, major league recruits. Pierce has a long way to go to clear out the poor group of players that we have now and rebuild this program. Hunter Newman blew ourpitchers out with his performance.
You suck Jonathan worst than Dickson.
Jonathan
Riptide

How many beers have you had tonight? Get a life. I call it as I see it. Using su-k on the board is lewd ,crude and inappropriate at best!
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:How many beers have you had tonight? Get a life. I call it as I see it.
Not enough
MicMan
Swell

How'd that shirt giveaway turn out?
Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote:How'd that shirt giveaway turn out?
Going in the dumpster
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
wavemania wrote:Have some of you forgot how bad we were last year? None of this should shock you. Just wonder if Andy would have been Gaut's hitting coach if he was hired. Pierce gets 3 years to turn this around. After that, if he can't , will be another bust in RD's hiring regime

We were 1-7 v. LSU going into tonight. We were out talented. But yeah let's fire Pierce. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wavetime
Swell

LSU has better talent, period. We made too many mistakes and you can't do that to a top 5 club. We hit 5 batters, made a bad outfield decision and didn't cover first just to name a few.

On the bright side, we threw out 2 batters and ran the bases well. We will get better. I think We have a very good coaching staff and they will get the players they want.

Disappointed, but hopeful.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Every pitcher we threw not named Gibaut was overmatched. We're just not very talented.
My only beef with Pierce is that Sunday he sac bunted Alemais and today he tried to do it with Hope. Just not smart to take the bat out their hands. Only guys on the team that can hit. Another thing that made no sense was in the 5th in a 5-3 ball game he left Rankin in to face a lefty with Gross ready or close to it in the bullpen. Gross has been great against lefties. Rankin gives up a hit to the lefty and Pierce brings in Gross to face a righty. It made no sense to me.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Just keep things in perspective. Coach Pierce's first recruiting class isn't at Tulane yet. Wait until he rebuilds the roster. I have complete confidence he knows what he is doing. That's more than can be said about Clueless CJ and Conmanroy.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:

We were 1-7 v. LSU going into tonight. We were out talented. But yeah let's fire Pierce. :roll:
Dude Guatreaux beat them 3-2. Cannizaro took us to school. Oh yeah one of Rick's former players that wasn't good enough to be our coach. Since you think our former players suck. Losewave.
Last edited by Show Me on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollwave11
High Tide

Profoundwizard wrote:Every pitcher we threw not named Gibaut was overmatched. We're just not very talented.
My only beef with Pierce is that Sunday he sac bunted Alemais and today he tried to do it with Hope. Just not smart to take the bat out their hands. Only guys on the team that can hit. Another thing that made no sense was in the 5th in a 5-3 ball game he left Rankin in to face a lefty with Gross ready or close to it in the bullpen. Gross has been great against lefties. Rankin gives up a hit to the lefty and Pierce brings in Gross to face a righty. It made no sense to me.
I would have liked to see Gross in against the lefty as well, but as far as the pitching staff as a whole goes, we just do not have the depth. I said that was my biggest concern going into the year. Our starters are good but we lack depth in the pen. Outside of Gibaut, Massey, and possibly Rankin we are going to have issues at times. Losing JP France before the season really hurt our depth. Also, you all aren't going to like me saying this but this LSU offense is the best I've seen in college baseball in the last 5 or so years. And I watch a ton of college baseball. They have no holes in their lineup 1-9 and also have 2 or 3 guys on the bench that could start anywhere else. We have 1 former player from their offense coming in next year that will help us tremendously (Jarret DeHart). Going into the game, I said Duester would have to give us 5-6 strong innings only giving up 4-5 runs to have a shot but he didn't have his best outing. I believe we will perform well in conference, and I still think we are a regional team if we continue to get solid starting pitching. We need to get back on track and start out conference with a winning weekend against Connecticut.
Show Me
Tsunami

rollwave11 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:Every pitcher we threw not named Gibaut was overmatched. We're just not very talented.
I would have liked to see Gross in against the lefty as well, but as far as the pitching staff as a whole goes, we just do not have the depth. I said that was my biggest concern going into the year. Our starters are good but we lack depth in the pen. Outside of Gibaut, Massey, and possibly Rankin we are going to have issues at times. Losing JP France before the season really hurt our depth. Also, you all aren't going to like me saying this but this LSU offense is the best I've seen in college baseball in the last 5 or so years. And I watch a ton of college baseball. They have no holes in their lineup 1-9 and also have 2 or 3 guys on the bench that could start anywhere else. We have 1 former player from their offense coming in next year that will help us tremendously (Jarret DeHart). Going into the game, I said Duester would have to give us 5-6 strong innings only giving up 4-5 runs to have a shot but he didn't have his best outing. I believe we will perform well in conference, and I still think we are a regional team if we continue to get solid starting pitching. We need to get back on track and start out conference with a winning weekend against Connecticut.
Lol. 3rd lowest ERA in the country after 24 games. The difference Andy Cannizaro. 4-2 against Southern. Lol
Last edited by Show Me on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wavemania
Surge

Winwave, read the post I said he gets 3 years to turn it around. If he can't do it by then, it would be another bust in the long lines of RD hires. :roll:
Show Me
Tsunami

wavemania wrote:Winwave, read the post I said he gets 3 years to turn it around. If he can't do it by then, it would be another bust in the long lines of RD hires. :roll:
Bingo. The worst home ass wopin by LSU we've had in 20 years.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:
wavemania wrote:Winwave, read the post I said he gets 3 years to turn it around. If he can't do it by then, it would be another bust in the long lines of RD hires. :roll:
We did get 10 run ruled by them in 2013
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Not at home. Wait until we go to BR. it's going to be ugly.
19 hits for LSU. Andy Cannizaro hitting coach.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Yep, at home. http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 13aaa.html
sader24
Tsunami

It's a midweek game for Christ's sakes and Pierce is in his 1st year with someone else's talent. The most disappointing part of tonight is where the entire Athletic Department is currently. I think baseball is on the right path, but where Dickson has our 3 major sports after 15 years is unbelievable.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Show Me wrote:

Yep, at home. http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 13aaa.html
Well good I'm happy now. :roll: