Baseball vs. LSU 3/24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Coach Pierce has a few years to go to get us to the LSU level of talent. Our players are mediocre other than our short stop from the Northeast. Coach Pierce has a long way to go in recruiting to get Tulane back to Omaha and defeating the Tigers.
Last edited by Jonathan on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

I double checked the field between the two stadiums. It is now only 50 yards long w/one end zone on the Wilson end. It lost 15-20 yards as they needed space for the TV and delivery trucks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

LSU is better than :| good. Best in the nation. They are a 10. We are a 4 with our limited talent. We have a long way to go by Coach Pierce in recruiting. Clear out our players and bring in 10s.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
capwave wrote:I have no doubt that Coach Pierce is a good coach and will ultimately get us back to being a top notch college baseball program. It just sucks right now, and I am tired of losing in all sports. It really is amazing at how low our baseball program has fallen.
It always get's like that for baseball. After bad football and MBB people are desperate for winning and so they really up the [pressure on the baseball team. Let's face it no one had expectations this year as evidenced by neither site even doing a prediction poll. We'll be fine.
So sad that your tone is one in which it is a given that FBall and Bball "always" have bad years. Again, I don't know how long I can last, no idea how some of you guys have held on......
rollwave11
High Tide

Our RPI will be fine as long as we win games. The teams that we played in non-conference haven't gotten off to the greatest starts but most have played pretty tough schedules. Most of them will do well in their conference so their RPI's will improve. Ours will improve also if we beat the teams in our conference (UCF,uconn, Houston-2).
Jonathan
Riptide

No way we are getting to the NCAA tournament this year. Pierce has a few years to clear out what we have and bring in blue chip athletes both pitchers and hitters!
51WaveBG
High Tide

70% of the TU players are not even D1 level players. The pitching is average @ best. Most of the hitters are weak @ the plate and less than aggressive. I can't stand to see a batter stand there and take a 3rd strike with the bat on their shoulder. Defense is barely adequate. Coach Pierce has his work cut out for him. He is doing much better than I thought he would with the lack of talent he has to work with. NCAA rules clearly favor the larger state schools with deep pockets. Coach Pierce probably won't be around too long. He is too good a coach to sink in RD's mud pit. Some aggressive AD will rescue him.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

51WaveBG wrote:70% of the TU players are not even D1 level players. The pitching is average @ best. Most of the hitters are weak @ the plate and less than aggressive. I can't stand to see a batter stand there and take a 3rd strike with the bat on their shoulder. Defense is barely adequate. Coach Pierce has his work cut out for him. He is doing much better than I thought he would with the lack of talent he has to work with. NCAA rules clearly favor the larger state schools with deep pockets. Coach Pierce probably won't be around too long. He is too good a coach to sink in RD's mud pit. Some aggressive AD will rescue him.
Is Jonathan utilizing two usernames?

BTW, 5 of the top 25 and 3 of the top 10 are private schools according to D1Baseball. That is consistent with other sports, in fact, the 2014 final FBall poll had 3 private schools and the pre-NCAA tourney top 25 had 7 privates.
tnelly15
Riptide

What did everyone think of Maineri letting Bregman coach 1st base at the end of the game? Bush league or nah?
NewWave
Ripple

Let's see as of today Tulane has the 3rd lowest ERA in the nation and we our tied for 24 in the nation in Home Runs (tied with LSWho by the way but some on here say we have no Talent. Sounds like someone on here who post negativity every time doesn't know talent when he sees it. LSWho has one underclass men starting while tulane had 2 upper class men starting. Have Patience guys the team is making great strides. We have a ton of talent coming in next season. I'm talking upper class men who have played at Texas and n carolina and will help immediately and our sophomores are improving every game. I can't wait for next season
capwave
High Tide

capwave wrote:I have no doubt that Coach Pierce is a good coach and will ultimately get us back to being a top notch college baseball program. It just sucks right now, and I am tired of losing in all sports. It really is amazing at how low our baseball program has fallen.
I want to be clear about something, in no way am I blaming Coach Pierce for where our baseball program is, obviously this is only his first season. And the season is far from over,with conference play just about to begin. If we start playing better there is no reason we shouldnt be able to compete THIS year in the AAC. Me being so down on last nights game wasnt because we lost. This is one of the better LSU teams they have had in a while, but more of how we were dominated in every facet of the game
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

I couldn't care less about one mid-week game. The larger issue is whether Tulane can return to elite status in this sport.

I like the Pierce hire, but will the admin do what is necessary to get Tulane back to regionals, supers, Omaha, etc?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:I couldn't care less about one mid-week game. The larger issue is whether Tulane can return to elite status in this sport.

I like the Pierce hire, but will the admin do what is necessary to get Tulane back to regionals, supers, Omaha, etc?
Didn't I read that Pierce can't even get his son into Tulane? I'm sure that bodes well....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:I couldn't care less about one mid-week game. The larger issue is whether Tulane can return to elite status in this sport.

Didn't I read that Pierce can't even get his son into Tulane? I'm sure that bodes well....
If they don't deliver on promises Pierce will bolt. He's not the type to put up with Tulane BS.
He has a bright future so he wouldn't want to tarnish it here if he realizes he can't get the players in he needs to have success.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

The best thing that could happen for TU is for Pierce to bail after one year. That just might send a message to the administration what a dumpster fire the athletic department is.
dpm wave
Swell

NewWave wrote:Let's see as of today Tulane has the 3rd lowest ERA in the nation and we our tied for 24 in the nation in Home Runs (tied with LSWho by the way but some on here say we have no Talent. Sounds like someone on here who post negativity every time doesn't know talent when he sees it. LSWho has one underclass men starting while tulane had 2 upper class men starting. Have Patience guys the team is making great strides. We have a ton of talent coming in next season. I'm talking upper class men who have played at Texas and n carolina and will help immediately and our sophomores are improving every game. I can't wait for next season
^^^^ this ^^^^
Wave755
Tsunami

NewWave wrote:Let's see as of today Tulane has the 3rd lowest ERA in the nation and we our tied for 24 in the nation in Home Runs (tied with LSWho by the way but some on here say we have no Talent. Sounds like someone on here who post negativity every time doesn't know talent when he sees it. LSWho has one underclass men starting while tulane had 2 upper class men starting. Have Patience guys the team is making great strides. We have a ton of talent coming in next season. I'm talking upper class men who have played at Texas and n carolina and will help immediately and our sophomores are improving every game. I can't wait for next season
Big +1 !!! :D
Jonathan
Riptide

Coach Pierce inherited all our players. He needs to recruit much better ones to get to Omaha. The positive is Tulane athletics probably made over $125,000 last night in both ticket sales and concessions.