Senior Night

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's Senior Night against Houston. We go in as 5 point favorites. Here's to hoping Drye and Hook get a victory in their last home outing.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

Houston is the worst basketball team in the AAC. Tulane is one step ahead of them. Both losers. Conroy for the last 5 years has been unable to recruit blue chip players to Tulane.Fire Conroy.I respect our players and hope for the best for them after graduation.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:Houston is the worst basketball team in the AAC. Tulane is one step ahead of them. Both losers. Conroy for the last 5 years has been unable to recruit blue chip players to Tulane.Fire Conroy.I respect our players and hope for the best for them after graduation.

I literally laughed out loud......
RobertM320
Green Wave

Where's that damn old man and cloud pic when you need it?
ajcalhoun
Swell

You rang?
God Bless Everyone!
JerseyWave
Riptide

The incompetence of Tulane Athletics amazes me. It's mind boggling that Rick Dickson and Ed Conroy and have so much job security.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

So I went to a bar near my office to watch overtime. The bartender goes "who wants to watch this trash?" I noted that I clearly have issues.

Meanwhile, we just lost at home to RPI #270.

Since we don't do the whole accountability thing, glad to know that Dickson and Conroy will keep on collecting those paychecks.

Oh and the bartender felt bad for me and gave me my beer at happy hour price even though I was 15 minutes late. So there's that.... :roll:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:The incompetence of Tulane Athletics amazes me. It's mind boggling that Rick Dickson and Ed Conroy and have so much job security.
This situation long since passed garden variety incompetence. Incompetence happens. This is way beyond that.

Meanwhile there are idiots here trolling me for saying "enough". This is ridiculous. Excited to go back to the office. :evil:
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:The incompetence of Tulane Athletics amazes me. It's mind boggling that Rick Dickson and Ed Conroy and have so much job security.
This situation long since passed garden variety incompetence. Incompetence happens. This is way beyond that.

Meanwhile there are idiots here trolling me for saying "enough". This is ridiculous. Excited to go back to the office. :evil:
You are correct to consider it criminal negligence. A University operating with an annual $20 million deficit continues to give Cowen/Dickson/Conroy a free ride.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

You are correct to consider it criminal negligence. A University operating with an annual $20 million deficit continues to give Cowen/Dickson/Conroy a free ride.
It's not about giving them a free ride. They are all in on it together.
"Play by the Tulane Model, keep your mouth shut about the conditions and you will keep your job with a salary you would not be able to get anywhere else unless or until you hit absolute rock bottom."
I dare anyone to prove that statement is not correct.

Regardless, Tulane will be paying Conroy THROUGH 2017.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Feel bad for our two seniors to go out on such a horrible loss. No doubt he should be fired but everyone knows it's Tulane so he's coming back.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Feel bad for our two seniors to go out on such a horrible loss. No doubt he should be fired but everyone knows it's Tulane so he's coming back.
Which is to say, we don't judge by wins and losses, and on a day where I'm being trolled for being angry about this mass deception and across the board failure of epic proportions.

Tulane alumni are pathetic for allowing this charade to continue. The emperor, who seems very much to be pulling some strings, is still not wearing any clothes. Would we yet know about the deficit if it weren't for Fitts' conscience?

:evil: :evil: :evil:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Two good seniors there. It's too bad they couldn't experience the success we all would want for them.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Kelvin Sampson on one bench. EC on the other. Nuff said.
Jonathan
Riptide

Please everyone on this board send an email now to Rick Dickson telling him how bad Conroy is after his disasterous previous choices of Finney and Dickerson. And these last five losing seasons. Since Perry Clark, we have not had a NCAA tournament invite in 20 years. Fire Conroy now. The problem with Rick Dickson,unlike former TU AD's like Kevin White, if you do not give Tulane over $100,000 a year and Dickson will not return your calls or emails. Sad but true.
msdos
Swell

We'll go to the tournament, win 1 game, maybe. Finish at .500. But is it really .500? I mean, one of those teams is a fucking NAIA team.

Conference tourney done, we'll sit by our computers and wait. Wait for news, is today the day? Is he fired today? March Madness will start, still no word on Conroy. Meanwhile baseball does well, Conroy starts to leave our radar. Before you know it, Football is rolling around the corner. Conroy still your basketball coach.

Basketball press conferences start, "we're really excited this year, we've got so many returning!" We play a soft schedule and wind up 10-2 before conference! Man, maybe Conroy has turned a corner! Conference starts, we'll win a couple before we completely implode. exactly 365 days from now we're having the same conversations we're having now.

and so it continues.
cajunfanatico
Swell

The Pierce hire alone will be enough for TPTB to say, "see, Dickson's doing a fine job, give him a raise and an extension as well".
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

msdos wrote:We'll go to the tournament, win 1 game, maybe. Finish at .500. But is it really .500? I mean, one of those teams is a f**cking NAIA team.

Conference tourney done, we'll sit by our computers and wait. Wait for news, is today the day? Is he fired today? March Madness will start, still no word on Conroy. Meanwhile baseball does well, Conroy starts to leave our radar. Before you know it, Football is rolling around the corner. Conroy still your basketball coach.

Basketball press conferences start, "we're really excited this year, we've got so many returning!" We play a soft schedule and wind up 10-2 before conference! Man, maybe Conroy has turned a corner! Conference starts, we'll win a couple before we completely implode. exactly 365 days from now we're having the same conversations we're having now.

and so it continues.
I agree w/your scenario. However the only way we win a couple early in conference is if the conference schedule sets up like this year where we open w/the other 4 bottom teams. The lesson a lot of people need to learn s that all wins are not created equal.
swampnik
Surge

Team just couldn't find a way to win at home tbis season. (hoodoo spell on Devlin or what)?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jonathan wrote:Please everyone on this board send an email now to Rick Dickson telling him how bad Conroy is after his disasterous previous choices of Finney and Dickerson. And these last five losing seasons. Since Perry Clark, we have not had a NCAA tournament invite in 20 years. Fire Conroy now. The problem with Rick Dickson,unlike former TU AD's like Kevin White, if you do not give Tulane over $100,000 a year and Dickson will not return your calls or emails. Sad but true.
No ones going to bother. Heck, the media opened the door on the 20M deficit with that article in The Advocate. I immediately posted that we start by firing Cowen and getting rid of his $900K a year salary, and replace the Board. You know how many other people followed up my comment? NO ONE.

If we don't take every opportunity to let the media and the general public and the school as a whole know that status quo is NOT acceptable, then we're effectively saying it IS acceptable.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Checkout #7 in ESPN's Top 10 plays
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Kelvin Sampson on one bench. EC on the other. Nuff said.
If I remember correctly, Kelvin had a total of 7 shollie players on the roster, the rest are walk on's...clearly EC has to go, I have seen better coaching at the High School level... EC recruits one type of player,than installs a system that does not match the "talent" he has recruited. This team should have never played Man Defense..this was/is a team that should have used a two-three or a one-two-two match up zone...on offense Tulane should Have paid Pete Carrill, if he is still living to come and teach the Princeton motion offense, if Mr Carill has passed, than get as many game tapes of Princeton as U can... EC is not a division one HC and the man who thought he was/is,needs to be fired with him
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The roster is full of undersized kids. Every game we have a ton of our shots blocked, shoot 33% and miss a ton of FT's. The only games we won are the ones where our defense forced turnovers and led to easy baskets. We have one guy one the roster that can create his own shot ( Dabney) but unfortunately it gets blocked unless he gets fouled. It doesn't take a genius to see that we would win 14 or 15 games with this roster in this league. The exact same thing will happen next season. We'll go 10-2 in non conf and win about 4 or 5 conf games next year if nothing changes. You get the true picture over a 30 game schedule. We just don't have the lenght needed to have success in this league. We have a CUSA mid level talent wise team. I don't see anything changing either.
Tulane Class of 1981
TXWave88
Surge

winwave wrote:Kelvin Sampson on one bench. EC on the other. Nuff said.
This is almost every game we play in conference. Just fill in the blank of the opposing head coach.

This year's team is that type of team that you know wouldn't have much success in conference, but you really wanted to get behind them as they do work hard. But with EC at the helm, you just knew that if there was a chance to make some run, it would be squashed by subpar coaching.

How about that last possession to end the game? Down by 3 with 30 seconds left. Run the clock down to 15 seconds. Call a timeout. The play we go with is to run isolation at top of the key for a step back three??? This is not a hindsight comment. This is what everyone must have been thinking. Either EC designed this (which is bad) or he had no confident in our players to do anything else (which is bad).

The commentators all night were talking about how this league is wide open the next couple years. They talked about a talented young Tulane team. Did not mention the coach at all. WHen they talked about Houston, all they did was talk about how the coach would make them better. It was obvious what the commentators thought about Tulane Basketball.
Show Me
Tsunami

Kelvin Sampson lost to EC as well. So that doesn't prove anything. Rick Dickson needs to go before anything. He's still carrying a VB coach that went 5-27 and Conroy is at best a .400 winning % coach or mediocre.