Senior Night

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TXWave88 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The JC thing has always puzzled me as a Tulane fan and graduate. Tulane penalizes it's coaches when it comes to its internal rules on this subject. Any and all football coaches face the same restrictions. Tulane doesn't give credit for most courses taken on a JC level. When I was in school tuition was reasonable, academic rankings were much higher, we allowed JC's and we won in all sports. Went to two bowl games in back to back years and that was before everyone went to a bowl like it is now.
As with everything else with Cowen, he never changes his mind even after there is substantial evidence that he was wrong. The anti-JC route hasn't helped academically and has hurt athletically and yet we still say "never".
To me, it sounds like someone wanting to get their name on the street to be 1 thing, but the rankings are in the tank. It is all talk to stray you away from the real problem. Are there any studies that would support the impact of JUCO students. When it comes to athletics, why are our standards higher than every school that is ranked above us academically? (not sure if that is 100% true, but there are several in there)
Great questions. I don't have the data, but I can already tell you what the answer is (admitting JUCOS no impact, and yet better athletics has big impact). In fact, the data is going to show that even if you have mega scandals, you still don't really fall in the rankings as far as Tulane has under Cowen (see USC and UNC). So yeah it's a moronic and insane policy.

Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

It really makes no sense whatsoever, especially when we already have a continuing studies school with open admissions.

TU really needs a kinesiology degree program and immediate JUCO help for men's basketball and football.
Jonathan
Riptide

What we really need is a new athletic director. Someone who will hire high quality men's basketball and football coaches to get us to the top 25 every year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote:LSU signs 3 JUCO's.
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/20 ... _2015.html
That's baseball, we can get JUCO's in baseball