UNO at Tulane BB Wed is free for woman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane has a promotion for every home game this season. Wed ladies get in free and and $2 drinks for all before the first pitch.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Why do we want to play UNO? What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAAC tournament?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Why do we want to play UNO? What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAAC tournament?
We've played UNO every year for the last 40 years except when they went DIII for a year or so.
Playing them once or twice is fine. Not anything more.
Tulane Class of 1981
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

Jonathan wrote:Why do we want to play UNO? What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAAC tournament?
Because they're UNO.
Jonathan
Riptide

I hate Ron Maestri. What he did to Rick Jones and the Tulane baseball team just after Katrina when he ruled Zephyr Field where we were forced to play there was a travesty. . I also despise him when he was on the NCAA selection committee and he basically black balled Tulane not allowing them into the NCAA tournament even though we had the record to be there. Do any of you remember these two problems? UNO has dropped from the lowly Sunbelt conference to the lower Southland conference. What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAA tournament?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:I hate Ron Maestri. What he did to Rick Jones and the Tulane baseball team just after Katrina when he ruled Zephyr Field where we were forced to play there was a travesty. . I also despise him when he was on the NCAA selection committee and he basically black balled Tulane not allowing them into the NCAA tournament even though we had the record to be there. Do any of you remember these two problems? UNO has dropped from the lowly Sunbelt conference to the lower Southland conference. What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAA tournament?
Best way to get back is beat them. LSU, ULL, SELA and most of the other teams around here play UNO. Just have to take care of business. UNO last year beat both ULL and Tulane.
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I hate Ron Maestri. What he did to Rick Jones and the Tulane baseball team just after Katrina when he ruled Zephyr Field where we were forced to play there was a travesty. . I also despise him when he was on the NCAA selection committee and he basically black balled Tulane not allowing them into the NCAA tournament even though we had the record to be there. Do any of you remember these two problems? UNO has dropped from the lowly Sunbelt conference to the lower Southland conference. What does that do for our RPI to get back to the NCAA tournament?
Best way to get back is beat them. LSU, ULL, SELA and most of the other teams around here play UNO. Just have to take care of business. UNO last year beat both ULL and Tulane.
Ron Maestri -- the best thing for him to do (for all concerned) is RETIRE for GOOD!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Dave breslin
Swell

Just win!! We can't play only top 10 teams. Playing local instate teams are a good thing for the fans, maybe not the RPI. But just WIN and all else will take care of itself. If you beat us we will take our ball and go home. That's a Joe Dean motto. Should be on his headstone
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Too bad the weather is going to be terrible my wife told me she is not going out in this.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Too bad the weather is going to be terrible my wife told me she is not going out in this.
Right now, at 3:30 p.m., from my office in the CBD I can see Uptown really getting pounded with rain.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Too bad the weather is going to be terrible my wife told me she is not going out in this.
Right now, at 3:30 p.m., from my office in the CBD I can see Uptown really getting pounded with rain.
If we can't play it tonight we probably won't get UNO to make it up.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

LSU vs. SLU Postponed to Thursday. We are still not cancelled as of now for tonight. Weather Channel still showing rain ending @ 5:00 p.m. and then returning @ 10:00 p.m., but we all know how unreliable those people are for their predictions?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:LSU vs. SLU Postponed to Thursday. We are still not cancelled as of now for tonight. Weather Channel still showing rain ending @ 5:00 p.m. and then returning @ 10:00 p.m., but we all know how unreliable those people are for their predictions?
Teams usually take BP and infield an hour or two before the game. So if UNO busses over we'll get it in. Playing on Thurs would be fine but I doubt UNO would go for that.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

But which woman is it free for? ;)
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:LSU vs. SLU Postponed to Thursday. We are still not cancelled as of now for tonight. Weather Channel still showing rain ending @ 5:00 p.m. and then returning @ 10:00 p.m., but we all know how unreliable those people are for their predictions?
Teams usually take BP and infield an hour or two before the game. So if UNO busses over we'll get it in. Playing on Thurs would be fine but I doubt UNO would go for that.
A big mess Uptown, I can see it still really coming down over there. So, it will be a close call for tonight if batting practice is to begin @ 5:30 p.m.?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
So lsu moved their game, what's their problem? This after he complained about some teams not wanting to play low rpi schools.
Its more of a steady drizzle uptown but freezing.
Wave755
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
So lsu moved their game, what's their problem? This after he complained about some teams not wanting to play low rpi schools.
Its more of a steady drizzle uptown but freezing.
44 degrees right now (feels like 37 degrees), Wind NNW 15 mph, gusts to 22 mph. Not exactly my idea of ideal baseball weather? Looks like no date tonight for TPS, he will go stag! :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We are playing tonight 6:30pm I just spoke to the ticket office. They rec'd an email a 1/2 hour ago telling them the game will be played tonight. Going stag! Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good. Kick their asses again.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

UNO made a mistake hiring Maestri back. They should have hired a young coach.
Maestri is overpaid as well....something like 120K, which is more than UNO needs to pay for a baseball coach.
GreenLantern
Riptide

4-0 Wave...top of the 8th...
GreenLantern
Riptide

UNO leaves two runners on base in top of 8th...
still 4-0 Wave as they take the field
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane strands one as the game moves to the top of the 9th...
Still Tulane 4-UNO-0
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane turns a dbl-play. Need one more out... no runners on base.
GreenLantern
Riptide

SO...ends the inning and the game...Wave win 4-0...

How 'bout that Wave?