Allstate Sugar Bowl Women's Golf Classic starts this weekend

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Golf Classic starts this weekend At English Turn hosted by Tulane.

The Greenbackers (myself included) will be cooking for the practice round on Saturday for the teams and their coaches.
For all you golf enthusiasts out there, you may want to go out to English Turn this coming Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
Tulane will be hosting some of the most talented women golfers in the country.
The tournament runs from Sunday through Tuesday.

Good luck to the Wave in the tournament.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

How did the Saturday practice round go today? I hope we have nice weather through Tuesday.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jonathan wrote:How did the Saturday practice round go today? I hope we have nice weather through Tuesday.
Projection is for rain, rain, and rain.
Jonathan
Riptide

Bad news rain! We need to work through it and cut down hopefully to two day rounds if necessary. How did the out of town teams like your Greenbacker hospitality?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Bad news rain! We need to work through it and cut down hopefully to two day rounds if necessary. How did the out of town teams like your Greenbacker hospitality?
Fantastic! UCLA the fav.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I see where the UCLA Lady Bruins are ranked 4th in the nation. They have a photo of the English Turn Country Club on their website. I would love to have a home and home series against them in baseball.
dpm wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:UCLA the fav.
Ya think :shock:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:UCLA the fav.
Ya think :shock:
Nice. I met most of them today. Nice ladies!
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

Very attractive young ladies there and they can play golf? The best in the country? Wow!
dpm wave
Swell

Tulane played with UCLA and MS. St. today and for most of the day dominated them.

Gemma really struggled on the back 9 (+8) and Tulane will end the day in 2nd.
Emily is just one shot of the individual lead.

Not sure why they didn't just go ahead and play 36 holes today.
Forecast not looking good for the next 2 days.
Jonathan
Riptide

Can someone email the Sports Editor of both the Advocate and Times Picayune. I do not see the large coverage of this great event particularly with LSU and Tulane in it with the best ladies golf teams in the nation. UCLA at number 4. I need to move to LA with those beautiful ladies. Really glad to see our former coach JT Horton back with Clemson. I really like him also like Karen,the LSU A&M coach, a sweetheart! I put her in the class with former LSU baseball coach Skip Bertman! How did LSU do today? Looks like LSU leading at number 1,Tulane 2 and UCLA 3 Vandy 4 first day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Can someone email the Sports Editor of both the Advocate and Times Picayune. I do not see the large coverage of this great event particularly with LSU and Tulane in it with the best ladies golf teams in the nation. UCLA at number 4. I need to move to LA with those beautiful ladies. Really glad to see our former coach JT Horton back with Clemson. I really like him also like Karen,the LSU A&M coach, a sweetheart! I put her in the class with former LSU baseball coach Skip Bertman! How did LSU do today? Looks like LSU leading at number 1,Tulane 2 and UCLA 3 Vandy 4 first day.
You're blind.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I read that earlier. Where is the New Orleans Advocate seven day a week coverage ? Hopefully in their newspaper tomorrow. ? Not the three day a week coverage by the TP. No one subscribes or reads the TP anymore. It it owned and printed now out of state. I wonder if they pay Tammy a salary or just a fee for how many words that she writes. It is not a daily or local newspaper. All of its best editors,reporters and staff have moved to the Advocate. I cancelled my subscription of 50 years and moved to the Advocate. I do not watch local TV news/sports. I hope that the three locals stations were out today,Monday and Tuesday to cover.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jonathan
Riptide

Thanks for your post and update. No rain so far!
dpm wave
Swell

Tied for the lead at the turn!! :shock:
Had been about 10 shots back but the ladies are really gutting it out.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I was pocking around after seeing the UCLA photo. Our roster of six players is basically the smallest I have seen. Also, it's amazing how many asian americans make up the best squad's, I had no idea the game was so prevalent for Asian American women, I knew international asian players dominate the LPGA but I didn't know there was such a push with americans of asian dissent. Our largely international team is somewhat unique......and please no racial responses, these are just observations.

Nice job ladies!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

before everyone begins jumping up and down for Joy and then begins to feel Mary.... this tournament does not end until Tuesday afternoon
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Does anyone else here hear Abe Simpson's voice when they read Jonathan's posts?
God Bless Everyone!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:before everyone begins jumping up and down for Joy and then begins to feel Mary.... this tournament does not end until Tuesday afternoon
Ya but the top 3 have really separated themselves
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:before everyone begins jumping up and down for Joy and then begins to feel Mary.... this tournament does not end until Tuesday afternoon
not sure about separation.. I look for Arizona, Vandy, Florida and Texas to be very close to the leaders when all scores are posted
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
not sure about separation.. I look for Arizona, Vandy, Florida and Texas to be very close to the leaders when all scores are posted
Not sure how you can say that, golfnut. Ariz and Florida are already done today at +20 and +22 for two days. Vandy and Texas are +15 and +16 TODAY, with only a couple holes left. Both are at +21 or worse. Top three teams are at +7, +9, +9 for two days, with 4-5 holes left. I would call that separation.

Now how they finish tomorrow is anyones guess, but right now its a 3 team race.

EDIT: Arizona, Vandy, Florida and Texas are all now done for the day. At +20, +22, +24, +26 for two days.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Not sure how you can say that, golfnut. Ariz and Florida are already done today at +20 and +22 for two days. Vandy and Texas are +15 and +16 TODAY, with only a couple holes left. Both are at +21 or worse. Top three teams are at +7, +9, +9 for two days, with 4-5 holes left. I would call that separation.

EDIT: Arizona, Vandy, Florida and Texas are all now done for the day. At +20, +22, +24, +26 for two days.
I do not think you are reading the scoreboard correctly.... the top three teams of 7-9-9 are for the FIRST day only...you still have to add their second day scores
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

I do not think you are reading the scoreboard correctly.... the top three teams of 7-9-9 are for the FIRST day only...you still have to add their second day scores
No, the first column, the "to par" one, is cumulative for both days and is constantly changed. The column marked "today" is today's score. LSU was -4 on day one, and +16 currently on day two, for a +12 total. Tulane was +3 yesterday and +9 today for a +12 total. Currently tied for second with LSU, one stroke behind UCLA, with only a couple of holes left today. Eight strokes ahead of 4th place Arizona.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Round 2 completed.

1. LSU +12
2T. Tulane +13
2T. UCLA +13
4. Arizona +20
5. Florida +22
6. Vanderbilt +24
7. Texas +26
All others +32 or higher