Early season baseball power rating

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Robert1969
Riptide

Warren Nolan Power Index has Tulane tied for #32.
LSU #157

Enjoy!

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/npi

Robert1969
Riptide

Tulane RPI is #60

LSU #156

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/rpi
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

San Fran is #242. So we need a sweep. Too early at this stage but I'll take it. UNO 1-3 is in the top 10 and we play them two games next week. Miss St is the only SEC team ranked in the top 50.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Surprised our SOS isn't much higher. I know Pepperdine and SELA aren't the same teams as last year but they are good programs and we played all of them on the road.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Surprised our SOS isn't much higher. I know Pepperdine and SELA aren't the same teams as last year but they are good programs and we played all of them on the road.
These rating are completely worthless right now.
IM42lane
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:Surprised our SOS isn't much higher. I know Pepperdine and SELA aren't the same teams as last year but they are good programs and we played all of them on the road.
True, but that should shut 'em up in Red Stick for now!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
True, but that should shut 'em up in Red Stick for now!
Losing to Nichols St AT HOME is never worthless no matter when it occurs.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:San Fran is #242. So we need a sweep. Too early at this stage but I'll take it. UNO 1-3 is in the top 10 and we play them two games next week. Miss St is the only SEC team ranked in the top 50.
Only one SEC team in the top 50 as far as RPI, but somehow 9 of the top 30 ranked teams are in the SEC. SEC bias is everywhere.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:San Fran is #242. So we need a sweep. Too early at this stage but I'll take it. UNO 1-3 is in the top 10 and we play them two games next week. Miss St is the only SEC team ranked in the top 50.
Only one SEC team in the top 50 as far as RPI, but somehow 9 of the top 30 ranked teams are in the SEC. SEC bias is everywhere.
Robert, seriously we are 4 games into a 56 game season. I don't disagree that there is a bias but come on these rating mean nothing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
Yep. When they start playing each other in conf watch their RPI's soar. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

The conference is 39-7 so far, their RPI's will (and frankly should be) high soon enough. I mean they have had a team in the championship game for 7 straight years. Should they get ten teams in the tourney, of course not, but they hold so much power with the NCAA cronies.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

The conference is 39-7 so far, their RPI's will (and frankly should be) high soon enough. I mean they have had a team in the championship game for 7 straight years. Should they get ten teams in the tourney, of course not, but they hold so much power with the NCAA cronies.
Most pad their non conf schedules with home series'. LSU would never schedule a road non conf series like Pepperdine. They only play away in the MM tourney in Texas vs 3 different teams. No road series once again this year. They always claim the SEC schedule is all they need to boost their RPI.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Robert, seriously we are 4 games into a 56 game season. I don't disagree that there is a bias but come on these rating mean nothing.
I wasn't being serious about the rankings. Maybe sarcastic. But I do think it is kind of ridiculous at any point in the season. I would bet if you took the 12 AAC teams and put them in SEC uniforms and had them play each other, people would rank 6-7 schools in the top 25. I'm not saying the schools in the SEC don't have good teams, but its the same thing we dealt with in the 80's with the California schools. You'd see California teams with a 13-11 record ranked while a 22-3 Tulane or UNO team were barely getting votes. And the excuse BA and Collegiate Baseball had was that they were playing a lot of ranked teams. Yes, a lot of mediocre California schools playing each other proved nothing. As for SEC getting a team into the championship game 7 years in a row, I guess if 8-9 of the 64 teams in the tourney are from the SEC, the odds are pretty good one is going to make it to the end.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
I wasn't being serious about the rankings. Maybe sarcastic. But I do think it is kind of ridiculous at any point in the season. I would bet if you took the 12 AAC teams and put them in SEC uniforms and had them play each other, people would rank 6-7 schools in the top 25. I'm not saying the schools in the SEC don't have good teams, but its the same thing we dealt with in the 80's with the California schools. You'd see California teams with a 13-11 record ranked while a 22-3 Tulane or UNO team were barely getting votes. And the excuse BA and Collegiate Baseball had was that they were playing a lot of ranked teams. Yes, a lot of mediocre California schools playing each other proved nothing. As for SEC getting a team into the championship game 7 years in a row, I guess if 8-9 of the 64 teams in the tourney are from the SEC, the odds are pretty good one is going to make it to the end.
Yes plus they all host for the most part.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I agree, Pepperdine has a whole lot of players back from a SuperRegional team. SELA was a tournament team. The SOS is a head scratch-er.

By the way, check out Rice's pre-conference schedule, it's loaded!

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-basebl ... sched.html
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

Four games into the season these ratings mean nothing. Why would you post. The three game series with SanFrancisco this weekend even if we sweep will drag our RPI down as they are the worst team in the nation. Why would Coach Pierce schedule them?
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Four games into the season these ratings mean nothing. Why would you post. The three game series with SanFrancisco this weekend even if we sweep will drag our RPI down as they are the worst team in the nation. Why would Coach Pierce schedule them?
Did he actually make the schedule?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
I agree, Pepperdine has a whole lot of players back from a SuperRegional team. SELA was a tournament team. The SOS is a head scratch-er.

By the way, check out Rice's pre-conference schedule, it's loaded!

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-basebl ... sched.html
Rice did load it up. I guess w/the conference being so week they figure they had to do that to get where they want to go.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Four games into the season these ratings mean nothing. Why would you post. The three game series with SanFrancisco this weekend even if we sweep will drag our RPI down as they are the worst team in the nation. Why would Coach Pierce schedule them?
Did he actually make the schedule?
WestCoast newspaper coverage is never a bad thing in College Baseball.... just remember that San Fran played, Texas Tech, a top 5 rated program, to open the season on the road... Tulane cannot take any series lightly....hell last year people asked, why the hell did you schedule Tulane, they are terrible
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Fact: SF is NOT the worst team in the nation. In fact, they've moved up since this thread started. They are now #235, and there's over 260 teams in the rankings. :stfu: :lol:
breaker
Ripple

The San Francisco series is a return for us getting to play in the tourney at AT&T park last year w Cal, USF and one other team. We could not have gotten in that tourney without the help of Scott Sidwell, but I am guessing this series was part of the negotiated deal.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I will say it again. We need to sweep this series to get any respect. Sadly the respect is only good for another week. Coach Pierce I would love to see a West Coast home and home series with UCLA, Cal Fullerton,Stanford and the University of Southern California(USC)!.Also from the state of Florida ,Florida State,Florida and Miami. What about Georgia Tech ,Duke and Alabama?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston has won their series over Bama.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane now 31. Highest NPI in Louisiana.
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2015/npi
Last edited by tpstulane on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane Class of 1981