Tulane men's basketball v Central Florida 6 pm Central. ESP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Should be a win tonight as Central Florida is not very good. We need to keep the intensity going from the Cincinnati game.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Shawn Finney back in the house.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Shawn Finney back in the house.
ROLL WAVE --- Beat Finney!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Should be a win tonight as Central Florida is not very good. We need to keep the intensity going from the Cincinnati game.
Tulane really should WIN this one ... NO EXCUSES!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

We gave this game away at UCF earlier this season. Stark had 2 FTs with like 3 seconds left in a tie game and missed both of them. No game in the American is a given for us. We will need to work hard to win. I don't think we've blown out anyone in conference play. If we could win by 10-15 points, I would be ecstatic.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I missed most of the game, but just tuned in only to find we're getting beat by 14 by a lousy UCF team.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Eaglewave
Swell

Last edited by Eaglewave on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Sumrall!
Profoundwizard
Swell

All is well guys. Conroy is a keeper
Robert1969
Riptide

That's just bad. We should never have lost to UCf.
Jonathan
Riptide

This game at home Conroy should have won. I was excited after the Cincy win. But now we will have a losing conference season and Rick Dickson will arrange a $60,000 pay to play tournament game like last year. Get rid of Dickson and Conroy and hire a young SMU Larry Brown coach for a $1m to $2m a year. Get us to the top 25 and deep into the NCAA tournament every year. UCF is a terrible team but I guess we are worst!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Our best offensive player played a total of 18 minutes. :beathead:

UCF's RPI going in was 219.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote:All is well guys. Conroy is a keeper
I mean you joke about that, but Dickson will pay to get into that loser tournament and the official university position will be to declare that not only is every thing all well, but 3 straight postseason appearances is a sign of great success.
Jonathan
Riptide

You are a hundred percent correct and Dickson will extend Conroy's contract and give him a salary increase like Toledo.
DrBox
Riptide

Absolutely inexcusable effort.
ajcalhoun
Swell

One step forward, two steps back.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:One step forward, two steps back.
+1
No defense whatsoever. UCF had mostly uncontested shots all night. They hit 12 of 20 from 3pt land. All around the most disappointing game of the year. Prior to tonight UCF a had only one road win this season. I guess we go to UCONN and win there. :cry:
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Our offense is horrid. It continues to set a record for futility w/its 7th straight game unable to score more than 55. This one was against the worst defense in the conference.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

We have lost six of the last seven conference games. Defeating Central Florida at home should have been a given.
swampnik
Surge

Lou Dabnye is really in a sluuuump! That is a major problem of late for the team as a whole. CEC should tell "O Man" to just start taking all the shots he can. I believe Dylan currently has (last 7 games), the hightest % on FG's on the team?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Wave755
Tsunami

Beat Memphis & Cincinnati on the road & lose to UCF @ Devlin, what a bizarre season? But, I will take it in place of what I thought would be a season of blowout after blowout for the AAC schedule. And, yes, just about all of our in coming recruits are top 50 players, a testament to the AAC, so Conroy and Dickson have no excuses for next year.
Jonathan
Riptide

As we all know Memphis and Cincy are not close to the Calipari or Huggins teams of old. They are both struggling with low level coaches and recruits like Tulane. Dickson and Conroy need to go now!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

swampnik wrote:Lou Dabnye is really in a sluuuump! That is a major problem of late for the team as a whole. CEC should tell "O Man" to just start taking all the shots he can. I believe Dylan currently has (last 7 games), the hightest % on FG's on the team?
He's not that good to begin with and the offense is so horrid that he (nor anyone else) gets good looks.
JerseyWave
Riptide

The bar has been set very low from four years of terrible recruiting. Conroy's fault! This makes road wins over Memphis and Cincinnati more impressive thanks to Jonathan Stark's heroics. Anyone on the roster from California should give up their spot to better talent that Conroy's revised coaching staff is recruiting.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jonathan wrote:As we all know Memphis and Cincy are not close to the Calipari or Huggins teams of old. They are both struggling with low level coaches and recruits like Tulane. Dickson and Conroy need to go now!
Cincinnati's RPI rank is 55.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:As we all know Memphis and Cincy are not close to the Calipari or Huggins teams of old. They are both struggling with low level coaches and recruits like Tulane. Dickson and Conroy need to go now!
Cincinnati's RPI rank is 55.
29 before we beat them.
Tulane Class of 1981