Football Spring Practice

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Eaglewave
Swell

sader24 wrote:I can't wait to let my season ticket rep know I'm reducing my number of season tickets b/c I'm following our head coach's lead in reducing our number of practices. One of his more idiotic and flat out insulting to the season ticket holder moves I've seen. Get your a$$ out there and earn your paycheck. Maybe they'll cut the ticket prices by the same % he's cutting our practices.
Agreed.

Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote:
sader24 wrote:I can't wait to let my season ticket rep know I'm reducing my number of season tickets b/c I'm following our head coach's lead in reducing our number of practices. One of his more idiotic and flat out insulting to the season ticket holder moves I've seen. Get your a$$ out there and earn your paycheck. Maybe they'll cut the ticket prices by the same % he's cutting our practices.
Agreed.
I think CJ had a parade to prepare for, and the PRICEless Bros have important Tennis match with RD.... they seem to have their priorities in order
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

How do they expect anyone to support this program. CJ is running a circus. My hope was that he would get rid of the Price Brothers. My hope now is that CJ is gone. This is unacceptable! Our family has already made the decision not to renew our season tickets. I am right back to where I was with Toledo.....Just don't care and will not waste my time to go watch a bunch of garbage. I am absolutely disgusted! Where the hell is the accountability!!! Where is the TULANE BOARD? We all know RD won't do anything!
Bigschtick
Riptide

You speak great truth Sir. Johnson has done great damage to football program
which I will not support until he is gone.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Heard no practice Tuesday and Thursday. So instead of canceling 4 practices it's down to two.
OGSB
Swell

Show Me wrote:Heard no practice Tuesday and Thursday. So instead of canceling 4 practices it's down to two.
It was never 4, but they're saying on the other board that the report is false anyway.
Livin' rent free
Show Me
Tsunami

OGSB wrote:
Show Me wrote:Heard no practice Tuesday and Thursday. So instead of canceling 4 practices it's down to two.
It was never 4, but they're saying on the other board that the report is false anyway.
Old Ted Lewis said 4 than 2.
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... on-remains
Tulane coach Curtis Johnson is so pleased with his team’s efforts in spring practice that he’s canceled the last four days of the 15 days allowed to the Green Wave.
Just kidding.

He’s only going to cut out the last two after using the first two this week primarily for special teams.
Show Me
Tsunami

That's old. Came out last month.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote:
That's old. Came out last month.
Obviously, but the according to yoggies it is being followed and would result in 15 practices.
OGSB
Swell

Assuming the report was wrong, I'm of 2 thoughts:

1 - happy to be wrong

2 - our troubles seem to be deeper than 2 practices anyway

But hey, maybe I'm wrong on thought 2 as well
Livin' rent free
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad CJ heard us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

OGSB wrote:Assuming the report was wrong, I'm of 2 thoughts:

1 - happy to be wrong

I cam away very discouraged by the spring game. 7 wins would be an enormous task based on the talent, size and coaching....and I hope I am very very wrong.

The game still seems too fast for Lee as he stares down his reads so badly. I htink the staff might just run the ball and throw dump offs in attempt to give the D a chance to win games. Might be our only hope.

As noted, it is criminal that the former WR coach for our local NFL team has not signed more of the high end WR talent. That alone is a huge red flag.
IM42lane
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
OGSB wrote:Assuming the report was wrong, I'm of 2 thoughts:

1 - happy to be wrong

I cam away very discouraged by the spring game. 7 wins would be an enormous task based on the talent, size and coaching....and I hope I am very very wrong.

The game still seems too fast for Lee as he stares down his reads so badly. I think the staff might just run the ball and throw dump offs in attempt to give the D a chance to win games. Might be our only hope.

As noted, it is criminal that the former WR coach for our local NFL team has not signed more of the high end WR talent. That alone is a huge red flag.
Does anyone know if Lee plans on making an appearance at the Manning Passing Academy this summer?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

I came away very discouraged by the spring game. 7 wins would be an enormous task based on the talent, size and coaching....and I hope I am very very wrong.

I'm slightly more optimistic, but I see 5-7/4-8 as a likely outcome for 2015. The offense should be marginally improved and the defense is decent. Still, the coaching is obviously very suspect and the schedule is a bit much for the program at this point.
sader24
Tsunami

4-8/5-7 would be a major disappointment for 2015. This was supposed to be setting up to be an 8 or 9 win year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:4-8/5-7 would be a major disappointment for 2015. This was supposed to be setting up to be an 8 or 9 win year.
Sader... as much as I would like to 8 or 9 wins, I just do not see it happening... Houston and Tulsa have made a huge upgrade in Coaching, and lets be honest, Tulane really does not have better players than either of those two programs but are light years ahead in the Coaching Staff category.. I see 4 wins max and that will be a stretch...but like I said, 2016 should be "citin' ( 'citin' as quoted by the late Vince Gibson) ....it always is when there's a new Coach in town
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

I don't think anyone expected morale to be so low in 2015. This is horrible.
Ball Sumrall!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Ted Lewis trolled us hard.

People were practically calling for CJ's head here.
God Bless Everyone!
sader24
Tsunami

Well, judging from Spring Game reports maybe we should be calling for his head whether he has the extra 2 practices or not. If this team looks like the Circus they looked like last year in this season, the calls for his head will get loud rather quick.
Bigschtick
Riptide

The guy is over his head. The team lacks discipline. He seems to have no clue how to run game day.
This "all is well" crap demonstrates just how clueless he really is. Not going to be the man who turns this program
around. The jury is in.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:The guy is over his head. The team lacks discipline. He seems to have no clue how to run game day.
This "all is well" crap demonstrates just how clueless he really is. Not going to be the man who turns this program
around. The jury is in.
There are so many red flags and ZERO accountability!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:I don't think anyone expected morale to be so low in 2015. This is horrible.
To be fair, I've expected this and predicted as much for 10 years now. Morale has nothing to do with CJ and everything to do with the institutionalized and ingrained culture of failure and no accountability and pathetic marketing spin instead of actual results. Just because CJ is the latest in the line of coaches willing to succumb to this culture doesn't make it his fault.

But if this comes as a surprise to you at this point, then that's on you.
GreenGears
Low Tide

Yeah,

It feels like the wheels are falling off the Bus a little early this year. I for one am already debating just not watching... But lets be honest once we get closer to September we'll all get excited.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenGears wrote:Yeah,

It feels like the wheels are falling off the Bus a little early this year. I for one am already debating just not watching... But lets be honest once we get closer to September we'll all get excited.
I will buy tickets again.

Look, the two biggest areas of concern QB/offense and STs just looked similar to last year. STs might actually have looked a bit better but I do think people are extrapolating a bit too much over Lee's 40 snaps and 20 passes. I might actually argue that the WR problems are the biggest issue.

The D should still be in the top half of the league and the RBs are a solid group. Lee and the STs have to have a big summer and we have to hope the new skill position recruits will add value right away.

All is not lost, but the spring game went worse than many hoped. I think it really hurt our few diehard fans coming off the poor end of season in Bball.

One thing I don't understand is scheduling a third option game when you are already playing Navy and GT. IDK, maybe that will be a blessing but I have my doubts that we are set up to win the trenches.