Football Spring Practice

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenGears
Low Tide

I haven't seen anyone mention it on the board. But again CJ is starting spring practice super early. Starts today.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... tch-during

IM42lane
Swell

GreenGears wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention it on the board. But again CJ is starting spring practice super early. Starts today.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... tch-during
Well, absolutely NO Recovery time from M/G! I wonder how many players will be losing their M/G cookies during the first day of SFB practice.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good news and bad news from the first day. LaFrance is suspended b/c of academics. Leondre James is suspended for violating team rules.

The good news is that Corey Redwine chose to come back and provides depth at DT.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:Good news and bad news from the first day. LaFrance is suspended b/c of academics. Leondre James is suspended for violating team rules.

The good news is that Corey Redwine chose to come back and provides depth at DT.
That's a big boost for the DT rotation. He's a solid rotation player and should have his best year.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Good news.

Hopefully, Tulane actually uses its full allotment of spring practice days this year. Lord knows they need them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:Good news.

Hopefully, Tulane actually uses its full allotment of spring practice days this year. Lord knows they need them.
Heck, rather than cancel the last three like he did last year, I'd like to see three practices dedicated to Special Teams. Ours were anything but special.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:Good news.

Heck, rather than cancel the last three like he did last year, I'd like to see three practices dedicated to Special Teams. Ours were anything but special.
And of course those three practices that weren't used couldn't have helped a redshirt freshman Quarterback. Although, with the offensive coaching I'm not sure 100 practices would have made a difference. We will find out in September. I am so tired of CJ's spin that he's learned from Tricky Rick. I don't see any significant improvement next fall with Lee and the Price brothers.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

In the CJ area, this has to be the least anticipated spring practice.

I see we are still missing field goals as well.

http://wgno.com/2015/02/18/subtractions ... -practice/
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote:In the CJ area, this has to be the least anticipated spring practice.

I think CJ mentioned that if you score TD's you do not need FG's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:In the CJ area, this has to be the least anticipated spring practice.

Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. Good film there. Thx.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Lee has to stop staring down receivers.
Eaglewave
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:Lee has to stop staring down receivers.

Lee needs to stop throwing INT's in the process. The throws too good of a ball to throw so many picks.
Ball Sumrall!
Jonathan
Riptide

Can our quarterback coach with CJ turn our heralded Jesuit quarterback's career around after almost leading the nation in interceptions last year and Tulane to a disastrous three win season?
IM42lane
Swell

I do not place too much into FB spring practice. All it is for is to keep these FB players from gettting too much out of shape. In south La., let's face it, the primary mission is to sweat out all of the 'Mardi Gras junk' that these players consumed at the parades.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is lights out in practice at the Saints IPF!
http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... lanes-josh
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Still no kicker.
Tulane’s kickers continued to struggle in Monday’s workout, with Andrew DiRocco and Trevor Simms combining to miss five of eight field goals during a drill once they moved out of chip-shot range. Said Johnson: “I don’t know who’s the starting kicker right now. It may be me. We gotta get some guys to kick the ball through the uprights.”
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

God I hope we can win some games this season because this is the weakest spring football practice we have seen in the CJ era. No excitement at all!
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:God I hope we can win some games this season because this is the weakest spring football practice we have seen in the CJ era. No excitement at all!
Bad time to hold it if you're trying to get any attention. You have college and pro basketball closing in on the final stretch and college baseball in the beginning stretch. Spring football is off the radar. Maybe that's good after last season.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:God I hope we can win some games this season because this is the weakest spring football practice we have seen in the CJ era. No excitement at all!
Bad time to hold it if you're trying to get any attention. You have college and pro basketball closing in on the final stretch and college baseball in the beginning stretch. Spring football is off the radar. Maybe that's good after last season.
Regarding Spring Practice :... I think next years Spring Practice will draw a great deal of interest...of course the FIRST Spring Practice of a NEW Coaching staff always does
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Cj is in the Stealth Mode....let's practice while no one is looking
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Regarding Spring Practice :... I think next years Spring Practice will draw a great deal of interest...of course the FIRST Spring Practice of a NEW Coaching staff always does
New coaching staff.....That's probably what should happen, but Tulane athletics operates without any accountability, so CJ's seat is ice cold.
Bigschtick
Riptide

And he knows it!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Jonathan
Riptide

Another three win season coming up. No bowl game. CJ paid by Dickson over a million dollars a year for this! Sad! Our recent T ulane recruiting class was the fourth best in Louisiana after LSU a@m,U La La and La. tech. Not good. Bring back Buddy Teevens or better yet Tommy Bowden with Coach Rod. Fire Dickson,Conroy and the Prices now! Maybe CJ also!