UCF Challenge-Women's Golf

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:+3 through 2 holes.

Yep, they're from Tulane. :roll:
I only wish every team at Tulane was stocked with "foreign" players...then we may have an opportunity to be successful...can't wait for Baseball to begin recruiting South America and PR...the ladies have played in 4 tournaments prior to this one...their worse finish, if I am not mistaken was 11th...and a big hats off to them, they came to Austin and won the University of Texas @ Austin Betsy Rawls invitational

Yay, we should stick with signing good old American place kickers as well!!!!

Jonathan
Riptide

In my opinion our best lady golfers for the last few years have come from Great Briton ,Latin America and Scandinavia. A great part of the international Tulane community!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:In my opinion our best lady golfers for the last few years have come from Great Briton ,Latin America and Scandinavia. A great part of the international Tulane community!
I would have to add Asia to the list.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree. I missed that.
breaker
Ripple

While college golf and the LPGA are filled with Asian golfers, Tulane hasn't had any. You can add Germany to the list with Latin America, Great Britain and Scandinavia. One other benefit of the majority of the foreign born athletes is they have been exposed to more at home and are mature beyond their years and thus less likely to lose control with the New Orleans party scene. I'm not saying that they don't go out, just that they are better at that too!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Congrats on a great showing!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:+3 through 2 holes.

Yep, they're from Tulane. :roll:
I only wish every team at Tulane was stocked with "foreign" players...then we may have an opportunity to be successful...can't wait for Baseball to begin recruiting South America and PR...the ladies have played in 4 tournaments prior to this one...their worse finish, if I am not mistaken was 11th...and a big hats off to them, they came to Austin and won the University of Texas @ Austin Betsy Rawls invitational

Yay, we should stick with signing good old American place kickers as well!!!!
I think the last "walk on " PlaceKicker from the general Tulane student body was a guy named Uwe Pontius... gawd I hope I spelled that correctly and that was back in the 60's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

So it's OK to recruit foreign-born hired guns with questionable academic backgrounds who'll go anywhere they're funneled to to wear the olive and blue, as long as they win. What you're saying is you're rooting for laundry, not the people who wear it.
dpm wave
Swell

Golfweek.com's write-up of the tourney.

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/feb/10/nc ... ulane-ucf/

ImageImage

Nothing questionable to me about these ladies academic qualities. I met a Colombian tennis player at Tulane a few years ago and believe me, she had much better command of English than the majority of the money making sports' athletes at Tulane. btw, she is now a successful businesswoman in NYC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote:So it's OK to recruit foreign-born hired guns with questionable academic backgrounds who'll go anywhere they're funneled to to wear the olive and blue, as long as they win. What you're saying is you're rooting for laundry, not the people who wear it.
We recruit foreign players in volleyball and lose. Tulane University is known around the world. It's good we have these student athletes.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote:So it's OK to recruit foreign-born hired guns with questionable academic backgrounds who'll go anywhere they're funneled to to wear the olive and blue, as long as they win. What you're saying is you're rooting for laundry, not the people who wear it.
questionable academic backgrounds ?!?!?!?...you do realize that the good ole USA is one of the worse in educating it's students...hell these kids come to Tulane better prepared for college, and most probably are bored to death with the classes, because they had them in high school !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
questionable academic backgrounds ?!?!?!?...you do realize that the good ole USA is one of the worse in educating it's students...hell these kids come to Tulane better prepared for college, and most probably are bored to death with the classes, because they had them in high school !!
So according to you fanbois, foreign golfers are more entitled to seats in Tulane classrooms than American kids, and the U.S. should simply give up and stop trying to be competitive in the global economy. If they are bored with TU classes, why not give their spots to students eager to learn and advance? Just inches short of actual logic.
dpm wave
Swell

MicMan wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
So according to you fanbois, foreign golfers are more entitled to seats in Tulane classrooms than American kids, and the U.S. should simply give up and stop trying to be competitive in the global economy. If they are bored with TU classes, why not give their spots to students eager to learn and advance? Just inches short of actual logic.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

MicMan wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

What a freaking joke post, not sure where to begin. I will say that entitlement has nothing to do with the situation, its about merit and the girls just proved that they belong.
MicMan
Swell

Posting funny pictures < actual formed thought. But keep regressing, you're good at it!