UCF Challenge-Women's Golf

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

Day 1 was yesterday. Tulane finished one bad hole out a tie for third.

Today, the ladies are ON FIRE!

Silvia Garces is -6 through 12 holes and is leading the tourney. The team is -11 on the day and could challenge for the title if they can finish strong.

https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/3491/

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote:Day 1 was yesterday. Tulane finished one bad hole out a tie for third.

Today, the ladies are ON FIRE!

Silvia Garces is -6 through 12 holes and is leading the tourney. The team is -11 on the day and could challenge for the title if they can finish strong.

https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/3491/

Still have to play on Tuesday...but they are doing one hell of a job right now...a team that Tulane fans can be proud of
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great news! Thanks for posting that!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Great news! Thanks for posting that!
an additional site you can find info on is golfstat.com
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Really solid field. Looking like an almost guaranteed top5 finish. Huge day for the ladies.
Jonathan
Riptide

Love Tulane ladies golf. The top athletic program at Tulane. Are they still hosting the Sugar Bowl tournament at Englsh Turn over Mardi Gras with the top golf teams in the nation?
breaker
Ripple

Yes - the Sugar Bowl event is Feb 21-23 at English Turn. Great field as usual.

Awesome day today - -17 has to be an all-time best for the program.

Had to laugh at yesterday's "one bad hole away from third place". That sounded as lame as the typical Tulane official swimming and track releases that never say the real results, just that x athletes had personal bests, while in truth we lost 180-110 to Northwestern Podunk State A&M at Springfield. No need to sugarcoat results for the golf program - just wait til the next day or next event and something good will happen.
dpm wave
Swell

Sugar Bowl Tourney is in 2 weeks.
Ladies are in 3rd, 3 shots of the lead.
Garces tied for the lead at -8 and Dryburgh one shot back. Lowest team score of the day by 4 strokes.

Windy City will be hosting the 2016 and 2017 National Championships.

Regionals will be hosted in BR and B'ham in 2016 (3 SEC teams will host the 4 Regionals).
http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2 ... -announced

As far as yesterday, one girl posted a snowman on one hole. Very un-characteristic. So, yes, they were just one bad hole from being 4 shots better.
MicMan
Swell

Only 1 of the six TU golfers is from the U.S. How'd the imports do on their ACTs? I guess there's a shortage of decent women golfers here. What a joke.
dpm wave
Swell

I guess you haven't taken a look at the USC, UCLA, Stanford or Washington rosters where most of the golfers are Asian.

murica

maybe you could sponsor a youth golf program at your local country club to help pay for the costs involved in becoming a talented high school golfer.
Jonathan
Riptide

I reside in English Turn overlooking a green and will put up my major banner on my second story porch over looking the green saying Go Tulane Ladies Golf Team. I do not care what part of the world our golfers are from as long as they are great golfers,scholars and credit to the Tulane community.
dpm wave
Swell

The National Champions will be determined using a new format starting this year:

The 2015 championships will feature a new format while maintaining the 72-hole stroke play format for determining the individual champion. Finals play for both championships will now consist of three days of stroke play on Friday thru Sunday (54 holes), after which the top 15 teams and nine individuals not on an advancing team will be determined. That is followed by a final day of 18 holes of stroke play (Monday) to determine the top eight teams that will advance to match play as well as the 72-hole individual champion. The team national champion will be determined by a match-play format that will consist of quarterfinals and semifinals conducted on Tuesday, followed by the finals on Wednesday.

From I can figure out:

First, the Regionals, where the top 32 teams (8 from each Regional) qualify for nationals. Then, at Finals, they play 3 rounds and only the top 15 teams (and top 9 individuals not on a top 15 team) will advance to the last day. The last day, they will play 18 holes (the individual champion will be determined at the end of this day). The top 8 teams (I guess they will either be seeded or drawn out of a hat) will advance to a single elimination tourney (quarters/semis/finals) played over 2 days.

So, the top 2 teams will end up playing 8 rounds of golf over a 6 day period.

That's a lot of golf :shock:
MicMan
Swell

dpm wave wrote:I guess you haven't taken a look at the USC, UCLA, Stanford or Washington rosters where most of the golfers are Asian.
By your tortured logic I guess that makes it OK. A$$holes.
dpm wave
Swell

+3 through 2 holes.

Yep, they're from Tulane. :roll:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote:+3 through 2 holes.

two teams at -14... Tulane @ -10....in 3rd place....many big names, Texas@Austin not in contention...but Tulane is
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Watch out, back nine, only two shots back.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:Watch out, back nine, only two shots back.
One shot back.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
One shot back.
Roll Wave!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
One shot back.
Roll Wave!
Now UPPPPP two shots on the 14-16 holes. Dam!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane and Virginia are tied @ -13 with two holes left...nearest competitor is a -6
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I only wish every team at Tulane was stocked with "foreign" players...then we may have an opportunity to be successful...can't wait for Baseball to begin recruiting South America and PR...the ladies have played in 4 tournaments prior to this one...their worse finish, if I am not mistaken was 11th...and a big hats off to them, they came to Austin and won the University of Texas @ Austin Betsy Rawls invitational
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:

I only wish every team at Tulane was stocked with "foreign" players...then we may have an opportunity to be successful...can't wait for Baseball to begin recruiting South America and PR
Cuba!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:Tulane and Virginia are tied @ -13 with two holes left...nearest competitor is a -6
Dam lost by one stroke, hell of an effort.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Tulane and Virginia are tied @ -13 with two holes left...nearest competitor is a -6
Dam lost by one stroke, hell of an effort.
Looks like Virginia birdie hole number 17 ... but one hell of a good showing against same damn good competition... this team is also very young
dpm wave
Swell

To have rebounded on the back nine today after such an awful front 9, shows an extreme amount of grit and mental toughness that all Tulanians should be proud.

I feel for Gemma to have lost her shot at sharing the title with a bogey on the par 5, 18th.

Look for these ladies to step it up this year.