New Site/Blog: New Wave

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Started a new blog to chronicle the poor leadership and begin gathering the support needed to apply pressure to Cowen and the administration.

Check it out, like it on Facebook, follow on Twitter and let me know what you think.

http://newwaveblog.tumblr.com/AboutNewWave

JTLiuzza
Swell

I thanked you on the other board but will do so again here. Any effort to objectively chronicle what is going on with Tulane football vis a vis the Cowen administration and rationally question the decisions being made is a healthy thing and long overdue. The "thank you sir, may I have another" mentality amongst Tulane fans has only made it easy for Cowen to do whatever he wants with impunity.

Good luck with your effort. I support it 100%.
JTLiuzza
Swell

Let me add one other thing.

Back in 2003 when Cowen was trying to destroy D1 football at Tulane, the only thing that stopped him was his sneaky plan being leaked, resulting in an outcry from outraged alums, ex ball players, and just regular fans. Then we were given the name "lunatic fringe" by Cowen himself.

Here we are seven years later, at a low ebb for Tulane football. A low ebb arguably engineered by Cowen himself. And many of the former "lunatic fringe" have actually been co-opted. Those who were once ready to storm the gates are now relentless administration apologists. Amazing. You know who I'm talking about. The worst fans in college football.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:Let me add one other thing.

Back in 2003 when Cowen was trying to destroy D1 football at Tulane, the only thing that stopped him was his sneaky plan being leaked, resulting in an outcry from outraged alums, ex ball players, and just regular fans. Then we were given the name "lunatic fringe" by Cowen himself.

Here we are seven years later, at a low ebb for Tulane football. A low ebb arguably engineered by Cowen himself. And many of the former "lunatic fringe" have actually been co-opted. Those who were once ready to storm the gates are now relentless administration apologists. Amazing. You know who I'm talking about. The worst fans in college football.
Right. I am very much trying to begin the groundswell to make that happen. Without engineering and the pending death of sports, Tulane will have no chance for success as a $50K university with a mostly liberal arts education.

Cowen needs to be stopped before it's too late, and all it takes is enough angry people to say "ENOUGH". Call him on his own BS.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:Let me add one other thing.

And to add another point on this, when is someone going to call that sycophant out? He way overstates his own importance by orders of magnitude, but at the same time he does an enormous disservice to Tulane athletics by silencing the dissent. Very much part of the problem, and a complete hypocrite with his utter lack of class.

Yes, you know who I'm talking about.
IM42lane
Swell

need 2 GO NOW ! ! !
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
JTLiuzza
Swell

IM4 I saw your letter to the editor on the Picayune site. Linking it for anyone who missed it:

Toledo retained
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Nicely done, IM4.

Please, "like" the Facebook page for "New Wave" or follow the account on Twitter. Cowen has proven that he'll ignore individuals, so it's time to band together somewhere. Facebook/Twitter is an easy way to do that.
JTLiuzza
Swell

keep at it jonathan.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

1ndabag wrote:keep at it jonathan.
I will. And do not underestimate the power of Facebook. It's worth $50B in the private markets for a reason.

If we can start getting alums on board, it will snowball. It will be easier than anyone realizes. But it's time to do something, because this is simply ridiculous.