Internal hire at DL coach- Lichtenberger is back

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Per Thayer Evans. Not good enough

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Really? The tone deafness at the Wilson Center is truly stunning. Another internal hire? It's an organizational disease that seems afraid of the reality of an outside perspective.

Needless to say, hiring a Toledo holdover to a team that was short on coaching.....it's just depressing. Hope it works, but it sure smells like the same Rick Dickson playbook.

Maybe Lichtenberger is a great coach, but they can't wonder why the general public doesn't believe they are trying to win.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Jeesh! Can't say I'm surprised...
JerseyWave
Riptide

What a joke! Disgusting! Same old BS in the Wilson Center. Compare the staff now to what it was two years ago.
waveclem
Surge

I plan on going to the signing day party tomm and this really kills my excitement. CJ can't convince anyone to come work for him or maybe he just doesn't try. He needs great coaches around him and is he is failing in that department, among others.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Lichtenberger, a Toledo holdover, is going to coach special teams. Specials Teams under Toledo were among the worst in the country. Last year Tulane's special teams were embarrassing. Same old, same old! FIRE RICK DICKSON!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

We have a new stadium and tailgating. That's all that matters. :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tjtlja06
Low Tide

Get over it. He is a great guy and did a good job with our TE's. I wish more companies would promote from within. He is loyal and he loves Tulane unlike many of you.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tjtlja06 wrote:Get over it. He is a great guy and did a good job with our TE's. I wish more companies would promote from within. He is loyal and he loves Tulane unlike many of you.
This and Tulane doesn't have a lot of money to spend.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tjtlja06 wrote:Get over it. He is a great guy and did a good job with our TE's. I wish more companies would promote from within. He is loyal and he loves Tulane unlike many of you.
Loyalty is one thing...being good at your job is something totally different.... OK, he did an average job with the TE's...this make's him an expert on LB's and reversing Tulane's terrible Special Team's krap ? Doug maybe a great, loyal Tulane employee but does that make him the right person to solve the issues Tulane has had ?

And FYI, if everyone on this forum did not want, what is best for Tulane, this forum would not be in place !!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
kingcole
Low Tide

Don't matter who we get tomorrow losing record is certain.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wow. Just wow!
Ball Sumrall!
tjtlja06
Low Tide

yeah, this forum is making a big difference on Tulane athletics. I sure hope Moreau and Dale aren't reading this crap. But then again, I am pretty sure some of you would want these kids, and your own for that matter if they are recruits, to get the hell out of dodge.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Unfortunately none of this is relevant to him coaching LBs and Special teams. What qualifications does he have for that?
waveclem
Surge

So we lose two of ours young energetic coaches to other college programs and we replace them with two guys who weren't coaching their new positions last year (assistant to a positions coach does not qualify). Your response is to get over it because Doug is a "good guy." Unlike you, everyone here loves Tulane and that's why were pissed with such amateur bull-shit. You just love being "cool" with the coaches even though their not the ones we need.

P.S. What I said a few weeks ago has come true. We basically replaced our coaches with Grad level assistant types. Can't wait for your response.
tjtlja06
Low Tide

My response is simple - pull for your school no matter what you think you know. You probably have never been a coach and there is a good possibility you never played. Be positive and be a good fan. All the negative crap is so meaningless. If you love Tulane athletics, support these kids and coaches. If that isn't doable, find someone else to support. It is that simple.
waveclem
Surge

So on resume alone would you say these two coaches (Sheridan and Lichtenberger) were good hires? I won't think your any less of a fan if you say no. Being critical of the team you root for is not something unique to Tulane. I wonder how many Seahawk fans are supporting their offensive coordinator right now. You don't have to have been a former player or coach to know that these were not great hires on the surface. How will it turn out is yet to be determined.
JerseyWave
Riptide

tjtlja06 wrote:My response is simple - pull for your school no matter what you think you know. You probably have never been a coach and there is a good possibility you never played. Be positive and be a good fan. All the negative crap is so meaningless. If you love Tulane athletics, support these kids and coaches. If that isn't doable, find someone else to support. It is that simple.
Take your cr@p back to the YOGI board. The people on this forum are realistic and tired of all the BS coming out of the Wilson Center. Tulane might have the worst coaching staff in college football in 2015. There no supporting this administration until there's accountability and a true commitment to winning! FIRE RICK DICKSON!!!
tjtlja06
Low Tide

We get it. Do yourself a favor. Pull for someone else. Hope for us to lose some kids tomorrow. It will make you happy. Isn't that what you want. Tulane is going to do things their way and unless you are a Fogleman relative, you don't have a chance of changing anything. Really, make yourself happy man and just move on. Why waste your time for the next 20 years being miserable. Move on my friend.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tjtlja06 wrote:My response is simple - pull for your school no matter what you think you know. You probably have never been a coach and there is a good possibility you never played. Be positive and be a good fan. All the negative crap is so meaningless. If you love Tulane athletics, support these kids and coaches. If that isn't doable, find someone else to support. It is that simple.
This garbage needs to be called out. Tulane University cannot afford more of this disastrous culture that not only accepts failure, but institutionalizes it. This hire shows that loyalty to the Cowen/Dickson model warrants employment at the expense of accountability yet again. This is embarrassing conduct for an organization.

Neither you nor Rick Dickson has the authority to define what Tulane athletics is. You are a fool to believe that you know what fans "should" think, and that if they don't share your opinion, they should stop being Tulane fans. The correct answer is that if you love Tulane athletics you will refuse to accept this amateurish outfit that consistently fails and brings embarrassment not to mention massive financial underperformance to the university.

The "negative crap is meaningless"? By "negative crap" do you mean reality? Are you 13 years old? You, sir, are a big part of the problem.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tjtlja06 wrote:We get it. Do yourself a favor. Pull for someone else. Hope for us to lose some kids tomorrow. It will make you happy. Isn't that what you want. Tulane is going to do things their way and unless you are a Fogleman relative, you don't have a chance of changing anything. Really, make yourself happy man and just move on. Why waste your time for the next 20 years being miserable. Move on my friend.
Yes, nothing says "I love Tulane" more than repeatedly telling some of the tiny few remaining long time Tulane fans to quit on the program. :roll: :lol:
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

I just love how we can't afford a decent special teams coach, yet we can build a new stadium.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:I just love how we can't afford a decent special teams coach, yet we can build a new stadium.
Doc.... This guy was available.... scroll down to his "Bio" for his qualifications...and please note he was the special teams coach at Tulane in an "earlier life"
http://sportsnola.com/coachs-office-str ... last-play/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

based on tjtlja06 post.... "You can take it across the street " and we once again, thank you RD .. I personally, am looking forward to next season's "BANNER" year !