Football Recruiting Failures...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

What is the #1 problem with Tulane Football Recruiting?

A) Facilities
12%
B) The Coaching Staff
3%
C) Being in a Conference outside the P5
24%
D) Lack of winning culture
62%

Total votes: 34
JerseyWave
Riptide

Poll

Aberzombie1892
Swell

As it stands now, Tulane's problems in recruiting are:

1. Not being in a P5 conference
2. Relatively weak Facilities
3. Lack of recent history of winning

As a side note, ESPN rates the 2015 class higher than the 2014 class in terms of the percentage of commits that have at least 3 stars.
ajcalhoun
Swell

"All of the above" would be a slam-dunk winner here but I cast the lone vote so far on being a non-P5.
God Bless Everyone!
Jonathan
Riptide

Many people including myself feel 247 Sports is the best ranking service as it is an average of the other services. Currently Tulane has 6 three star athletes and no four or five stars there as verbal 2015 commitments. Last year I think we signed nine three stars and maybe one four star. This year is very disappointing as we are currently if I am correct at the bottom of recruiting in Louisiana and in the AAC.(Number 8 currently in the AAC near bottom) Three wins last year does not help or keeping the Prices by CJ! The Advocate Super Dozen is out. Zero Tulane recruits on it or in second dozen. Only one Tulane recruit on honorable mention. Very sad! Currently U La La has thirteen three star 247 Sports commits;Tulane has seven.
T1B2TW
High Tide

ajcalhoun wrote:"All of the above" would be a slam-dunk winner here but I cast the lone vote so far on being a non-P5.
Definitely. Need that as a 5th choice.
T1B2TW
High Tide

Jonathan wrote:Many people including myself feel 247 Sports is the best ranking service as it is an average of the other services. Currently Tulane has 6 three star athletes and no four or five stars there as verbal 2015 commitments. Last year I think we signed nine three stars and maybe one four star. This year is very disappointing as we are currently if I am correct at the bottom of recruiting in Louisiana and in the AAC.(Number 8 currently in the AAC near bottom) Three wins last year does not help or keeping the Prices by CJ! The Advocate Super Dozen is out. Zero Tulane recruits on it or in second dozen. Only one Tulane recruit on honorable mention. Very sad! Currently U La La has thirteen three star 247 Sports commits;Tulane has seven.
The "State of Tulane" is getting smaller all the time.