Tulane signing day party at Yulman Stadium Glazer Club

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Athletics will host its annual National Signing Day Party on Wednesday, Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. in the Glazer Family Club, located on the east side of Yulman Stadium. The event is free and open to the public. Free food. Alcohol can be purchased.
http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 15aab.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tjtlja06
Low Tide

should be a good time. j and jj, please stay way. you may kill yourself with positive news in the air. don't ruin the day. put a 24 hour self imposed ban. it may do wonders for both of you.
Jonathan
Riptide

How does the quality of our recruiting class look this year versus the last two years including the two LSU A&M transfers?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Hardly look s like anything to get terribly excited about!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:Hardly look s like anything to get terribly excited about!
The food is usually great in there. ;)
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
TPS... thanks for the plug !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
TPS... thanks for the plug !!!!!
:mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Then its a go "for the free food" thanks TPS. :)
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:Then its a go "for the free food" thanks TPS. :)
Hey whatever it takes sometimes. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
tjtlja06
Low Tide

tps, +1
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Tulane Athletics will host its annual National Signing Day Party on Wednesday, Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. in the Glazer Family Club, located on the east side of Yulman Stadium. The event is free and open to the public. Free food. Alcohol can be purchased.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 15aab.html
Switch the words 'food' and 'alcohol' around, and you will wind up with an SRO crowd!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Congratulations to these young men and welcome to the Tulane family.

I wish I could be at the party this evening. For those able to make it, please take notes and a lot of pictures for the rest of us.

Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Any word from someone at the party? Did anyone ask CJ about the Offense and the Price brothers?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

DfromCT wrote:Any word from someone at the party? Did anyone ask CJ about the Offense and the Price brothers?
Was wondering same thing?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I just left. No, no one asked about the Prices. However, CJ did state that a 3-9 season was unacceptable to him and the team plans to turn that around right away.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He mentioned lack of team discipline at the presser earlier in the day. I wish we'd see signs that he accepts the fact that game day coaching was horrendous as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
waveclem
Surge

Another item of note CJ said tonight was that they already have one commitment for 2016 and looking to get maybe three more tomorrow. Also, I like the way Carter Sheridan spoke tonight. Sounds like a very confident guy, hopefully it makes him a good WR coach's.
Jonathan
Riptide

The master of Tulane team discipline was Tommy Bowden and Rodrigue. When a player did something stupid on the field Bowden would walk over to him and pull him to the sidelines by his chin guard/strap cursing him out along the way. Like General George Patton the players were afraid of him for making dumb mistakes. Then he would require them to sit out the rest of the game. Toledo ,Scelfo and CJ let the players get away with no discipline. Big mistake.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It was a first class event. Very professional. The atmosphere was very upbeat. Tulane did a nice job of promoting season ticket signups and renewals. Signing up tonight included a Tulane football shirt, free basketball tickets to the UCONN game, and photo of yourself signing a letter of intent to be posted at http://www.facebook.com/TUFRMC
You had the opportunity to speak with any coach on the staff one on one. I spoke to quite a few including CJ. I asked Doug L. what was his experience with coaching LB's. He told me he coached defense all last year and he'll only be coaching a few kids that play LB. Said the kicker they signed beat out over 600 kickers at a all star camp in punting and kickoffs. He has a 5 second hang time. His avg kickoff is 79 yards. He kicks off the ground and doesn't use a tee.
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... c3RfYWI%3D
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First off congrats to our new signees. Welcome aboard and we're looking forward to seeing you kicking some ass.

The event was well done. By signing up to renew your season tickets you got a nice jersey type T-shirt for each season ticket. You also got a ticket to the UCONN game for each seat you have. so to be clear if you have 2 seats you got two shirts and two tickets. They also gave out autographed photos of CJ. Plenty of food. Each assistant got to talk about a few of the recruits. I was glad to get to meet LW and tell him how much we enjoy watching his defense and how much I enjoyed his playing career at Tulane. He said he hopes his D will create more turnovers next year.

As for the GFC it's nice but not nearly as big as I imagined. It's obviously long but the back wall starts to come in as you go along the room towards the south end zone as it abuts the Hertz center.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:He mentioned lack of team discipline at the presser earlier in the day. I wish we'd see signs that he accepts the fact that game day coaching was horrendous as well.
I heard Darion Monroe in a radio interview today. He brought up how they were getting better team discipline. He cited the cleaning up of the locker room as proof. I'm sorry but I'm tired of hearing that one. It's one CJ pulls out annually. Makes the team do punishment drills b/c of a sloppy locker room. It clearly hasn't worked. This is clearly a big issue /this program. Just last season we had to hear form players mid-season how they were now paying more attention in film sessions and not talking and cutting up. This staff needs to really step back and change their approach to imposing their will on this team and get them in line.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

Any idea who is the 2016 commitment?
Jonathan
Riptide

Kendall Bussey's younger brother!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

winwave wrote:This staff needs to really step back and change their approach to imposing their will on this team and get them in line.
Right. And this should be fixable as CJ grows into the job, or so the thinking would go. But everything that comes out of the Wilson Center comes from insanely insular thought processes and lacks accountability or urgency to succeed. That trickles down to the individual programs and you see those problems consistently through every program from Toledo to Conroy to RJ and CJ.