james Smith of TP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
glennc
Low Tide

Anyone think he is a Tulane hater. I think he hates Tulane so much he don't even try to hide it .

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

glennc wrote:Anyone think he is a Tulane hater. I think he hates Tulane so much he don't even try to hide it .
No. Why would he "hate" Tulane?
greenphantom
Swell

I don't think he hates Tulane but he is an LSU homer. I don't really pay him much attention. He's just some guy working for a small newspaper.
JerseyWave
Riptide

After reading his columns, there's no doubt the guy is on LSU's payroll.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

James who? :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:I don't think he hates Tulane but he is an LSU homer. I don't really pay him much attention. He's just some guy working for a small newspaper.
Pretty much true.... today's news.

The Advocate overtakes The Times-Picayune as Louisiana's largest newspaper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jonathan
Riptide

Who really cares?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:I don't think he hates Tulane but he is an LSU homer. I don't really pay him much attention. He's just some guy working for a small newspaper.

The Advocate overtakes The Times-Picayune as Louisiana's largest newspaper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also akin to being the skinniest kid at fat kid camp. They are both dying, but the Advocate is managing end of life so much better.
MicMan
Swell

Classic small-time fanboi reaction: WAAAAH, HE DOESN'T WRITE ENUF GOOD THINGS WIF MY TEAM! WAAAAAH! Idiot.
Show Me
Tsunami

He's an LSU cheerleader as are most of the Times Pic Your Nose writers.
sader24
Tsunami

I've yet to see him write anything negative about Tulane and its recruiting. Most all of it is positive and complimentary to our recruits and our coaches recruiting. The only thing he said even remotely negative is after Oshea Dugas committed to La.Tech over us that Tulane needs to go about recruiting OL in a different way b/c we haven't been as successful getting the linemen we want as we should be. He writes about LSU a lot b/c 99% of his readership is LSU fans.
Jonathan
Riptide

Leave. The guy alone. We get zero coverage on Tulane versus LSU A&M. Anything he gives us great!
Robert1969
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Also akin to being the skinniest kid at fat kid camp. They are both dying, but the Advocate is managing end of life so much better.
Well, truth be told, print circulation is almost meaningless. Nola.com, according to Quantcast gets about 5-6 million uniques per month. The New Orleans Advocate gets about 300-500 thousand a month.
glennc
Low Tide

I still disagree with all of you. Tulane could recruit a top class and he would still ignore us. Just my opinion
Jonathan
Riptide

He is not a Tulane hater. LS U A&M gets the top 25recruits in the state every year and Tulane picks up the dregs with La. Tech,U La La and Southern Miss. A fact. Only Mack Brown could recruit against LSU. He covers the winners,leaders and the majority of the fans/population in Louisiana that support their flagship public institution. A fact of life. Google " 2015 247 Sports Louisiana Recruiting " for ranking and listing of top Louisiana recruits and universities they committed to as I commented about above.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Jonathan wrote:He is not a Tulane hater. LS U A&M gets the top 25recruits in the state every year and Tulane picks up the dregs with La. Tech,U La La and Southern Miss. A fact. Only Mack Brown could recruit against LSU. He covers the winners,leaders and the majority of the fans/population in Louisiana that support their flagship public institution. A fact of life.
Seriously what will it take to get this troll banned?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dupergreenie wrote:
Jonathan wrote:He is not a Tulane hater. LS U A&M gets the top 25recruits in the state every year and Tulane picks up the dregs with La. Tech,U La La and Southern Miss. A fact. Only Mack Brown could recruit against LSU. He covers the winners,leaders and the majority of the fans/population in Louisiana that support their flagship public institution. A fact of life.
Duper there is no banning on this site. If people want to see him go away they just simply need to quit feeding the troll and stop responding to him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
exflash
High Tide

Dupergreenie wrote:
------Well what you say is pretty accurate---but the ability differences in the top 50 players is not that much---the problem is that the other P5s come in and sign them---If the state G5s could get these kids it would be a lot closer in the end product---just like there are misses on kids coming in, there are the ones that come from the G5s that play in the pros!!!
sader24
Tsunami

Today tulane hater james smith said he thought we have a pretty good shot at closing out with Williams, Dale, and Moreau.
Jonathan
Riptide

Who really cares about James Smirh. If you do not like him particularly as I also do not just ignore him. Bringing him up on this site just gives him more exposure.