TCU is preseason 2011 No. 1 ranked in baseball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

http://www.baseballnews.com/polls/divI/ ... lldivI.htm

Let the Schloss fans start their noise now!

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

Yep, saw that. I am looking forward to baseball season. Hopefully we can improve.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Dupergreenie
Surge

Tulane baseball has been hurt just as much if not more then football by katrina and they have also been hit hard by new ncaa rules. For Coach Jones to keep having productive seasons (yes i know last year the team finished last) is credit to himself and his staff. I'm not trying to be one of those 'rah rah go team' guys like on that other website, but after learning about A LOT of what baseball had and has to go through, I gained more respect for coach.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Only having 11.7 scholarships for baseball hurts the private schools with a high tuition like Tulane. Not too many parents these days can afford to pay $55K a year. To find kids that can do all 3 (Pass, Pay and Play) is getting tougher each year. But if we recruit and hold onto two top pitchers like TCU has and you can get to post season rather quickly again. The alum bats have also been toned down so expect lower scoring games this season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I respectfully disagree with you. TCU is a private university with similar scolarship limitations as TU. Coach Scloss has built the program to a top ten finish last year and a College World Series appearance. TCU is projected No 1 in the country next year. Stanford and Miami reload every year. No more excuses from TU coaching staff. No more Grayson Junior College players. Great pitchers like Coach Sloss gets makes for a winning team We are in a downward spiral in recruiting. No more excuses. Recruit top layers again and win.
Dupergreenie
Surge

while im not making excuses for baseball, the team did have one class hurt by katrina and another class hurt by the mlb draft. and coach scloss rode the arm of a pitcher who was going to go pro but the rangers would've had to borrow money from mlb to pay his signing bonus and mlb refused. stanford has tuition relief and rice has i believe free or very cheap tuition for miniority players. i would not be shocked if miami has something similiar. jones has gone to the higher ups about trying to get something along those lines to help him even the playing field and im pretty sure you can figure out what they said.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:I respectfully disagree with you. TCU is a private university with similar scolarship limitations as TU. Coach Scloss has built the program to a top ten finish last year and a College World Series appearance. TCU is projected No 1 in the country next year. Stanford and Miami reload every year. No more excuses from TU coaching staff. No more Grayson Junior College players. Great pitchers like Coach Sloss gets makes for a winning team We are in a downward spiral in recruiting. No more excuses. Recruit top layers again and win.
I hear ya. But TCU's tuition is $30K, Schloss can thank the financially troubled Texas Rangers for him being able to keep his ace pitcher.....
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Wow: TCU # 3 in Football, Projected #1 in Baseball, Joining a BCS Conference.

Did I wake up in the Bizzaro World?
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"