Kushner's Tulane Chat - 11:00 AM

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OGSB
Swell

Livin' rent free
Dave breslin
Swell

The K usher K west ion K wiz turned into a cluster k west ions of why is RD and the prices still have a job
JerseyWave
Riptide

The message has to be sent loud and clear any way possible that what is happening within Tulane Athletics is unacceptable! Rick Dickson, the Prices, and the Volleyball coach should all be out of jobs. ACCOUNTABILITY!
Fred Dowler
Riptide

He seemed to be fairly evasive as regards what would be considered a successful bball season, which would seem to support my perception that there just are not a whole lot of people around TU -- administration, alums, fans, whoever -- who have much to say as regards expectations and goals with regard to the bball program, or at least an expectation other than that the program is going to struggle.

I'd be saying, if I were him, that if anyone at TU has some kind of expectations and goals for bball that I would consider as somewhat the norm for most reasonably competitive bball programs across the country, "the coaching staff is going into their fifth season...if the team doesn't make it into the NCAA Tournament this season then the season cannot be considered as a success and that's that." I would go so far as to say that that kind of line would be the mindset at most fairly competitive programs across the country for a coaching staff going into the fourth season, much less the fifth one. In other words, how many bball programs would keep coaching staffs around for 5 years when none of the previous 4 were seasons that ended with a bid to the NCAA Tournament? I can't imagine any who actually care about bball would do so. And at TU this has been the story with more than one bball coaching regime (If we let the Dave Dickerson regime catch something of a break because of their having to take over right in the immediate aftermath of everything in 2005 that's understandable but the non-expectation and non-accountability were the story the Shawn Finney regime and seem very much to be the story today).

It almost sounds as if the season ending somewhere close to .500 would be enough to cause the coaching staff to be offered an extension.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The only chance we get into the NCAA's is to win the AAC tournament the league is a good at best this year. So maybe two bids. Our RPI will likely not be strong enough to crack the top 40-50. ULL won their SBC tournament and that's how they got to the dance the last time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Fred Dowler
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:The only chance we get into the NCAA's is to win the AAC tournament the league is a good at best this year. So maybe two bids. Our RPI will likely not be strong enough to crack the top 40-50. ULL won their SBC tournament and that's how they got to the dance the last time.
Then winning the league, by virtue of winning the conference tournament, should be the bar and the goal, the accomplishment by which we measure whether the season has been a success.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
kingcole
Low Tide

Kushner said we lost DT Redwine if true this is another blow to our thin D.
greenphantom
Swell

kingcole wrote:Kushner said we lost DT Redwine if true this is another blow to our thin D.

Anyone know the story on that? Was it a surprise? Did he graduate? I realize he was not going to start but he seemed to be at least a decent backup.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

My guess is he's going to transfer and play elsewhere next season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.