Buying a Yulman Brick

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

Should I spend the $$ for a brick and then have this engraved on it:

SCOTT COWEN AND
RICK DICKSON
WERE THE
WORST THINGS
TO EVER HAPPEN
TO TULANE!

It fits just right.

Bigschtick
Riptide

No just don't buy the brick. They already know how the fans feel and could care less.
Those two
are laughing all the way to the bank.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
rollinggreen
High Tide

SCREW THEM! Do not buy a brick. They win if you do!
oliveandblue
Surge

The program cannot improve without money.

Sure, the administration sucks, but NOT donating is going to destroy the program - literally.
waveclem
Surge

oliveandblue wrote:The program cannot improve without money.

Sure, the administration sucks, but NOT donating is going to destroy the program - literally.
The program is already destroyed. Screw Tulane.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

How gullible are you/we? Where did this idea that Cowen/Dickson are just entitled to their employment and strategy in perpetuity and the alternative is that the program gets shut down? It's ludicrous to say the least.

Reality makes clear that what's left of Tulane's fan base, decimated by Cowen/Dickson, cannot come anywhere close to financially supporting the program to enable success. Tulane will have to spend some of its ample resources, which Scott Cowen has refused to do to date in order for him to show everyone that he knows how athletics should be run. Otherwise, you're just making sure Dickson and his cronies get their XMas bonuses for a job well done.

You are being taken for a ride. You are propping up a failed regime. With hold your money until changes are made.
Bigschtick
Riptide

waveclem wrote:

The program is already destroyed. Screw Tulane.

Not a dime unless and until they get serious, Dickson is gone, Cowen and Margie are off the dole and out of sight
and Fitts steps up to the plate and demonstrates he is NOT Cowens yes-man!
Fred Dowler
Riptide

I understand, but TU administrations have been trying to milk that line for forever as they they've made their continual efforts to separate alumni from their money and I'm tired of hearing of it when we all know how halfhearted TU's commitment to winning in football and bball is. They really needed to have come out of the whole business in 2003 with a "we've asked you as alumni and fans to dig deep and so here is our firm commitment to you to deliver the kind of program that you want that delivers solid results on the field and on the court...." Instead, they kept on going with running the kind of program that Cowen et al. were wanting while at the same time pushing alumni and fans harder and harder to dig still more deeply in their wallets to prop things up (and that's what the new stadium is all about) while also steadfastly avoiding making any kind of public commitment or establishing any kind of accountability for coaches or athletics directors. And TU renames streets in honor of his awesomeness!!

If you are bemoaning the fact that the fans are in a no-win situation, sure. I understand that. But let's acknowledge the basic fact that as we have all seen very clearly over the years these people have proven that if you give them what they want -- your hard-earned money -- they'll do what they want to do with it and no more and no less.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
MicMan
Swell

We will speak with our checkbooks. Are you listening, Gibson Hall?
JDTulane
Riptide

Ours has been purchased.

Gumby Social Aid
& Pleasure Club
Est. 2013
Roll Wave Roll
JDTulane
Riptide

MicMan wrote:

If that speaking is through pocketing the checkbook I stand by what OnB said. Not donating is silly. Gives them the UAB out.
JDTulane
Riptide

This whole "not til they get serious stuff" is bull shit. They hired Price. They built Yulman.

Where the f is your line drawn? A 100k seat stadium? A $60 mill basketball arena? My God.

If you don't want TU athletics to be a priority in your fiscal life, just admit it.
waveclem
Surge

JDtulane, I think alot of people (myself included) are at the point where if they shut it down so be it. Let them embarrass themselves by building a brand new foitball stadium and then cancel a program. They created this attitude amongst Tulane fans. Oh and Tulane didn't spend a dime on this stadium. The fans did.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:JDtulane, I think alot of people (myself included) are at the point where if they shut it down so be it. Let them embarrass themselves by building a brand new foitball stadium and then cancel a program. They created this attitude amongst Tulane fans. Oh and Tulane didn't spend a dime on this stadium. The fans did.
clem actually it was intended for Tulane not to spend anything on the stadium but since RD, who travels 4 days a week strictly to fundraise for the stadium, is completely incompetent Tulane is having to spend until the rest of the funds are raised if ever.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

winwave wrote:
waveclem wrote:JDtulane, I think alot of people (myself included) are at the point where if they shut it down so be it. Let them embarrass themselves by building a brand new foitball stadium and then cancel a program. They created this attitude amongst Tulane fans. Oh and Tulane didn't spend a dime on this stadium. The fans did.
clem actually it was intended for Tulane not to spend anything on the stadium but since RD, who travels 4 days a week strictly to fundraise for the stadium, is completely incompetent Tulane is having to spend until the rest of the funds are raised if ever.
Good point.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jd watch your language. Your far more concerned with tailgating and the social aspect than you
are in a successful football program. That's clear from your posts. On the other hand, there are some here
Who are tired of being suckers, lied to, and basically told to get scewed. I would bet that my donations over the years far exceed your chump change giving. " fiscal life ", are you delusional or just to young to figure it out?
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MicMan
Swell

Tulane's leadership has made its $67M bed, now it has to lie in it.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:
MicMan wrote:

If that speaking is through pocketing the checkbook I stand by what OnB said. Not donating is silly. Gives them the UAB out.
No it doesn't. I posted the article showing that UAB isn't actually losing money on athletics, and neither is any other university, and that's why you see every university pouring money into what appears to be a money loser.

Only at Tulane does such dysfunction get aired as reality.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote:Jare you delusional or just to young to figure it out?
Seems a little of both.
Dave breslin
Swell

Olive and Blue - I feel your pain. We must keep giving to this regime . In fact, I have a better idea. Send me your money and I will invest it as well as TU has. I have a "model" and a sound plan to have great returns on YOUR investments. Trust me . I judge by wins with your money.

Sincerely, Bernie Madoff. Send those contributions to Attica, NY. Room 313