Prices's staying

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Mandeville Wave wrote:Does anyone know CJ's email? I would somehow like to voice my displeasure to CJ about retaining Price. He needs to hear from multiple fans (season ticket holders). The problem is I just think he has no idea which is extremely concerning.
Here's CJ's phone number...504-314-2425

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:Does anyone know CJ's email? I would somehow like to voice my displeasure to CJ about retaining Price. He needs to hear from multiple fans (season ticket holders). The problem is I just think he has no idea which is extremely concerning.
Here's CJ's phone number...504-314-2425
I am going to leave a message and tell him to grow a pair. CJ needs to fire Price!
Ball Sumrall!
51WaveBG
High Tide

Good commanders take charge and get the job done. CJ hasn't! I am beginning to wonder if he is HC material. E. and A. Price are losers. With all the good, imaginative O/C material out there, why is he keeping losers? 2014 = mission failure! 2015 = shaping up to be the same! Only TU would an AD, who created this mess, be allowed to stay another minute.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The Price brothers have to go, and ASAP. They have zero track record of success not only here, but elsewhere as well. The offense got worse, not better, as the season progressed and by year end it was horrible. With a better offensive line, and talent at the skill positions, the offense became worse than last year's offense. It shouldn't be that way.

CJ should get Mike Neu back from the Saints. He should also hire an OC with experience and credentials, and turn over game day decisions to him.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:The Price brothers have to go, and ASAP. They have zero track record of success not only here, but elsewhere as well. The offense got worse, not better, as the season progressed and by year end it was horrible. With a better offensive line, and talent at the skill positions, the offense became worse than last year's offense. It shouldn't be that way.

CJ should get Mike Neu back from the Saints. He should also hire an OC with experience and credentials, and turn over game day decisions to him.
Mike Neu coached Ryan Griffin up in what became a terrific SR season. Operating a modified version of the Saints offense Griffin completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,771 yards. He threw for a Tulane-record 466 yards against UAB, then surpassed it later with 476 against Rice.
No doubt Neu helped make Ryan a better QB in one year. He would do wonders for Tanner Lee.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

I almost wish that someone would publicly go out and barbecue the football program.

Marquette did that with our hoops program - and what's funny is that I've already seen some positive changes on that end.

Dickson doesn't do anything unless he is absolutely embarrassed and called out IN PUBLIC. Then and only then will he ask for change.
ssburas2005
Trickle

don't like price he's never been a serious oc. hes coached under his father at utep but was never calling the plays his father always called the plays. Tulane and cj needs to hire doug nussmeier of Michigan. hes played for the saints in 1994-1998. hes been an oc and qb coach since 2000 till now. hes coached as oc and qb coach in the pros and in college ever since 2000. he knows how to run a pro style offence. he deserves to be the oc here and hes a very good recruiter and they need larry porter as rb coach whose another great recruiter.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Does anyone know CJ's email?
51WaveBG
High Tide

You fine gentlemen are expecting competent decisions to be rendered regarding the TU football program. As long as RD is A/D, it won't happen. Only @ TU would this complete lack of accountability be allowed to go on for years.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

CJ's email.

[email protected].

Who knows if he ever checks it......
OGSB
Swell

Livin' rent free
dpm wave
Swell

Well, Aaron Kromer, the former OL Saints coach who left 2 years ago to become the Bears' OC was fired this morning.

There is absolutely nobody more knowledgeable about the Saints' offense on the open market.

Of course, the Saints may be willing to bring him back as the OL coach. But, I wonder how CJ's relationship was with him and if there's any brains at the Wilson Center large enough to see how this could turn to gold if they are willing to pay Kromer.
Jonathan
Riptide

CJ's allowing the Prices to stay says it all. I will not be donating major TAF dollars to Tulane next year and will cancel my Westfelt season tickets. The new stadium will look like the Superdome next year. CJ and staff need to go. I want a winning top 25 Tulane team every year on their way to a major bowl game. No more of this cr-p! I just emailed CJ to tell him to fire the Prices or I am out of here! Please email him and tell him how you feel as a Tulane football season ticket holder about the disastrous season last year and the Prices..
msdos
Swell

dpm wave wrote:Well, Aaron Kromer, the former OL Saints coach who left 2 years ago to become the Bears' OC was fired this morning.

There is absolutely nobody more knowledgeable about the Saints' offense on the open market.
we've run the saint's offense for 3 years to terrible results and your response is to double down on it?
Wave QB
Swell

dpm wave wrote:Well, Aaron Kromer, the former OL Saints coach who left 2 years ago to become the Bears' OC was fired this morning.

Of course, the Saints may be willing to bring him back as the OL coach. But, I wonder how CJ's relationship was with him and if there's any brains at the Wilson Center large enough to see how this could turn to gold if they are willing to pay Kromer.

Good point. Price doesn't know the Saints playbook and is pitching out a watered down version that he learned from a WR's coach. This would be a good hire.
Wave QB
Swell

msdos wrote:

we've run the saint's offense for 3 years to terrible results and your response is to double down on it?
We need to run it correctly before we can it.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

CJ's allowing the Prices to stay says it all.

Actually they were hand picked by a failed AD.

RD already doubled down on the current staff.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

In a desperate attempt to salvage this offense, I hold out the slimmest hopes that CJ will push hard to hire Kromer. Probably too late at this point.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I just sent my email to CJ. I wonder if he'll read it?
Hello, Coach Johnson,

I'm a Tulane Alumnus (class of '85) and season ticket holder despite living in Connecticut. One of the biggest problems your team has faced is the ability to consistently score points. Well I know that you've said time and time again that we need to be patient with the underclassmen as they need experience to mature, but this year saw the offense get progressively worse, not better. Had we seen improvement over the season, I'd see reason for optimism. Instead,I fear for another sub .500 season, which, quite frankly, at most Universities would cost the HC his job.

If you continue to try the same things expecting different results, that's a definition of insanity.

Please, take charge of this situation. Fire the Price brothers. Bring in an experienced OC and let him manage the game day decisions, particularly with regard to play calling and clock management. The Price track record is not a good one. As an OC, his teams have rarely cracked the top 100 in points per game. And certainly Mike Neu, if you could possibly bring him back, could work his magic with Tanner. If not, I'm sure you could find someone that could only be an improvement over what we've had this past year.

Aaron Kromer, former Saints OL coach and Bears OC has been mentioned as a possible candidate. I know you must have a list of coaches you've worked with that could do a better job GETTING THE WAVE INTO THE END ZONE than the Price's have been able to do. Please draw on your wealth of experience and stop the insanity!

Finally, in the blatantly obvious category, the long snapper issue, if addressed, would solve most of the problems in our kicking games. We should be able to get accurate long snaps at a very high rate, and we simply don't. It's embarrassing. Most High School programs around the country do a better job with long snaps than Tulane does. Maybe hiring a dedicated special teams coach might help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Happy New Year.

David Price
Tulane '85
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

I do not agree with you on everything, but we all want a successful Tulane athletic program. I hate to say it but you wrote a great letter!
Wavetrader
Low Tide

A&M won yesterday with a true freshman QB with three freshman WRs, and a defense loaded with freshman that made over half the total tackles against West Virginia. USC won against Nebraska starting 3 freshman on the OLine with one sophomore. We cannot blindly accept that our putrid football season (that got worse as the season wore on) was solely the result of freshman mistakes. Changes must be made on the Offensive coaching staff now before we ruin any momentum gained by the new conference and upside from Yulman. I'm penning a snail mail letter to Fitts over the weekend. I'm curious whether any of you that have contacted CJ, Fitts, and or Dickson have ever received a reply. Unfortunately, I'm getting close to walking across the street.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
tjtlja06
Low Tide

Imagine us running zone read with a dual threat QB, Hilliard, Badie, Thompson, and Veal running the jet sweep. An offense that actually matches our talent. Please relay this to CJ and crew.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetrader wrote:A&M won yesterday with a true freshman QB with three freshman WRs, and a defense loaded with freshman that made over half the total tackles against West Virginia. USC won against Nebraska starting 3 freshman on the OLine with one sophomore. We cannot blindly accept that our putrid football season (that got worse as the season wore on) was solely the result of freshman mistakes. Changes must be made on the Offensive coaching staff now before we ruin any momentum gained by the new conference and upside from Yulman. I'm penning a snail mail letter to Fitts over the weekend. I'm curious whether any of you that have contacted CJ, Fitts, and or Dickson have ever received a reply. Unfortunately, I'm getting close to walking across the street.
Freshman Speedy Noll was a 5 star player. Don't know the others but I'd bet they were at least 4 star kids. Our freshman are just 2-3 stars. And they made a lot of mistakes this year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tjtlja06
Low Tide

tpstulane, you bring up an interesting question. Seems like a lot of people on this board have written CJ, Fitts, and RD. Any responses???
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:A&M won yesterday with a true freshman QB with three freshman WRs, and a defense loaded with freshman that made over half the total tackles against West Virginia. USC won against Nebraska starting 3 freshman on the OLine with one sophomore. We cannot blindly accept that our putrid football season (that got worse as the season wore on) was solely the result of freshman mistakes. Changes must be made on the Offensive coaching staff now before we ruin any momentum gained by the new conference and upside from Yulman. I'm penning a snail mail letter to Fitts over the weekend. I'm curious whether any of you that have contacted CJ, Fitts, and or Dickson have ever received a reply. Unfortunately, I'm getting close to walking across the street.
Freshman Speedy Noll was a 5 star player. Don't know the others but I'd bet they were at least 4 star kids. Our freshman are just 2-3 stars. And they made a lot of mistakes this year.
Yes, but their competition is also mainly 2-3 star kids. On average, Tulane's athletes are every bit as good as what they face in the AAC. Unfortunately, a 1 star coaching staff is guiding them against 3 star coaching staff competition.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.