Big XII Expansion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:The latest talk includes 5 AAC schools: UCF, UH, Memphis, Cincy and UCONN.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... =si_social

What a garbage article

BYU has already been dismissed for consideration by the Big XII

Florida is not contiguous to Oklahoma or Texas, nor is CT

Houston has absolutely no shot because of UT.

Cincy has a shot I think. So do we.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

According to ESPN's writer Colin Cowherd, The Big 5 in College Football is about to become the Big 4. Big 12 will evaporate with OU going to SEC & UT going to PAC 12. Remember there are only 4 playoff spots so this may end up happening.
http://fansided.com/2015/06/30/big-12-t ... ahoma-sec/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

SEC here we come.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:SEC here we come.
It would seem if this did happen they would want one more weak team to balance off taking OU and level off at 16.
One can still dream. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
It would seem if this did happen they would want one more weak team to balance off taking OU and level off at 16.
Not with Rick/Dick still here to fluck everything up....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
We just found out that we're a running joke among SEC ADs. So we've got that gong for us.
sader24
Tsunami

Don't sleep on the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC. It would solve alot of problems as Alabama and Auburn would slide to the East. It would give Texas entirely to the SEC. There would be alot of obstacles including Ok.St, TxAM, and Texas' own beliefs that culturally they would fit in better with the Pac 12. I think Oklahoma has had their eyes on the SEC for awhile. It has to frustrate them that Arkansas, Texas AM, and Mizzou are in the SEC and they are stuck in no man's land. I think if the SEC had their way they would add Oklahoma, and either North Carolina (who will never go to the SEC) or Virginia Tech (who would go to the SEC in a heartbeat). I would bet if they could go back in time Oklahoma would've liked to have taken Mizzou's SEC spot.
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:Don't sleep on the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC. It would solve alot of problems as Alabama and Auburn would slide to the East. It would give Texas entirely to the SEC. There would be alot of obstacles including Ok.St, TxAM, and Texas' own beliefs that culturally they would fit in better with the Pac 12. I think Oklahoma has had their eyes on the SEC for awhile. It has to frustrate them that Arkansas, Texas AM, and Mizzou are in the SEC and they are stuck in no man's land. I think if the SEC had their way they would add Oklahoma, and either North Carolina (who will never go to the SEC) or Virginia Tech (who would go to the SEC in a heartbeat). I would bet if they could go back in time Oklahoma would've liked to have taken Mizzou's SEC spot.
Sad commentary on us: We and Virginia Tech were both independents in the 1970's and we beat the tar out of them regularly.

Additional sad Tulane commentary; half or more of SEC ads think Dickson is a fool, and, unfortunately, they are correct.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:According to ESPN's writer Colin Cowherd, The Big 5 in College Football is about to become the Big 4. Big 12 will evaporate with OU going to SEC & UT going to PAC 12. Remember there are only 4 playoff spots so this may end up happening.
http://fansided.com/2015/06/30/big-12-t ... ahoma-sec/

At present Oklahoma and Texas are having a hard enuff times just winning games in the Big 12... but if this does happen, look for Cincy and Houston to be a lock for an Invite with Memphis, because of the fed Ex Bucks and TV market on the radar, to the Big 12, which I do not see evaporating. If by chance the Big 12 decides to become the Big 14 then look for Colorado State UCF, as prime targets ...Tulane has an outside chance if they feel UCF is too large of a gap geographically....
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Green Wave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
sader24 wrote:Don't sleep on the possibility of Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC. It would solve alot of problems as Alabama and Auburn would slide to the East. It would give Texas entirely to the SEC. There would be alot of obstacles including Ok.St, TxAM, and Texas' own beliefs that culturally they would fit in better with the Pac 12. I think Oklahoma has had their eyes on the SEC for awhile. It has to frustrate them that Arkansas, Texas AM, and Mizzou are in the SEC and they are stuck in no man's land. I think if the SEC had their way they would add Oklahoma, and either North Carolina (who will never go to the SEC) or Virginia Tech (who would go to the SEC in a heartbeat). I would bet if they could go back in time Oklahoma would've liked to have taken Mizzou's SEC spot.
Sad commentary on us: We and Virginia Tech were both independents in the 1970's and we beat the tar out of them regularly.

Additional sad Tulane commentary; half or more of SEC ads think Dickson is a fool, and, unfortunately, they are correct.
:roll:

Stricklin got played. The fool here is him. Sour grapes BS. Half the teams in the SEC my ass.
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Stricklin got played. The fool here is him. Sour grapes BS. Half the teams in the SEC my ass.
Your stunning lack of self awareness is further proof of your professional association with Tulane Athletics and Rick Dickson.
Green Wave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Your stunning lack of self awareness is further proof of your professional association with Tulane Athletics and Rick Dickson.
Your an idiot.

Read Kushner's article ass clown.

In regards to your BS about me working for Tulane.

JJ you are a paranoid delusional hack. :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:

Your an idiot.

Read Kushner's article ass clown.

In regards to your BS about me working for Tulane.

JJ you are a paranoid delusional hack. :mrgreen:
Once again, I'll refer to your stunning lack of self awareness.

I read Kushner's article, and Tulane's comments disputed Strickland's take, so necessarily one of the two parties is lying. Since Strickland has absolutely nothing to gain by making up stories about Dickson, and since his giving the impression that he and his colleagues think Dickson and Dickson's idiotic scheduling strategies are a joke matches my personal observations, I think I know which party is lying.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Just got word from some active OU alums that OU has been back channeling with the SEC about coming over-but don't expect Texas to follow. Apparently the Longhorn Network ($50MM a year to UT) continues to be a source of frustration for OU and others in the Big 12. On top of that, the conference doesn't seem to know what it should, or can, do to increase network revenue for the other members. Hence, OU is losing patience with the Big 12 waiting game, and has started looking eastward. This is all starting to leak rather quickly. If Texas wants to join the SEC or PAC 12, they'll have to give up the Longhorn Network, which I'm not so sure they will. Even if OU leaves, Texas may stay in the Big 12 and rule it with an iron fist. Either Tulane gets in the SEC to counter OU (as many have said even the power conferences need a few patsies), or we may get invited to the "Texas and the many dwarves" show in the Big 12.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

Either,,,Or....

Who is saying Tulane to either SEC or Texas and the eleven dwarfs ?

Someone from OU ? From Texas ? You ? Or "a reliable source ?"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane isn't at the top of the list for any conference's expansion plans. With a horrible record of losing, small fan base and TV market that's mediocre, the only thing Tulane can hang it's hat on is New Orleans and better than average academics. "The Tulane Model" has put us further from inclusion than ever. I was shocked when the Big East invite came, but there was a pretty serious exodus from the Big East at that time. I don't see any mass exodus from any P5 right now, the dust seems to have settled. I'm pretty sure that ALL conferences have pretty steep penalties in place if anyone decides to bolt going forward.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Either,,,Or....

Who is saying Tulane to either SEC or Texas and the eleven dwarfs ?

Someone from OU ? From Texas ? You ? Or "a reliable source ?"
The OU info comes from some well heeled OU alums who are very active in OU program, so I would give that a lot of credence. I have no inside info as to what Texas might do, but the OU folks don't seem to think that UT will be headed for the SEC. The Tulane conjecture is just my hoping and dreaming. Given the Big 12 would be back in survival mode, and potentially scrambling for one or more teams, I would hope we would have a shot at that orphanage. Obviously an invite to the SEC is a charity action by the SEC, and to otherwise soften "murder's row".
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

Oklahoma would take Oklahoma State with them to SEC.

We know that the SEC views Dickson as a total buffoon. They will play us home and home holding their nose because of the stench of Dickson. But Dickson appears much happier playing the likes of South Alabama. Massachusetts and Maine for the tens of thousands of Tulane alumnae and alumni in the northeast who will storm their stadia in record numbers will be "cool."

Why bother to play a possible winnable game at Mississippi State that enhances our athletic budget by the $200,000 received AND the $350,000 not forfeited for our bad faith last minute cancellation ? I guess alumnae and alumni in Maine and Massachusetts are less aware of Dickson's total incompetence than the rest of us are.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Oklahoma would take Oklahoma State with them to SEC.

We know that the SEC views Dickson as a total buffoon. They will play us home and home holding their nose because of the stench of Dickson. But Dickson appears much happier playing the likes of South Alabama. Massachusetts and Maine for the tens of thousands of Tulane alumnae and alumni in the northeast who will storm their stadia in record numbers will be "cool."

Why bother to play a possible winnable game at Mississippi State that enhances our athletic budget by the $200,000 received AND the $350,000 not forfeited for our bad faith last minute cancellation ? I guess alumnae and alumni in Maine and Massachusetts are less aware of Dickson's total incompetence than the rest of us are.

Mr Pete, I am not sure Oklahoma would take Okie State ... I do not think the SEC would take two schools from Oklahoma simply because of TV contracts...if OU went to the SEC...(Drum roll please)....the SEC would take UH simply because of the TV market and geographic balance
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:

Mr Pete, I am not sure Oklahoma would take Okie State ... I do not think the SEC would take two schools from Oklahoma simply because of TV contracts...if OU went to the SEC...(Drum roll please)....the SEC would take UH simply because of the TV market and geographic balance
That would certainly make the most sense for the SEC. Would be a coup for Houston and yet another university that took advantage of Cowen's idiocy over the past 15 years. ULL is on deck.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Ya their AD really got played. Basically makes $550k from TU and replaces the game with a free 2-1 with UMass. Greenwave and apologists like him have done infinite damage to our athletics and the university as a whole.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Well Dickson's BFF looks like he isn't buying the Yulman "Crown Jewel" strategy. What a shocker.

https://twitter.com/DaveSittler/status/ ... 5035075584
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

I'm SURE Dickson and Co are prepared for the latest round of realignment.

Or you could see what Memphis' President does.

In fact, everyone should check out the Memphis' President's Twitter feed, because it's full of excitement, optimism and commitment to Memphis athletics. Then you could compare it to Cowen/Fitts/Dickson and cry if you want.

https://twitter.com/UofMemphisPres
Show Me
Tsunami

They trend is going back to campus. The Liberty Bowl sucks and Fed Ex is off campus as well. Glad to see them committing to new stadium and arena. How much are they spending?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Show Me wrote:They trend is going back to campus. The Liberty Bowl sucks and Fed Ex is off campus as well. Glad to see them committing to new stadium and arena. How much are they spending?
False. Wrong. Incorrect. F&CK!!!!!!!!!!!!

They renovated the Liberty Bowl and Fed Ex and are spending money on practice facilities for both sports.

Who woulda thunk that the universities that are getting it right all do the exact opposite of what Team Cowen/Dickson does.