CJ, Staff...on the Hot seat

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cj we all likes you as a man. We all want you to succeed. We also know that Tulane doesn't judge by wins and losses. But make no mistake we the fans do judge by wins and losses. Your teams have lacked miserably in discipline. Execution is pathetic. The offensive play has been abysmal to say the least . The special teams performance this year is inexcusable. You need to hire an OC and let him install his offense and call all of the plays. You are the closer in recruiting. Accept what you are and make hires accordingly.

Furthermore quit w/ the embarrassing public statements. Saying we got our asses handed to us at Rutgers b/c the players got caught up in their Homecoming activities is just plain stupid. It's embarrassing enough being a Tulane fan don't add to it w/Ignorant statements lIke that. IT'S NOT FUNNY.

3-9. Only two FBS wins. One of those against an absolutely horrific Uconn team. That doesn't even come close to cutting it.

START EARNING YOUR SALARY OR YOU'LL GET THE TOLEDO TREATMENT.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

Yeah CJ. The time has come for you to walk the walk.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Wave QB wrote:Yeah CJ. The time has come for you to walk the walk.
LOL Tricky Rick just gave him an extension. What hot seat?
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let me add that your approach to spring practice sucks too. It's too early. Players haven't had time to recover physically and mentally from the season. Being so early also means that retention for the following season is adversely affected as there is too much time in between. Lastly there is no excuse ever for a Tulane team to skip a practice much less three.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fred Dowler wrote:
Learn to read Fred. My post was clear the that we know w/Tulane he's not on the Hot Seat but he is w/the fans. The same fans who got Toledo fired midseason which had never happened in Tulane's history.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

winwave wrote:Let me add that your approach to spring practice sucks too. It's too early. Players haven't had time to recover physically and mentally from the season. Being so early also means that retention for the following season is adversely affected as there is too much time in between. Lastly there is no excuse ever for a Tulane team to skip a practice much less three.
True. A big memorable discussion on that one -- and poor season results would seem to bear out they did in fact do the wrong thing. And spring practice, yes, whatever happened to it being in the spring as opposed to the winter?
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:
Learn to read Fred. My post was clear the that we know w/Tulane he's not on the Hot Seat but he is w/the fans. The same fans who got Toledo fired midseason which had never happened in Tulane's history.
When that happened, though, how many years did Toledo have left to go on his contract? Was it that many? Doesn't Curtis Johnson still have 6 years to go with his? At this point, Tricky Rick isn't going to do anything but maybe barricade himself in his contract and hold his hands over his ears and eyes.
Dave breslin
Swell

I understand that Coachless Price is still in Yulman. He can't pass the goal line to get out. Three years of the worst coaching in the history of D1 football will be his legacy. I think that there was improvement in the o line. A grade of F to a D. Running was aggressive. Play calling/coaching grade - is there anything below a F. Price would be the first to get a grade of G. And that IS NOT for Good. Thanks to a defense that played like men for the year. I won't mention the kicking game - it never showed up. Someone get CJ a watch so he can manage time better. Maybe he's in a time warp and is ahead of his time. It's Sunday morning - is Price still employed? Or is he playing tennis with the other big loser?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A few more things:

We expect you and your staff to know your personnel and where they should be playing by the start of the season.

We expect that you will have the team fired up to play from the first snap of the first game to the last snap. We don't ever want a player to have to publicly admit that we came out flat.

We will be in a weak division next year. We expect at least 8 wins and a division title.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have the perfect intro song when CJ and staff enter a room... " Send in the Clowns"......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Not once have I heard Johnson take any blame for the crappy coaching
this year. Its always the youth excuse. "We gotta play better". No shit Sherlock.
Think recruiting is going to be strong this year? Who would want to come this to
mess and aint nobody going to buy into Johnsons "magic" because it just is not
there.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Over on Yoggie, one poster talking about sitting behind the Tulane bench watching
players dancing to music, squirting coaches with water then playing hide and seek,
waving to the dancing girls. If true, this is a disgrace and speaks volumes about Johnson's
discipline or lack thereof. Guess some players think its a big joke. Woody, did you attend
your first Yulman game and suffer thru this?
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:Not once have I heard Johnson take any blame for the crappy coaching
this year. Its always the youth excuse. "We gotta play better". No sh*t Sherlock.
Think recruiting is going to be strong this year? Who would want to come this to
mess and aint nobody going to buy into Johnsons "magic" because it just is not
there.
t ain't

OH NO !!!! say it ain't so... CJ, is not "Magic Johnson" !?!?!?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OGSB
Swell

One good thing (to me at least) is that he promises we will be better next year. "Impressive" even. With Toledo "next year" was always some vague time in the future sometime. Can he carry through?
Livin' rent free
51WaveBG
High Tide

winwave>has the AAC decided on the make up of the 2 divisions yet and if so, what are they. I assume that the west will be Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Memphis & Tulane and 1 other, but who will it be? Do you think any changes will be made on the offensive side of the ball? I hope so, but, I doubt it. With the long term contract in his pocket, CJ really feels no heat.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Last off season CJ had to replace two coaches. Neu took a job with the Saints, and Lamb retired for health reasons. He replaced them by hiring an unemployed coach who was hanging around because his brother is on the staff, and he promoted a Graduate assistant. This indicates two things, CJ made little effort to find suitable replacements for the outgoing coaches and he went cheap on their salaries. Does not bode well for this offseason.
MicMan
Swell

With six years left CJ can say whatever he wants and give the fans the figurative finger. And he does.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Houston to fire coach.
OGSB
Swell

Mandeville Wave wrote:Houston to fire coach.
That's a little bit surprising, but something Tulane needs to make note of.
Livin' rent free
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OGSB wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:Houston to fire coach.
That's a little bit surprising, but something Tulane needs to make note of.
I just log onto the Houston Chronicle web site...http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014 ... us-monday/
Dave breslin
Swell

The season doesn't bode well for the coaching.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote:The season doesn't bode well for the coaching.
except for "Speedy and Rollins" what "coaching," can you say took place ?!?!?!?!?
MicMan
Swell

Not surprising. With the biggest conference consolidations yet to come, no one wants to be left without a seat when the music stops.
OGSB
Swell

Footballscoop.com is reporting the decision has been made, per "sources". We'll see I guess.
Livin' rent free
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:Over on Yoggie, one poster talking about sitting behind the Tulane bench watching
players dancing to music, squirting coaches with water then playing hide and seek,
waving to the dancing girls. If true, this is a disgrace and speaks volumes about Johnson's
discipline or lack thereof. Guess some players think its a big joke. Woody, did you attend
your first Yulman game and suffer thru this?
I suffered thru 3 quarters ... What a time to stop drinking !!!!!... I will be getting a call on Monday from a friend at ESPN who worked the broadcast.. I am looking forward to his input regarding Yulman