Tulane crushes LSU 25-1

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The Tulane Green Wave Ice Hockey Club Team took on the
LSU Tiger Hockey Club Team on Friday, November 14 in Baton Rouge at
Leo’s Iceland and Hockey Complex.

Final score: Tulane 25 – lsu 1

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

This is explainable because Tulane Ice Hockey is not under control of the Wilson Center. Rick Dickson's dirty hands can't touch this sport.
MicMan
Swell

First, it's a club sport. NO ONE CARES. Second, I find little to like in a bunch of mediocre prep schoolers from the northeast beating up on an outmanned team, even if it is our arch rival. The game never should have been scheduled. Oh, AND NO ONE CARES.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote:First, it's a club sport. NO ONE CARES. Second, I find little to like in a bunch of mediocre prep schoolers from the northeast beating up on an outmanned team, even if it is our arch rival. The game never should have been scheduled. Oh, AND NO ONE CARES.
You mean you don't care. We used to have wheelbarrow races with LSU that made the sports pages when it was a rivalry. You're too young to understand these things. Anytime Tulane beats LSU is worthy of a thread for those of us that grew up with the rivalry. Besides we no longer play them in any major sports.
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
MicMan wrote:First, it's a club sport. NO ONE CARES. Second, I find little to like in a bunch of mediocre prep schoolers from the northeast beating up on an outmanned team, even if it is our arch rival. The game never should have been scheduled. Oh, AND NO ONE CARES.
You mean you don't care. We used to have wheelbarrow races with LSU that made the sports pages when it was a rivalry. You're too young to understand these things. Anytime Tulane beats LSU is worthy of a thread for those of us that grew up with the rivalry. Besides we no longer play them in any major sports.

This past summer struck I up a friendly conversation with a Navy family who's young children were wearing LSU garb (hardly an everyday occurrence in Rhode Island), and mentioned that "in my day we beat LSU three out of four years". The conversation became a little awkward as it occurred to me that this pleasant couple was giving me looks of concern as if I were a mad street vagrant babbling nonsense. Apparently the thought of Tulane defeating LSU in football was completely beyond their comprehension.
JDTulane
Riptide

Tulane rowing also always dominates LSU, so theres that. Roll wave
JTLiuzza
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
tps I remember the wheelbarrow deal on the local TV news all the time. Was it a race? I thought it was some deal where a bunch of Tulane and LSU guys had an arrangement whereby the loser that year (in football) would have to tote the winner around the block or something in a wheelbarrow. Both guys were wearing their school gear and the guy being toted around enjoying a cold barley pop. :)
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They weren't races but they were just always referred to as such.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:They weren't races but they were just always referred to as such.
+1
This. It was always a news item back in the day. Unfortunately that also went away when we quit playing them. It was big in the 70's and 80's when Tulane was more competitive.
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

wave97 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

This past summer struck I up a friendly conversation with a Navy family who's young children were wearing LSU garb (hardly an everyday occurrence in Rhode Island), and mentioned that "in my day we beat LSU three out of four years". The conversation became a little awkward as it occurred to me that this pleasant couple was giving me looks of concern as if I were a mad street vagrant babbling nonsense. Apparently the thought of Tulane defeating LSU in football was completely beyond their comprehension.
More likely they were curious when you had your last physical exam.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

As a founding member of the Tulane Hockey Club, I CARE. Perhaps you don't know this, but the Tulane Hockey Club has been in existence for over 30 years. No, the Club will never compete with the revenue sports, but some folks actually do care how they're doing. And with hockey getting more and more popular throughout the entire country, hockey players are now coming from places such as Dallas, Orlando, and even Southern California. The captain is from Chicago, and the Alternate Captain is from Carencro, LA.

If you don't care, move on to the next thread.
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wavefan03
Surge

Where/how do they practice? You mean roller blade hockey?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wavefan03 wrote:Where/how do they practice? You mean roller blade hockey?
They practice and play in Baton Rouge. The rink in New Orleans closed after Katrina damage couldn't be repaired. Our first year, 1981-82, (?) we played in a mall in Metarie. When the mall closed (with the rink) we helped build one in a warehouse. Not sure if that's where they continued to play until Katrina, as I was working my way through school and gave it up. And no, it's not roller hockey, it's ice hockey.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
They practice and play in Baton Rouge. The rink in New Orleans closed after Katrina damage couldn't be repaired. Our first year, 1981-82, (?) we played in a mall in Metarie. When the mall closed (with the rink) we helped build one in a warehouse. Not sure if that's where they continued to play until Katrina, as I was working my way through school and gave it up. And no, it's not roller hockey, it's ice hockey.

That's brutal.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It would seem to me that if you truly Love Tulane, you will always care about any competitive
event, particularly if LSU is involved. If there is a Tulane chess club and they play LSU,
I hope they beat the snot out of them. You may not understand the competition and may not
choose to attend the event, but you should care about the outcome.

I'm not a big WBB fan. I never played competitive basketball and the game doesn't do it for me.
Even so, I want the Tulane's women's basketball program to be the best. Who knows, if it's true
about the upcoming WBB shirts vs. skins inter-squad game, I may decide it is worth the price of a
ticket.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote:
It would seem to me that if you truly Love Tulane, you will always care about any competitive
event, particularly if LSU is involved. If there is a Tulane chess club and they play LSU,
I hope they beat the snot out of them. You may not understand the competition and may not
choose to attend the event, but you should care about the outcome.

I'm not a big WBB fan. I never played competitive basketball and the game doesn't do it for me.
Even so, I want the Tulane's women's basketball program to be the best. Who knows, if it's true
about the upcoming WBB shirts vs. skins inter-squad game, I may decide it is worth the price of a
ticket.
+1
Anything Tulane beats LSU in should be front page news on here. We just don't do it enough unfortunately. Clubs, women's, men's or academics its always nice to beat the dem Tigah's.
Jonathan
Riptide

Great ice hockey. Who gives a darn! Sounds like beach volleyball or bowling. Let me know when we defeat LSU A&M in football.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Great ice hockey. Who gives a darn! Sounds like beach volleyball or bowling. Let me know when we defeat LSU A&M in football.
I do not think the uni's for ice hockey are any where as good as the ones for Beach Volleyball !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
T1B2TW
High Tide

DfromCT wrote:
As a founding member of the Tulane Hockey Club, I CARE. Perhaps you don't know this, but the Tulane Hockey Club has been in existence for over 30 years. No, the Club will never compete with the revenue sports, but some folks actually do care how they're doing. And with hockey getting more and more popular throughout the entire country, hockey players are now coming from places such as Dallas, Orlando, and even Southern California. The captain is from Chicago, and the Alternate Captain is from Carencro, LA.

Sic 'em DfromCT. I wonder if he "didn't care" on 02/22/80. If he didn't care then well, he's was totally out of touch with what the rest of the country was tuned in to that day. BTW, I consider a goal in hockey equivalent to a TD in football. So that would mean a score of 175-7 in football jargon. In any case 25 goals is just unheard of in hockey. The word blowout isn't enough to describe the enormity of the defeat in that contest.
T1B2TW
High Tide

wave97 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I bet they would have "comprehended" if the two teams had met in '98.
JTLiuzza
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
That mall you played in was in Kenner on Chateau Blvd and West Esplanade. Part of it still stands but the ice rink is long gone.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
MicMan
Swell

Blah blah blah. I played hockey for 20 years, no one with an ounce of respect for the game wants to be part of a dumpster fire like that. And if it's just because poor widdle middle-aged adults feel inferior to those upriver and glory in what amounts to a pickup trouncing because their own varsity squads suck by comparison, get over yourselves.

No disrespect intended to TU's icemen, of course.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

T1B2TW wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Sic 'em DfromCT. I wonder if he "didn't care" on 02/22/80. If he didn't care then well, he's was totally out of touch with what the rest of the country was tuned in to that day. BTW, I consider a goal in hockey equivalent to a TD in football. So that would mean a score of 175-7 in football jargon. In any case 25 goals is just unheard of in hockey. The word blowout isn't enough to describe the enormity of the defeat in that contest.
+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MicMan
Swell

T1B2TW wrote:I wonder if he "didn't care" on 02/22/80. If he didn't care then well, he's was totally out of touch with what the rest of the country was tuned in to that day. BTW, I consider a goal in hockey equivalent to a TD in football. So that would mean a score of 175-7 in football jargon. In any case 25 goals is just unheard of in hockey. The word blowout isn't enough to describe the enormity of the defeat in that contest.
Has no actual relevance to the discussion, and your theorizing is idiotic but if it puffs you up, have at it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote:Blah blah blah. I played hockey for 20 years, no one with an ounce of respect for the game wants to be part of a dumpster fire like that. And if it's just because poor widdle middle-aged adults feel inferior to those upriver and glory in what amounts to a pickup trouncing because their own varsity squads suck by comparison, get over yourselves.

No disrespect intended to TU's icemen, of course.
What an idiotic post.